AN 89-year-old man has been charged with slashing a neighbour's throat.
Pensioner William Dutton, of Breightmet Drive, will appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this morning after an incident on Sunday evening.
Dutton has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to 60-year-old Steven Waring, and possession of a bladed article.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in the front garden of a semi-detached house, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- UPDATED: Driver suffers serious injuries in high-speed crash
- More than 1,200 names on student nurse's "save the NHS" petition
- Reporter has a ball while trying out wheelchair sport
- Tributes paid to former Horwich town mayor who has died
- Mum's terror as baby is born 3 months early while on holiday in Spain