A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Young cricketer hoping to step back onto the field a year after suffering brain haemorrhage during match
- VIDEO: Van bursts into flames near homes in Bolton
- Kind-hearted teen to help African schoolchildren
- Concerns about bowel screening among ethnic minorities
- PICTURES: Children leave the classroom to learn in the great outdoors