Many more are braced to evacuate in the coming days as weeks of heavy rainfall shows no signs of abating.
Hundreds of military personnel have been drafted in to help in the worst-affected areas of south west England and the home counties, as politicians and agencies get embroiled in a war of words prompted by residents' anger at a perceived lack of action.
About 400 weather warnings have been issued across England, with forecasters predicting further heavy rainfall on already-saturated ground.
There is no sign of flooding reaching Bolton, but the Met Office is warning of high winds across the North West tomorrow.
See the full gallery of flood pictures here.
The latest live weather information is available here.
- Woman's anger as ex-lover walks free from court over semi-naked photograph he took while she slept
- Specialist archery equipment include bow, arrows and bag stolen in burglary
- Bolton one of the luckiest places in the country to do the lottery — and that's official
- Greenhalghs boss in discussions to star in his own TV show after memorable This Morning appearance
- Bolton fan pledges to get rival club football tattoo if fundraising target is hit