AN 89-year-old man has been charged with slashing a neighbour's throat.
Pensioner William Dutton, of Breightmet Drive, will appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this morning after an incident on Sunday evening.
Dutton has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to 60-year-old Steven Waring, and possession of a bladed article.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in the front garden of a semi-detached house, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- Supermarket security guard hailed as a hero after helping save toddler's life in Farnworth Tesco
- Homeless man battered by baseball bat thugs and left for dead in Bolton town centre
- Teen arrested 200 miles away after Bolton football fan reports 'racial abuse' he saw on TV
- Flats evacuated after fire rips through bin compound
- Three men sentenced for betting shop brawl after anti-mosque demonstration