Dad due home after Tenerife stag do accident
12:23pm Friday 21st February 2014 in News
FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- Murder investigation launched after man's body found in Farnworth house
- Pictured: Children all over Bolton dress up for World Book Day
- Teenager is 10th person jailed for massive Bolton drug dealing operation
- One lane of M61 closed after two-vehicle crash
- Man accused of attempting to murder Bolton woman