FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- Scotland votes 'no' on independence
- 'Do you have a dog?' Wife left distraught as 111 call centre staff ask 'inane questions' while her husband fights for his life
- Model pupil died from 'misadventure' - inquest
- Child sexual exploitation 'is still a hidden problem', say police
- Tributes to 'popular' great-grandmother who has died aged 100