A CAR smashed into the Lidl supermarket in Farnworth this morning after the driver had fallen ill at the wheel.
At about 7.45am a silver Vauxhall Vectra ploughed into the side wall of the supermarket's car park in Albert Road.
It is understood that the driver, a man in his 40s, who has since been taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital, had fallen ill at the wheel prior to the accident.
A North West Ambulance Service spokesman said: "At about 7.40am we received a call and send a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance to Albert Road.
"We took a male, in his 40s, to the Royal Bolton Hospital."
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
- Ex-restaurant owner pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teenage girls
- Bypass ‘a step in right direction for town’
- WARNING: Residents urged to be vigilant after spate of vehicle crime
- MP pays tribute to ‘brave’ police officer she chatted to hours before he was killed in London terror attack
- Stars revealed for this year's panto at the Macron — oh yes they are!