POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- REVEALED: Latest vision of £10 million theatre redevelopment
- Teenager jailed after stabbing stranger in Bolton town centre
- Detectives release image of men following break-in at family home
- National terror threat returned to severe
- College principal suspended