Pensioner charged with slashing neighbour's throat
AN 89-year-old man has been charged with slashing a neighbour's throat.
Pensioner William Dutton, of Breightmet Drive, will appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this morning after an incident on Sunday evening.
Dutton has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to 60-year-old Steven Waring, and possession of a bladed article.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in the front garden of a semi-detached house, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- 'A modern day miracle' - 25,000 free picnic lunches for Bolton's poorest children
- Call for Horwich to leave Bolton... and become part of Chorley
- UPDATED: Body found in Rivington reservoir
- HSBC closes relief charity trust account
- UPDATED: Motorist crashes into fence after suffering 'medical episode' at wheel