A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Man stabbed in street attack
- JAILED: Mum-of-3 who glassed woman at pub after incident between their children at BBQ
- Police warning as teenage girl dies after taking ecstasy
- Warning to dog walkers after lambs found seriously injured at farm
- Warburtons lorry fire closes motorway