A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- GCSE results day 2016 in Bolton
- Iconic jewellery store to close after nearly 150 years in Bolton
- Warning after man 'followed and chased' teenage girls in Bolton
- Man jailed for sexual assault of four-year-old girl
- Greater Manchester Police fails to record more than 38,000 crimes each year — including violent and sexual offences