A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Toddler left with horrific burns after laptop charger catches fire
- In the dock: 10 people who have appeared in court
- UPDATED: Boy, 13, suffers head injury in collision on busy road
- Body of woman sought by police is found
- UPDATED: Two men charged with string of burglaries and car thefts