FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- UPDATE: Heavily pregnant mother threatened at gunpoint during Burger King robberies spree
- Neighbours' shared interest in drugs led to joint venture cannabis farm
- Council slammed for withdrawing objection to controversial 300-house plan
- VIDEOS/GALLERY: Hundreds of bikers say goodbye at funeral of late motorcycle ace Malachi Mitchell-Thomas
- EU referendum - How will you vote?