A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Child hit by car in morning rush hour
- Pub landlord's plans for new town centre café and flats to help homeless
- Bid to build development of family homes on farmland blocked by council
- Family home transformed into winter wonderland
- Quietest police counter to close