AN 89-year-old man has been charged with slashing a neighbour's throat.
Pensioner William Dutton, of Breightmet Drive, will appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this morning after an incident on Sunday evening.
Dutton has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to 60-year-old Steven Waring, and possession of a bladed article.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in the front garden of a semi-detached house, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- Brothel shut down and prostitutes spoken to during human trafficking crackdown
- Hundreds of customers queue outside for opening of new pound store
- UPDATE: Two people taken to hospital after crash at busy roundabout
- REVEALED: Almost 17,000 new homes could be built across Bolton over next 20 years
- PICTURES/ VIDEO: Bolton's new cinema rolls out the red carpet treatment for guests at its official opening