FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- Strong winds and rain damage schools and buildings
- Woman stabbed man with kitchen knife after he refused to lend her £20
- Cousin of exiled Bolton Iraqi journalist reportedly captured by ISIS
- Thief saws brass handles off front door of town centre hair salon
- Fire at welding company in Tonge Bridge industrial estate