POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Fears pictures of schoolgirls still on website after shock discovery of photos taken up pupils' skirts
- Fans snap up £5 tickets for Wanderers home clash with Spireites
- VOTE: Choose your favourite Bolton pub from shortlist
- VIDEO: Vital care centre that's served community for 20 years faces axe due to council cuts
- Man taken to hospital after being hit by car