Many more are braced to evacuate in the coming days as weeks of heavy rainfall shows no signs of abating.
Hundreds of military personnel have been drafted in to help in the worst-affected areas of south west England and the home counties, as politicians and agencies get embroiled in a war of words prompted by residents' anger at a perceived lack of action.
About 400 weather warnings have been issued across England, with forecasters predicting further heavy rainfall on already-saturated ground.
There is no sign of flooding reaching Bolton, but the Met Office is warning of high winds across the North West tomorrow.
See the full gallery of flood pictures here.
The latest live weather information is available here.
- Thornleigh Salesian College flooded after burst water main
- Two drivers taken to hospital after Walkden crash
- Husband raises £30,000 by completing THREE Ironman triathlons
- Confusing diversion signs send pub customers on five-mile wild goose chase
- Girl power! Tag team Evie and Grace are Bolton's youngest female wrestlers