TWO men have appeared in court charged with involvement in child prostitution.
Raymond Hawthorn, aged 49, and Ryan Dolby, aged 27, appeared at Bolton Crown Court via video link. They spoke only to confirm their names.
Hawthorn, of Crescent Road, Great Lever, is charged with controlling a boy aged 16 for prostitution between December 5, 2012 and October 30, 2013.
Both Hawthorn and Dolby, of Dingle Walk, off Beta Street, Bolton, are charged with controlling the activities of a 16-year-old in relation to his prostitution between February 1 last year and July 31 last year.
Hawthorn also faces two charges of failing to disclose a bank account despite being required to under the Sexual Offences Act.
They were due to enter pleas to the charges but the hearing was adjourned. They will appear at Bolton Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on February 28.
- Calls for tougher penalties for fly-tippers as one of worst cases in Bolton is revealed
- Hospital bosses: Jimmy Savile sex abuse scandal will never happen here
- Drunk shouted abuse outside the home of police officers
- Bolton weather update - Friday May 29, 2015
- Bolton traffic and travel update - Friday May 29, 2015