FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- Missing boy and girl from Bolton sought by police
- Champion fell runner suffers fractured spine after being hit by car while training for her latest race
- Five boys excluded from school after fight that was filmed and shared on social media
- Man charged after woman stabbed in street
- VIDEO: It is almost May - but SNOW has been falling in Bolton