FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- Spate of stolen cars being dumped and set alight after firefighters tackle three blazes in single night
- Big stadium celebration for Khan couple
- Geo-cacher with chest pains rescued from 'about the most remote location you can be'
- Rolex watch that was 84-year-old widower's wedding present is stolen in robbery
- Shoppers urged to 'save the NHS' by signing petition as part of MP's campaign