A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Fears pictures of schoolgirls still on website after shock discovery of photos taken up pupils' skirts
- Fans snap up £5 tickets for Wanderers home clash with Spireites
- VOTE: Choose your favourite Bolton pub from shortlist
- VIDEO: Vital care centre that's served community for 20 years faces axe due to council cuts
- Man taken to hospital after being hit by car