A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- 'Vicious' thug who battered girlfriend jailed for 10 years
- Residents 'quarantined' after scabies outbreak at Bolton care home
- Binmen's special Christmas present for youngster who waves at them every day
- Work needs to be done to make 'unstable' quarry face safe
- Man released without charge after woman's stab death