AN 89-year-old man has been charged with slashing a neighbour's throat.
Pensioner William Dutton, of Breightmet Drive, will appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this morning after an incident on Sunday evening.
Dutton has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to 60-year-old Steven Waring, and possession of a bladed article.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in the front garden of a semi-detached house, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- Schoolgirl dies after contracting meningitis
- LIVE: Trees down and traffic chaos as Storm Doris hits
- PICTURES/ VIDEOS: Storm Doris batters Bolton
- RECAP: All the chaos from Storm Doris in Bolton
- Drunken mum who glassed woman in pub fails in bid to clear her name