BOLTON’S newest and spookiest celebrity, the “ghost” of Ye Olde Man and Scythe pub has joined social networking site Twitter.
CCTV footage from the pub in Churchgate, that appears to show a ghoulish figure appearing near to the bar in the early hours of the morning, was uploaded to youtube over the weekend, sparking an internet frenzy.
Now the “ghost” is capitalising on its new found fame by entering the twittersphere, where it is known as @ManScytheGhost.
One tweet read: “A few too many ciders in the man and scythe last night, my head would be killing if I had one.”
The spooky spectre also aimed some banter at famous faces from Bolton’s past including Samuel Crompton, inventor of the spinning mule and soap impresario Lord Leverhulme.
- Devastated family praying teenager hurt in Moss Bank Way crash pulls through
- Man whose reversing lorry killed father-of-two tells of his upset
- Family pass on their heartfelt thanks to bus driver
- 95-year-old praises teenager who helped him take his shopping home
- 'My Parkinson's disease won't stop me completing Great Manchester Run'