FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- Tributes to former Canon Slade pupil who died after collapsing on holiday
- Never in doubt : Why Bolton was always heading for Brexit vote
- PICTURES: Farnworth employer with indoor slide named one of top firms to work for in Europe
- EU Referendum: All the reaction to the UK's decision to leave the EU
- Park Cakes boosted by multi million pound funding deal