A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- "I was speechless" - Parents of little Daisy Errington overwhelmed after community rallies to pay for 'funeral fit for a princess'
- GP surgery to close amid loss of six doctors and 'national crisis' in primary care
- Party host jailed for kicking gate-crasher in head and fracturing his skull
- Nightclub is 'entirely safe' says co-owner following asbestos related court case
- UPDATE: Teenage cricketer remains in critical condition after suffering brain haemorrhage during match