A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Thieves in overnight raid at Morrisons in Harwood
- Easter activities taking place across Bolton next bank holiday weekend
- Students hit the airwaves to produce radio advert
- Thai boxer pulls no punches as he delivers inspirational martial arts lessons
- Talented street photographer who was also keen cyclist captured in front of the camera