Atherton woman admits keeping cats in shed
2:41pm Thursday 13th February 2014 in News
A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Gang attacks babysitting grandad
- Pictured: the toddler who sparked a police alert when he fell asleep with the rabbits in a garden centre
- Cannabis farm found after toddler accidentally dials 999
- 'Only Phil Gartside had authority to sanction £300,000 payment'
- Bolton schools WILL be encouraged to fly union flag and sing national anthem