Dad due home after Tenerife stag do accident
12:23pm Friday 21st February 2014 in News
FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- UPDATE: Road re-opened after teenage girl airlifted to hospital following crash
- Disabled and elderly bus passengers to be hit by cuts
- Claims Amir Khan's wife has confronted women who allege they have had an affair with the boxing star
- Car parking costs set to rise at the Royal Bolton Hospital
- Mother slapped baby and dropped him on the floor, court hears
Comments are closed on this article.