FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- VIDEO: Barn owl reunited with its owner after flying into Bolton flat
- Peter Kay's new show Car Share could be given second series after viewing figures success
- Kittens found abandoned and crying in sodden cardboard box
- Cannabis user 'swapped drugs with friends so he could get different strains'
- New £30,000 mobile skate park to be unveiled in Bolton on Tuesday