Many more are braced to evacuate in the coming days as weeks of heavy rainfall shows no signs of abating.
Hundreds of military personnel have been drafted in to help in the worst-affected areas of south west England and the home counties, as politicians and agencies get embroiled in a war of words prompted by residents' anger at a perceived lack of action.
About 400 weather warnings have been issued across England, with forecasters predicting further heavy rainfall on already-saturated ground.
There is no sign of flooding reaching Bolton, but the Met Office is warning of high winds across the North West tomorrow.
See the full gallery of flood pictures here.
The latest live weather information is available here.
- PICTURES: 60+ images from Bolton Wanderers 2-0 away win at Shrewsbury Town
- Mums and grandmas pop in to school for special Mother’s Day celebration
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist knocked off bike in collision with car
- UPDATE: Missing 33-year-old woman found safe
- Lapdancing club manager calls on council to sort out town 'grot spot'