A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Schoolgirl dies after contracting meningitis
- LIVE: Trees down and traffic chaos as Storm Doris hits
- PICTURES/ VIDEOS: Storm Doris batters Bolton
- RECAP: All the chaos from Storm Doris in Bolton
- Drunken mum who glassed woman in pub fails in bid to clear her name