AN 89-year-old man has been charged with slashing a neighbour's throat.
Pensioner William Dutton, of Breightmet Drive, will appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this morning after an incident on Sunday evening.
Dutton has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to 60-year-old Steven Waring, and possession of a bladed article.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in the front garden of a semi-detached house, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- Moment shop assistant is confronted by gun in 'joke' robbery caught on camera
- Labour investigating Bolton Council candidate after failure to disclose criminal convictions
- Outstanding schools in Bolton to link up under Government's controversial academies programme
- PICTURES: Smashing summer of events planned for Bolton
- University of Bolton team creates mattress topper to prevent pressure sores