Suspected armed robber rams police cars in chase through streets of Bolton
A SUSPECTED armed robber has been arrested after a car chase across Bolton.
Five police cars and helicopter pursued the man through Over Hulton, Bromley Cross and Bradshaw at about 6.15pm last night.
The 36-year-old man, from Salford, then attempted to ram two of the police cars with his silver Vauxhall Astra van before fleeing on foot in Folds Road, near Tonge Moor.
The man, who is wanted for a robbery in Preston, has now been been arrested and is in police custody for questioning.
He is wanted by Lancashire and Cleveland police.
Ch Insp Mark Dexter said: “This was an excellent arrest of a man who has been wanted for some time by police in connection a number of offences.
“He has used his vehicle to ram police cars in an attempt to escape before trying to flee on foot, proving he is a clear threat to the police service and wider public.
“Thankfully, due to the excellent work of officers from the intercept team on the ground - supported by NPAS (the police helicopter) - the man was arrested without major incident or serious harm to anyone."
- Bolton Food Festival will be "best yet" as it's opened by celebrity chef
- Stolen Breightmet vehicle used in jeweller ram raid
- Man in court on murder charge
- CBeebies star Katy Ashworth wows hundreds of children at Bolton Food and Drink Festival
- Speeding driver raced at 70mph and almost knocked down three people in police chase
Comments are closed on this article.