POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Iconic Bolton department store Beales to close
- VIDEO: Watch the destructive power of Bolton robot starring in Robot Wars this weekend
- PICTURES: Bolton Wanderers football kits through the years
- Young sex attacker who abused same boy for seven years is jailed
- Teenager found guilty of holding social worker hostage at knifepoint