POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Bolton Council to spend £409,000 resurfacing 530-metre stretch of pothole-strewn Plodder Lane
- Hunt for man after 'disturbing' incident involving 16-year-old girl on train to Horwich
- PICTURED: Meet the little princes and princesses born in Bolton on the same day as the royal baby
- Two wanted suspects hand themselves in
- Headteacher calls on school funding to be made a top priority — and multinational companies to pay their fair share