Dad due home after Tenerife stag do accident
12:23pm Friday 21st February 2014 in News
FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- Friends and family pay respects at funeral of tragic hanged teenager Aleysha Rothwell
- Trusted Prestons employee 'stole £30,000 from jeweller'
- Homeless man missing for a month after walking out of Royal Bolton Hospital
- UPDATED: Car park cabin destroyed in arson attack
- 15-year-old girl 'was raped while she played on XBox'
Comments are closed on this article.