BOLTON is set to bask in a spring heatwave as experts say temperatures may rocket up to 18C by next week.
The balmy conditions are nearly double the average temperatures for the North West at this time of year.
Conditions have improved over the past week, but temperatures have remained quite low despite longer periods of sunshine.
Some rainy weather could persist until the weekend, but temperatures will be considerably warmer on Saturday and Sunday.
The 9.8C average temperature for March is set to be dwarfed by the high of 18C forecast for next Thursday.
A Met Office spokesman said a good start to March was forecast, with higher than average temperatures for the North West.
Temperatures could reach 16C as early as Monday, with next week set to bring sustained sunny and dry weather.
After a mild night on Wednesday, the showers are expected to return on Thursday and Friday.
The latest live weather information is available here.
- Police appeal for witnesses after man suffered serious head injury in town centre
- VIDEO: Jury hears how sex attacker pulled down young mum's underwear as she pushed her two children in a buggy
- VIDEO: Driver and passengers escape injury after car smashes into Belisha beacons on traffic island
- Amir Khan's wife speaks out after attack on boxer's family on social media
- Hundreds of residents turn out to hear plans for controversial housing schemes