Elderly woman rescued from Little Hulton flat after cigarette fire

Elderly woman rescued from Little Hulton flat after cigarette fire

Elderly woman rescued from Little Hulton flat after cigarette fire

First published in News

AN elderly woman had to be rescued from her flat after her bedroom caught fire.

A crew from Farnworth fire station were called to her home in Captain Fold Road, Little Hulton, at about 2pm yesterday.

It is believed a discarded cigarette had set fire to a curtain in an upstairs bedroom. Firefighters had to break down the front door to rescue the woman.

The flat was then cleared of smoke, with crews spending about an hour at the scene.

It is understood neighbours had tried to get into the flat to help the woman before the crew arrived.

A fire service spokesman said: “The blaze started in an upstairs bedroom and we believe it was due to smoking. A lady was rescued by fire service personnel and, as far as we could tell, she was fine.”

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:14pm Tue 28 Jan 14

MarkAllRead says...

Smoking kills, folks.
Smoking kills, folks. MarkAllRead
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree