A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- England water polo team coach who wrongly claimed disability benefit spared jail
- Bolton DJ's shocking account of Alton Towers rollercoaster crash
- Four Bolton men in court over plot to dodge £706,000 in cigarette duty
- Businessman furious over '£80 fine for 70p mistake' on morning train
- Taxi driver stripped of licence after allegedly punching customer in fare dispute