BOLTON’S newest and spookiest celebrity, the “ghost” of Ye Olde Man and Scythe pub has joined social networking site Twitter.
CCTV footage from the pub in Churchgate, that appears to show a ghoulish figure appearing near to the bar in the early hours of the morning, was uploaded to youtube over the weekend, sparking an internet frenzy.
Now the “ghost” is capitalising on its new found fame by entering the twittersphere, where it is known as @ManScytheGhost.
One tweet read: “A few too many ciders in the man and scythe last night, my head would be killing if I had one.”
The spooky spectre also aimed some banter at famous faces from Bolton’s past including Samuel Crompton, inventor of the spinning mule and soap impresario Lord Leverhulme.
- Young musicians kick off Bolton Music Centre Presents 2017
- UPDATED NEW PICTURES: Famous TV actress filming in Bolton town centre
- Fears pictures of schoolgirls still on website after shock discovery of photos taken up pupils' skirts
- Fans snap up £5 tickets for Wanderers home clash with Spireites
- VOTE: Choose your favourite Bolton pub from shortlist