Many more are braced to evacuate in the coming days as weeks of heavy rainfall shows no signs of abating.
Hundreds of military personnel have been drafted in to help in the worst-affected areas of south west England and the home counties, as politicians and agencies get embroiled in a war of words prompted by residents' anger at a perceived lack of action.
About 400 weather warnings have been issued across England, with forecasters predicting further heavy rainfall on already-saturated ground.
There is no sign of flooding reaching Bolton, but the Met Office is warning of high winds across the North West tomorrow.
See the full gallery of flood pictures here.
The latest live weather information is available here.
- Former homeless soldier pins note to town centre shop thanking Bolton for its support
- Three-year-old girl taken to hospital after being hit by car
- Frustrated man kicked police officer in the groin after waiting too long at McDonald's
- Closing date of Bolton's BHS store confirmed
- Beautician who made nearly half a million pounds from cannabis farm told to pay back £113,000