Man left with broken jaw after random nightclub attack
A CLUBBER was left with a broken jaw after he was punched in the face by a stranger in Vogue nightclub in Leigh.
The 34-year-old victim was walking back from the club's smoking area and was with a friend in the rear foyer when he was attacked.
The stunned victim fell over backwards and was unable to see who punched him, and the attacker then fled.
He went to hospital because his jaw felt numb, and doctors told him that his jaw was broken.
The attack happened at the club in Spinning Jenny Way, Leigh, between 2.30am and 4.30am on Sunday, December 29.
PC Peter Stafford said: “The victim has absolutely no idea why a complete stranger would punch him in the face for no apparent reason.
“He can't remember upsetting anyone that night or getting into an argument - not that this would justify a violent assault.
“We know for a fact that the club, and the rear foyer – next to the smoking area - specifically, were busy that night so I'm confident someone would have seen this.
“We have spoken to some witnesses but, if you were there and we haven't spoken to you yet, then please call us.”
Anyone with information can call police on 0161 8567225 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- Dad fought with burglar after catching him in child's bedroom
- New cabaret bar to open in Bolton town centre
- UPDATED: Warning as con-artists trick elderly residents in Bolton
- Two Bolton councillors who failed to pay their council tax cannot be named because it will 'cause them distress' and 'infringe their human rights'
- Great Lever chippy improves its hygiene rating from zero... to one
Comments are closed on this article.