A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Police search for missing 14-year-old girl
- Bolton's 4 Most Wanted - March 29, 2017
- Brawl erupts in dock as machete wielding thugs who attacked pensioner are found guilty
- Heartbreak as flood devastates restaurant just one day after it opened doors for first time
- UPDATED: Disappointment as town centre Pizza Express set to close