POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Spot the difference! Workmen replace memorial flagstone wrong way round
- Should number of councillors be cut from 60 to 40?
- Police draw a blank looking for parents of tragic little Alia - the baby found dumped in a plastic bag
- Gang pose as police officers and tie up brothers before stealing jewellery and cash
- UPDATED: Police raids discover cannabis farm worth £250,000 in two disused night clubs