Pensioner accused of slashing neighbour's throat 'taken to hospital'
A PENSIONER who is accused of slashing his neighbour's throat failed to turn up to court this morning because he was apparently rushed to hospital.
He was then due to appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this afternoon but due to his disabilities the case was sent to Manchester Magistrates Court, which is more accessible.
He will appear at Manchester Magistrates Court this afternoon.
The incident is alleged to have taken place on Sunday night in the front garden of a semi-detached house in Breightmet Drive, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- Speeding driver raced at 70mph and almost knocked down three people in police chase
- Celebrity chefs go head to head in Food Festival showdown
- Show must go on for Stepping Out actress
- UPDATED: Fire at derelict former pub in Gilnow
- Veterans' group gets 'treasure trove' donation of war memorabilia