A CAR smashed into the Lidl supermarket in Farnworth this morning after the driver had fallen ill at the wheel.
At about 7.45am a silver Vauxhall Vectra ploughed into the side wall of the supermarket's car park in Albert Road.
It is understood that the driver, a man in his 40s, who has since been taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital, had fallen ill at the wheel prior to the accident.
A North West Ambulance Service spokesman said: "At about 7.40am we received a call and send a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance to Albert Road.
"We took a male, in his 40s, to the Royal Bolton Hospital."
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
- Dad describes savage attack that left him with life-changing head injuries
- Victim of fatal flat fire 'complained about malfunctioning gas fire' — inquest hears
- Animal porn DVD man given community sentence after being caught scratching himself in park
- Property firm pleads guilty to health and safety law breach after death of lift fall man
- Funeral of Bolton folk singer and Phoenix Nights actor Bob Williamson