A woman beat up her girlfriend before trashing her living room, causing £800 of damage, a court was told.
After flying into a drunken rage, 28-year-old Kelly Moroole thumped Regina Mansah in the face and stomach several times.
During a prolonged attack, the victim was struck while she was holding Moroole’s 11-month-old daughter, said prosecutor Clare Byers.
Moroole, of Second Avenue, Bolton, was spared an immediate prison sentence because she is the sole carer of her child.
Giving a sentence of 18 weeks in prison, suspended for a year, District Judge Mark Hadfield said “What you did was dreadful.
“It was a sustained attack in which your partner was punched and dragged across the room”.
The judge ordered her to pay £250 compensation because of her limited means.
Mrs Byers said among the damage was a 42-inch television which Moroole had jumped on until it split in two.
Manchester and Salford Magistrates Court heard that Moroole had drunk a “significant” amount of lager.
“She is utterly ashamed and shocked by what she did. I understand the parties are no longer together”, said Elizabeth Sydall, defending.
- GCSE results day 2016 in Bolton
- Iconic jewellery store to close after nearly 150 years in Bolton
- Greater Manchester Police fails to record more than 38,000 crimes each year — including violent and sexual offences
- Man jailed for sexual assault of four-year-old girl
- History of iconic jewellers Prestons of Bolton