A JURY has been sworn in the case of a man accused of raping a woman in Bolton town centre.
Seven women and five men heard Luke Entwistle, aged 28, of no fixed address, is charged with rape, perverting the course of justice and theft.
The rape is alleged to have taken place in the churchyard of Bolton Parish Church in Churchgate after the victim had been drinking in the town centre in the early hours of October 5 last year.
Recorder David Turner QC, addressing the jury, said: “Without going into much detail we haven’t made any progress.
“I have been asked would I put off starting the case until tomorrow.”
The trial at Bolton Crown Court, which is expected to last three days, was adjourned until today.
- 'Bring back Big Sam' petition launched by football fan
- X Factor hopeful Christian Burrows talks about rise to stardom
- Appeal after bike rapist attack
- Bolton Wanderers stars inspire pupils’ language learning
- Danger driver jailed after police chase