BOLTON’S newest and spookiest celebrity, the “ghost” of Ye Olde Man and Scythe pub has joined social networking site Twitter.
CCTV footage from the pub in Churchgate, that appears to show a ghoulish figure appearing near to the bar in the early hours of the morning, was uploaded to youtube over the weekend, sparking an internet frenzy.
Now the “ghost” is capitalising on its new found fame by entering the twittersphere, where it is known as @ManScytheGhost.
One tweet read: “A few too many ciders in the man and scythe last night, my head would be killing if I had one.”
The spooky spectre also aimed some banter at famous faces from Bolton’s past including Samuel Crompton, inventor of the spinning mule and soap impresario Lord Leverhulme.
- Slim Bins: Council urges householders to convert big grey bins into 'water butts'
- Mum's search for mystery marathon man who brightened up son's life before he died, aged 11
- Bolton Pride organisers plan parade through town — but need £3,000 to make it happen
- Former mayor claims he cleared his dad's account to avoid care fees
- 'It's my last hurrah' - Blind man to take on solo 900 mile walk for charity