POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- VIDEO: Jury hears how sex attacker pulled down young mum's underwear as she pushed her two children in a buggy
- Elderly man dies in hospital after being hit by car
- GALLERY: Spot yourself in these school pictures from the 1990s
- Amir Khan's wife speaks out after attack on boxer's family on social media
- UPDATES: Tributes to stalwart Bolton Wanderers chef who has died