Many more are braced to evacuate in the coming days as weeks of heavy rainfall shows no signs of abating.
Hundreds of military personnel have been drafted in to help in the worst-affected areas of south west England and the home counties, as politicians and agencies get embroiled in a war of words prompted by residents' anger at a perceived lack of action.
About 400 weather warnings have been issued across England, with forecasters predicting further heavy rainfall on already-saturated ground.
There is no sign of flooding reaching Bolton, but the Met Office is warning of high winds across the North West tomorrow.
See the full gallery of flood pictures here.
The latest live weather information is available here.
- 'Little angel' with undetected heart condition died after contracting flu
- Surprising share hitch delays Ken Anderson takeover at Bolton Wanderers
- ASONS: The 10 questions that still need to be answered, say critics
- No building to take place on Hulton Park Estate if Ryder Cup bid is unsucessful - Peel Holdings
- Peter Kay invites 'lookalike' on stage during fundraiser for mum-of-three with cancer