FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- PICTURES: Rio birds fly in for retail park's final summer of sport day
- 'Please find who did this to my dad' - 13-year-old daughter's plea to find attackers who left father in coma
- Race hate graffiti condemned as vandals target top-rated Indian restaurant
- UK's biggest lighting firm to launch country's largest superstore in Bolton next month
- Council pledges to protect Bolton's green spaces following 7,000 homes proposal