POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- UPDATED: Jail for voyeur who used spy camera to film primary school children in toilet
- 57 videos. 25 victims. Full extent of school spy camera pervert's crimes revealed
- Man 'strung up woman in makeshift gallows before raping her'
- Horwich residents baffled by 'nonsense' placement of zebra crossing posts
- Bank worker stole £6,000 from pensioner's account