Drunken woman beat up girlfriend then smashed up 42-inch TV by jumping on it
12:54pm Monday 17th February 2014 in News
A woman beat up her girlfriend before trashing her living room, causing £800 of damage, a court was told.
After flying into a drunken rage, 28-year-old Kelly Moroole thumped Regina Mansah in the face and stomach several times.
During a prolonged attack, the victim was struck while she was holding Moroole’s 11-month-old daughter, said prosecutor Clare Byers.
Moroole, of Second Avenue, Bolton, was spared an immediate prison sentence because she is the sole carer of her child.
Giving a sentence of 18 weeks in prison, suspended for a year, District Judge Mark Hadfield said “What you did was dreadful.
“It was a sustained attack in which your partner was punched and dragged across the room”.
The judge ordered her to pay £250 compensation because of her limited means.
Mrs Byers said among the damage was a 42-inch television which Moroole had jumped on until it split in two.
Manchester and Salford Magistrates Court heard that Moroole had drunk a “significant” amount of lager.
“She is utterly ashamed and shocked by what she did. I understand the parties are no longer together”, said Elizabeth Sydall, defending.
- Police hail successful homophobic chant crackdown at Bolton Wanderers
- Smoking e-cigarettes banned by council and hospital
- 'Depraved' passenger jailed for sex act in front of schoolgirl on bus
- 'I self-harmed after I was raped - but now, with help and support, I am free'
- Road to be named after Bolton soldier who died in Iraq