TWO men have appeared in court charged with involvement in child prostitution.
Raymond Hawthorn, aged 49, and Ryan Dolby, aged 27, appeared at Bolton Crown Court via video link. They spoke only to confirm their names.
Hawthorn, of Crescent Road, Great Lever, is charged with controlling a boy aged 16 for prostitution between December 5, 2012 and October 30, 2013.
Both Hawthorn and Dolby, of Dingle Walk, off Beta Street, Bolton, are charged with controlling the activities of a 16-year-old in relation to his prostitution between February 1 last year and July 31 last year.
Hawthorn also faces two charges of failing to disclose a bank account despite being required to under the Sexual Offences Act.
They were due to enter pleas to the charges but the hearing was adjourned. They will appear at Bolton Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on February 28.
- NO GO: Council rejects plans for No Exit escape rooms game in town centre
- Full steam ahead as one Fred Dibnah's engines springs into action once again
- Bolton local elections: Focus on Astley Bridge
- Horwich leisure centre plans changed to offer double number of spectator seats
- Schoolboy, 11, faces new cancer battle less than three months after being given the all clear