A RUNAWAY dog has caused a three car-crash on the M61 near Farnworth.
The large, white female Akita was seen loose on the motorway between junctions 3 and 4 near Plodder Lane at about 1pm today.
Three vehicles were said to be involved in a "minor" crash while trying to avoid the animal.
The North West Motorway Police tweeted that the dog suffered a paw injury after being hit by a car.
Officers wrote: "Highways Agency with the dog on the M61 J4-J3 Plodder Ln-Farnworth. Dog has been struck & has paw injury. @RSPCA_official en route to assist."
The M61 has now been cleared and RSPCA officers have been called to the scene.
- Mum's terror as baby is born 3 months early while on holiday in Spain
- Flytipper caught when he was spotted carrying sofa on car roof
- New neighbour stole family's car after being invited round for a drink
- New memorial to be unveiled in Queens Park to 236 of the brave Bolton men who lost their lives in Gallipoli
- 'Panic' over sacked university lecturers