FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- UPDATED: Man plunges to his death down lift shaft
- Turkey holiday death dad could have been hit-and-run victim
- Police investigate councillor at centre of late tax payment row
- Thieves break into RSPCA charity shop 3 times
- Hundreds take part in Bolton's first colour run