Many more are braced to evacuate in the coming days as weeks of heavy rainfall shows no signs of abating.
Hundreds of military personnel have been drafted in to help in the worst-affected areas of south west England and the home counties, as politicians and agencies get embroiled in a war of words prompted by residents' anger at a perceived lack of action.
About 400 weather warnings have been issued across England, with forecasters predicting further heavy rainfall on already-saturated ground.
There is no sign of flooding reaching Bolton, but the Met Office is warning of high winds across the North West tomorrow.
See the full gallery of flood pictures here.
The latest live weather information is available here.
- Lightning hits Bolton and blows up television set
- Have you fallen victim to the latest phone scam? You might not even know
- NO GO: Council rejects plans for No Exit escape rooms game in town centre
- Is this the craziest weather EVER? Town wakes up to snow two days short of May
- GALLERY: Your snow photos - April 29, 2016