A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- 'Hotwired' camper van smashes into pensioner's house
- UPDATED: Ted Robbins stable in hospital after collapsing on stage during opening night of Phoenix Nights Live
- Call to reopen axed NHS walk-in centre in Bolton town centre
- Adam is smitten - but Amy is still looking for love after her date on Take Me Out
- Conservative and UKIP 'two sides of the same coin', says Ed Balls on visit to Bolton