A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Geo-cacher with chest pains rescued from 'about the most remote location you can be'
- Rolex watch that was 84-year-old widower's wedding present is stolen in robbery
- Shoppers urged to 'save the NHS' by signing petition as part of MP's campaign
- Motorcycle duo fired double-barrelled sawn-off shotgun at bungalow in targeted attack
- Wanderers players surprise guests at club’s annual lifeline lottery party