TWO men have appeared in court charged with involvement in child prostitution.
Raymond Hawthorn, aged 49, and Ryan Dolby, aged 27, appeared at Bolton Crown Court via video link. They spoke only to confirm their names.
Hawthorn, of Crescent Road, Great Lever, is charged with controlling a boy aged 16 for prostitution between December 5, 2012 and October 30, 2013.
Both Hawthorn and Dolby, of Dingle Walk, off Beta Street, Bolton, are charged with controlling the activities of a 16-year-old in relation to his prostitution between February 1 last year and July 31 last year.
Hawthorn also faces two charges of failing to disclose a bank account despite being required to under the Sexual Offences Act.
They were due to enter pleas to the charges but the hearing was adjourned. They will appear at Bolton Crown Court for a plea and case management hearing on February 28.
- Mum and son have three months to 'find' £113,000 stolen from Dunscar Conservative Club
- Hospital bosses apologise after elderly dementia patient's wedding ring is stolen from her finger
- Firefighters called after man heard shouting for help trapped on roof of Voodoo bar in Bolton town centre at 6am
- 'Overcrowding on Bolton trains will improve', says transport secretary
- 'More poor people should vote', says MP