Bus passenger accused of grabbing steering wheel and punching driver
A BUS passenger has appeared in court accused of causing a danger to road users by grabbing the vehicle’s steering wheel.
Appearing at Bolton Magistrates Court, Daniel Holden, aged 37, of Lynton Road, Morris Green, pleaded not guilty to interfering with the late night bus and assaulting the driver Nathan Dodd.
The Scania double decker bus was operating between Manchester and Bolton as a replacement for the train service from the city on February 2.
A trial will take place at the magistrates court on May 13.
In the meantime District Judge James Prowse granted Holden unconditional bail.
- VIDEO: Car crashes into shop in Little Lever
- UPDATED: Third person arrested in Farnworth murder investigation
- UPDATED: Travellers set up camp in Radcliffe
- Suspected Halliwell brothel bosses appear in court
- Illegal workers arrested in raids at Bolton takeaways