Arson probe launched after Farnworth car blaze
POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Man charged with Deane hit-and-run
- Council had been warned to board up school hours before it was destroyed in mystery fire
- Bolton's 4 most wanted - July 23, 2014
- Former mayor of Westhoughton accused of stealing thousands from elderly father
- VIDEO: Deane pensioner robbery features on Crimewatch
Comments are closed on this article.