A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Hit and run outside town centre bar
- Bolton Food and Drink Festival is a real record breaker
- Record-breaking festival sees 250,000 people come to Bolton
- In the dock: 22 people who have appeared in court
- IN PICTURES: Olympic king Kenny is the sporting pride of Bolton