AN 89-year-old man has been charged with slashing a neighbour's throat.
Pensioner William Dutton, of Breightmet Drive, will appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this morning after an incident on Sunday evening.
Dutton has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm with intent to 60-year-old Steven Waring, and possession of a bladed article.
The incident is alleged to have taken place in the front garden of a semi-detached house, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- UPDATE: Man appears in court charged with perverting course of justice, after body of missing Victoria Cherry is found
- Furniture store set to close after 44 years
- REVEALED: Jobs could go at £300,000 grant firm Asons
- PICTURES: Young entrepreneur's new £200,000 American-themed burger bar
- Driver destroys BT cabinet before smashing into tree after losing control outside fire station