POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- REVEALED: Bolton Council’s former chief executive given £90,000 pay-off after just FIVE months' work
- 'Disgrace' — reaction to Paul Najsarek's £90,000 pay-off after quitting council chief executive role
- In the dock: 18 people who have appeared in court in Bolton
- Send us your prom party pictures
- Meet the youngster obsessed with ...vacuum cleaners