AN 89-year-old man has been charged with slashing a neighbour's throat.
Pensioner William Dutton, of Breightmet Drive, will appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this morning after an incident on Sunday evening.
Dutton has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to 60-year-old Steven Waring, and possession of a bladed article.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in the front garden of a semi-detached house, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- LIVE: Tributes after 22 dead in suicide bomb attack at Manchester Arena
- VIDEOS: Emotional scenes in Bolton as candles lit and prayers held for victims of terror attack
- Teenage boy in hospital with life-changing injuries as doctors battle to save his eye after terror attack
- UPDATES: Family's desperate plea as teenage girl missing after Manchester terrorist attack
- Homeless man tearfully describes moment he cradled dying woman after Manchester terror attack