A RUNAWAY dog has caused a three car-crash on the M61 near Farnworth.
The large, white female Akita was seen loose on the motorway between junctions 3 and 4 near Plodder Lane at about 1pm today.
Three vehicles were said to be involved in a "minor" crash while trying to avoid the animal.
The North West Motorway Police tweeted that the dog suffered a paw injury after being hit by a car.
Officers wrote: "Highways Agency with the dog on the M61 J4-J3 Plodder Ln-Farnworth. Dog has been struck & has paw injury. @RSPCA_official en route to assist."
The M61 has now been cleared and RSPCA officers have been called to the scene.
- Pasties, slot machines and sunbeds for town as part of new plans
- Anger after changes to collections mean some residents left to drag bins up to A MILE
- Bolton Wanderers Free School's future 'under serious threat' after Ofsted rates it inadequate in all areas
- Did a Member of Parliament tell Pakistani-born Bolton MP Yasmin Qureshi to 'go home?'
- INQUEST: Former Bolton School pupil took his own life