Elderly woman rescued from Little Hulton bedroom blaze

Crews from Farnworth helped lead the woman to safety

Crews from Farnworth helped lead the woman to safety

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

AN elderly woman had to be rescued from her Little Hulton flat after her bedroom caught fire.

A crew from Farnworth Fire Station were called to the home in Captain Fold Road, Little Hulton at about 2pm.

It is understood that a discarded cigarette had set fire to a curtain in an upstairs bedroom.

Firefighters had to break down the front door wearing breathing apparatus to clear the house of smoke, before leaving the scene after roughly an hour.

A fire service spokesman said: “It was started in an upstairs bedroom and we believe due to smoking.

“A lady was rescued by fire service personnel and, as far as we could tell, she was fine.

"Neighbours had tried to access the flat to help the woman but had been unsuccessful."

Nobody was injured in the blaze, with the elderly woman declining hospital treatment.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree