Many more are braced to evacuate in the coming days as weeks of heavy rainfall shows no signs of abating.
Hundreds of military personnel have been drafted in to help in the worst-affected areas of south west England and the home counties, as politicians and agencies get embroiled in a war of words prompted by residents' anger at a perceived lack of action.
About 400 weather warnings have been issued across England, with forecasters predicting further heavy rainfall on already-saturated ground.
There is no sign of flooding reaching Bolton, but the Met Office is warning of high winds across the North West tomorrow.
See the full gallery of flood pictures here.
The latest live weather information is available here.
- After Dark nightclub must use plastic glasses and employ more bouncers after mass brawl and stabbing
- The Bolton road where three quarters of drivers are speeding
- Horwich council votes to reject plans for waste transfer facility on controversial loco works site
- Dog reunited with family after 2-and-a-half weeks missing
- 12-year-old boy on way to lights switch-on hit by double decker bus