Pensioner charged with slashing neighbour's throat
AN 89-year-old man has been charged with slashing a neighbour's throat.
Pensioner William Dutton, of Breightmet Drive, will appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this morning after an incident on Sunday evening.
Dutton has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to 60-year-old Steven Waring, and possession of a bladed article.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in the front garden of a semi-detached house, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- Bus services set to be cut across Bolton
- Thieves steal fence panel from couple's "pride and joy" garden
- Council to spend almost £500,000 to combat school places shortage
- Huge festival set to see families flock to the town centre on Easter Monday
- New mayor of Westhoughton's special way to celebrate a special year