A CAR smashed into the Lidl supermarket in Farnworth this morning after the driver had fallen ill at the wheel.
At about 7.45am a silver Vauxhall Vectra ploughed into the side wall of the supermarket's car park in Albert Road.
It is understood that the driver, a man in his 40s, who has since been taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital, had fallen ill at the wheel prior to the accident.
A North West Ambulance Service spokesman said: "At about 7.40am we received a call and send a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance to Albert Road.
"We took a male, in his 40s, to the Royal Bolton Hospital."
Police are not treating the incident as suspicious.
- Spate of stolen cars being dumped and set alight after firefighters tackle three blazes in single night
- Big stadium celebration for Khan couple
- Geo-cacher with chest pains rescued from 'about the most remote location you can be'
- Rolex watch that was 84-year-old widower's wedding present is stolen in robbery
- Shoppers urged to 'save the NHS' by signing petition as part of MP's campaign