Car crashes into Farnworth Lidl after driver falls ill at wheel
A CAR smashed into the Lidl supermarket in Farnworth this morning after the driver had fallen ill at the wheel.
At about 7.45am a silver Vauxhall Vectra ploughed into the side wall of the supermarket's car park in Albert Road.
It is understood that the driver, a man in his 40s, who has since been taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital, had fallen ill at the wheel prior to the accident.
A North West Ambulance Service spokesman said: "At about 7.40am we received a call and send a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance to Albert Road.
"We took a male, in his 40s, to the Royal Bolton Hospital."
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
- Man charged with murder after woman's body found in garden
- Warning as Bolton population predicted to hit 300,000 in 20 years
- VIDEO: Wanted samurai sword suspect is minor celebrity in Hungary
- Bolton 20mph speed limit plan delayed by cash shortage
- 20mph speed limits are a waste of time, say Smithills residents
Comments are closed on this article.