FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- Child sex cases up 21 per cent but problem being dealt with
- Landlord "lucky to be alive" after Land Rover smashes into Dog and Partridge pub
- Former Blackrod Mayor warns of dangers of anti-anxiety drug reliance
- Charity helps more than 300 adults with skills and training
- Wicked witch to be burnt at the stake during Halloween and bonfire fun