FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- WATCH: Shocking footage shows car smashing into central reservation
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Complaint after council boss filmed saying ‘Who ate all the pies?’ at public meeting
- Well known former pub will open as convenience store this week
- Tributes pour in for much-loved former school headteacher
- 'Please pass on this message to all your friends and neighbours' — former cop’s burglary warning