A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- GP surgery to close amid loss of six doctors and 'national crisis' in primary care
- Outpouring of support for teenage cricketer, who remains in intensive care after suffering brain haemorrhage during match
- New book examines case of Bolton teenager strangled to death in Australia
- Party host jailed after kicking gate-crasher
- DOn't forget to enter the 2016 Bolton and Bury Business Awards