A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Attempted robber slams woman's head into wall as he tries to snatch handbag
- Olympus chippy gets 1-star hygiene rating
- Serial shoplifter becomes first person in Bolton to get a CRIMBO
- Bank customers locked in after children's clothes cause 'suspicious package' alert
- Anger over plan for 300 'unnecessary' homes in Westhoughton