A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Former homeless soldier pins note to town centre shop thanking Bolton for its support
- Three-year-old girl taken to hospital after being hit by car
- Closing date of Bolton's BHS store confirmed
- Frustrated man kicked police officer in the groin after waiting too long at McDonald's
- Beautician who made nearly half a million pounds from cannabis farm told to pay back £113,000