BOLTON’S newest and spookiest celebrity, the “ghost” of Ye Olde Man and Scythe pub has joined social networking site Twitter.
CCTV footage from the pub in Churchgate, that appears to show a ghoulish figure appearing near to the bar in the early hours of the morning, was uploaded to youtube over the weekend, sparking an internet frenzy.
Now the “ghost” is capitalising on its new found fame by entering the twittersphere, where it is known as @ManScytheGhost.
One tweet read: “A few too many ciders in the man and scythe last night, my head would be killing if I had one.”
The spooky spectre also aimed some banter at famous faces from Bolton’s past including Samuel Crompton, inventor of the spinning mule and soap impresario Lord Leverhulme.
- Police investigating after Bolton referee Mark Halsey subjected to vile online abuse
- Race hate crime committed nearly every day last year - but Bolton is 'no more racist than anywhere else', say police
- 27-year-old man arrested on suspicion of arson attack at house where elderly couple were sleeping
- Named: The best 5 pubs in Bolton, according to CAMRA
- 'Modern buildings look terrible' - Campaigner launches petition against university's plan to build £40 million student village next to historic Le Mans Crescent