BOLTON’S missing millionaire has missed the chance to claim their prize.
A winning Euromillions raffle ticket was bought in Bolton on July 26 but initially the winner could not be traced.
And despite calls from the National Lottery, The Bolton News and Brian Caswell, Bolton’s biggest lottery winner, for people to check their pockets for the missing ticket, no-one came forward within the 180 day limit imposed by the National Lottery.
The deadline passed on Wednesday at 11pm and now the money, plus any interest that it earned, will be passed over to the National Lottery Good Causes — which helps fund projects across the country in the areas of sport, heritage, charities, health, education and the environment.
A National Lottery spokesperson said: “We tried very hard to find the ticket-holder and it’s a real shame that they have missed out, but there is still one winner – the nation.
"This money, and all the interest earned over the 180 days, will now go to benefit projects all over the UK funded by The National Lottery.”
- Bonfire night worrying for pets
- Controversial comic Roy Chubby Brown ready for sold out gig in Bolton
- Cast ready to perform 'stunning' modern version of rock opera Jesus Christ Superstar
- Zoe Milton campaign raises incredible £50,000
- Plans for Great Lever housing development deferred following residents eco campaign