A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Petition to see Bolton recognised as part of Lancashire attracts 800 signatures
- UPDATED: Driver arrested after car ploughs into town centre pub
- Child sex cases up 21 per cent but problem being dealt with
- Landlord "lucky to be alive" after Land Rover smashes into Dog and Partridge pub
- Thug pushed past woman and stole money after she answered front door