Bus passenger accused of grabbing steering wheel and punching driver
A BUS passenger has appeared in court accused of causing a danger to road users by grabbing the vehicle’s steering wheel.
Appearing at Bolton Magistrates Court, Daniel Holden, aged 37, of Lynton Road, Morris Green, pleaded not guilty to interfering with the late night bus and assaulting the driver Nathan Dodd.
The Scania double decker bus was operating between Manchester and Bolton as a replacement for the train service from the city on February 2.
A trial will take place at the magistrates court on May 13.
In the meantime District Judge James Prowse granted Holden unconditional bail.
- Two Bolton councillors who failed to pay their council tax cannot be named because it will 'cause them distress' and 'infringe their human rights'
- Great Lever chippy improves its hygiene rating from zero... to one
- Queen band ready to rock you
- Sounds of R.E.M. at gig in Bromley Cross
- Funny start to the season for theatre group