FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- Golden couple Jason Kenny and Laura Trott marry in secret
- Plans submitted to create new modern library in Little Lever
- Bolton MP Chris Green in Canada for military fact-finding mission
- PICTURES: 90 images from the Bolton Pride Weekend 2016
- Jeremy Corbyn comfortably re-elected as leader of the Labour party