FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- WANTED: E-fit of man who sexually assaulted 14-year-old girl in Leverhulme Park
- Pensioner admits stealing £130,000 from Conservative club
- Parents blast school and council for not telling them about paedophile caretaker
- 3 arrested as drugs, guns and cash seized in farm raid
- 4 arrested after street shootings