A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Murder accused appears in court after body of Bolton grandfather found in reservoir
- Two men found dead in one day in Bolton
- GALLERY: Aerial photos of bygone Bolton
- Labour investigating council candidate after failure to disclose criminal convictions
- Bolton's 4 Most Wanted - May 4, 2016