A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- GM Mayoral hopeful Ivan Lewis calls on Jeremy Corbyn to step down as Labour leader faces shadow cabinet revolt
- UPDATED: Car crashes in to house after colliding with another car in St Helens Road
- Senior Labour councillor signs 'no confidence in Jeremy Corbyn' petition, says many others share his view
- 3 million people sign petition calling for a new EU referendum
- Hero award nomination for nurse