POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- JAILED: Robber who raided friend's store with 'axe-wielding maniac' imprisoned for 7 years
- iPhone app led victim to burglar after phone was stolen along with luxury cars in £100,000 raid
- Uninsured driver killed pet dog by running it over and dragging its body
- UPDATE - VIDEOS/GALLERY: Nigel Farage addresses crowds aboard the UKIP battle bus in Victoria Square
- Zimbabwean mum fighting to be re-united with children she left behind as she fled persecution