A RUNAWAY dog has caused a three car-crash on the M61 near Farnworth.
The large, white female Akita was seen loose on the motorway between junctions 3 and 4 near Plodder Lane at about 1pm today.
Three vehicles were said to be involved in a "minor" crash while trying to avoid the animal.
The North West Motorway Police tweeted that the dog suffered a paw injury after being hit by a car.
Officers wrote: "Highways Agency with the dog on the M61 J4-J3 Plodder Ln-Farnworth. Dog has been struck & has paw injury. @RSPCA_official en route to assist."
The M61 has now been cleared and RSPCA officers have been called to the scene.
- Race hate crime committed nearly every day last year - but Bolton is 'no more racist than anywhere else', say police
- Named: The best 5 pubs in Bolton, according to CAMRA
- 'Modern buildings look terrible' - Campaigner launches petition against university's plan to build £40 million student village next to historic Le Mans Crescent
- Peter Kay's new TV show Car Share is quite a departure from his other work
- Prison escapee found hiding in loft