A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- UPDATED: 'Absolute legend' - tributes to man who died after house party in Harwood
- Thieves steal disabled boy's wheelchair
- £6.5 million revamp of Albert Halls is waste of money, say Tories
- Wife's tribute to RAF veteran killed in motorbike crash
- Commercial Feature: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan