FAMILY and friends of a man injured on a stag weekend in Tenerife are hoping he will be home in the next few days.
An appeal was launched after Andy Openshaw fractured his skull and his family were told they would need £30,000 to pay for an air ambulance to fly him home.
Although the 31-year-old from Leigh has travel insurance, it will only cover his medical costs and not pay for an air ambulance to get him back to the UK.
In just over a week, the Help Get Andy Home appeal has reached nearly £28,000.
- UPDATED: Hundreds evacuated after fire at Vogue nightclub on Mad Friday
- On the run: Man who raped 15-year-old girl at knifepoint after meeting her in Bolton park
- Tulisa the turkey saved from Christmas dinner table
- Mad Friday in Bolton town centre
- UPDATED: Huge cannabis farm worth up to £1 million found in Great Lever