A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- VIDEO: Fans at Bolton v Bury light up Gigg Lane in tribute to teenager Zak Vali who died from cancer
- 'Only a matter of time before someone is killed' — warning after yobs vandalise bridge safety mesh
- Family's horror as rock thrown through taxi window – narrowly missing 4-year-old’s head
- 25-year-old man wanted for recall to prison
- Streets of Bolton to double up as Oxford, Harrogate and Huddersfield for TV show filming