FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- UPDATE: Seen a lot of police in the town centre this morning? This is why
- VIDEO/UPDATE: Knife held to woman's throat during attempted rape
- UPDATE 5.55pm: Man who fell through roof during break-in attempt is in a coma
- 'Suspicious' - Arson fears after crews battle THREE grassland fires in 1 night
- 5 arrests after flare causes '£2,000 worth of damage to bus' following Wanderers match