Atherton woman admits keeping cats in shed
2:41pm Thursday 13th February 2014 in News
A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Two people arrested in Farnworth murder probe
- Football fans remember Burnden Park disaster
- Probe after car set on fire in Daubhill
- Man talked down by relatives after threatening to jump onto M61 motorway
- Thieves cause £40,000 of damage at scrapyard