Ye Olde Man and Scythe 'ghost' enjoys banter with Samuel Crompton and Lord Leverhulme - on Twitter
BOLTON’S newest and spookiest celebrity, the “ghost” of Ye Olde Man and Scythe pub has joined social networking site Twitter.
CCTV footage from the pub in Churchgate, that appears to show a ghoulish figure appearing near to the bar in the early hours of the morning, was uploaded to youtube over the weekend, sparking an internet frenzy.
Now the “ghost” is capitalising on its new found fame by entering the twittersphere, where it is known as @ManScytheGhost.
One tweet read: “A few too many ciders in the man and scythe last night, my head would be killing if I had one.”
The spooky spectre also aimed some banter at famous faces from Bolton’s past including Samuel Crompton, inventor of the spinning mule and soap impresario Lord Leverhulme.
- UPDATED: Driver burned as car catches fire in Sainsbury's car park
- Former Wanderers star furious over tweet celebrating his wife's death
- Bolton Council accused of having "hidden agenda" in preferring application for Horwich Loco Works site
- Car crashes into phone box in Astley Bridge
- Reveller left with brain haemorrhage after attack in Bolton town centre bar
Comments are closed on this article.