A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Building work on multi-million pound new faith school halted over playing fields row
- Plan to make extra 61,000 appointments at Bolton's 50 GP surgeries
- Woman dies after being stabbed in chest
- Church lays on Christmas feast for convicts who transformed grounds
- Amir Khan expresses sadness at school massacre