Atherton woman admits keeping cats in shed
2:41pm Thursday 13th February 2014 in News
A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- VIDEO: Car crashes into shop in Little Lever
- UPDATED: Third person arrested in Farnworth murder investigation
- UPDATED: Travellers set up camp in Radcliffe
- Suspected Halliwell brothel bosses appear in court
- Illegal workers arrested in raids at Bolton takeaways