BOLTON’S newest and spookiest celebrity, the “ghost” of Ye Olde Man and Scythe pub has joined social networking site Twitter.
CCTV footage from the pub in Churchgate, that appears to show a ghoulish figure appearing near to the bar in the early hours of the morning, was uploaded to youtube over the weekend, sparking an internet frenzy.
Now the “ghost” is capitalising on its new found fame by entering the twittersphere, where it is known as @ManScytheGhost.
One tweet read: “A few too many ciders in the man and scythe last night, my head would be killing if I had one.”
The spooky spectre also aimed some banter at famous faces from Bolton’s past including Samuel Crompton, inventor of the spinning mule and soap impresario Lord Leverhulme.
- £33.2 million: The amount staked on "dangerously addictive" betting machines in Bolton
- Businessman fined after dumping rubbish including a toilet basin in a residential area
- Sawn-off shotgun found in Haslam Park last week was discovered by two schoolboys
- Police appeal to trace next of kin of Bolton man
- Harwood mum left mute by 'horrific' form of dementia dies