AN 89-year-old man has been charged with slashing a neighbour's throat.
Pensioner William Dutton, of Breightmet Drive, will appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this morning after an incident on Sunday evening.
Dutton has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to 60-year-old Steven Waring, and possession of a bladed article.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in the front garden of a semi-detached house, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- Police sniff out £150,000 cannabis farm in Halliwell
- Strangeways riots: Former Bolton Evening News photographer recalls the siege 25 years on
- Bolton College's new campus is inspiration for new education facility in Romania
- Pupils go to school in their pyjamas in memory of brave Little Lever youngster Jessica Green
- Bolton weather update – Monday, March 30, 2015