FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- FIVE children from same family subject to court orders to prevent female genital mutilation
- New businesses in talks to move into town centre following closure of flagship store Beales
- Power cut hits more than 1,600 buildings
- Town honours war heroes as renovated memorial is re-dedicated
- Musician hits the right note to graduate with first class degree