Pensioner charged with slashing neighbour's throat
AN 89-year-old man has been charged with slashing a neighbour's throat.
Pensioner William Dutton, of Breightmet Drive, will appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this morning after an incident on Sunday evening.
Dutton has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to 60-year-old Steven Waring, and possession of a bladed article.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in the front garden of a semi-detached house, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- Road reopens after Little Hulton crash
- Council had been warned to board up school hours before it was destroyed in mystery fire
- 'No plans to introduce three-weekly bin collections', say council
- 'More women in cabinet? They can make the tea', says Bolton's first UKIP councillor
- Cause of Clarendon Primary School fire unknown - but arson not ruled out