Revealed: Bolton's worst ever romantic gifts
Updated 1:29pm Thursday 6th March 2014 in News
A SHOPPER has won a competition to find the worst romantic gift in Bolton - with a Barry Manilow cake.
Mother-of-two, Judith Owen, from Westhoughton, won the competition run by the Market Place shopping centre after her husband gave her a cake decorated with the face of the cheesy crooner.
Other entries in the competition included:
- An egg poacher
- A skip to clear the garden
- A six-month subscription to Slimming World
- A packet of seeds
- A portable television that fell off the wall and ruined part of the house
Mrs Owen, a civil servant, said: “It was one of the more unusual presents I had received from Kevin to be honest.
“Luckily I saw the funny side and we’ve laughed lots since.”
The couple, who have been married for 28 years, were rewarded with an overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel, his and hers matching fragrances from The Perfume Shop, Db3 clothing vouchers, a makeover at Debenhams and a white gold pendant from Lauren Ashley Jewellers.
Mrs Owen said: “It was such a delight to win this competition, I didn’t expect to win so many prizes, let alone win at all. I was made to feel very special.”
- Woman found hanged in Breightmet
- 'Prat' jailed for mowing down police officer in Bolton town centre
- Council investigates security breach after 'corrupt' banner draped on town hall
- Little Lever UKIP councillor 'regrets' sexist joke on Facebook
- Councillors agree to consider introducing new young persons' award
Comments are closed on this article.