FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- Rush hour pile up leads to delays for commuters near town centre
- VIDEO: Plumes of smoke above Bolton as fire breaks out
- Motorway closed after three car pile-up
- Takeaway misses out on being named best in North West
- 'Little angel' with undetected heart condition died after contracting flu