A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- School caretaker wins flag battle with Bolton at Home
- Rival hospitals form new alliance amid controversial health reforms
- Whites fan banned from watching football for racially abusing manager Dougie Freedman and two Wanderers stars
- 'Sickening' suicide watch mugs pulled from shelves at pound store
- UKIP deny fall out between Little Lever councillor and senior branch member