BOLTON is set to bask in a spring heatwave as experts say temperatures may rocket up to 18C by next week.
The balmy conditions are nearly double the average temperatures for the North West at this time of year.
Conditions have improved over the past week, but temperatures have remained quite low despite longer periods of sunshine.
Some rainy weather could persist until the weekend, but temperatures will be considerably warmer on Saturday and Sunday.
The 9.8C average temperature for March is set to be dwarfed by the high of 18C forecast for next Thursday.
A Met Office spokesman said a good start to March was forecast, with higher than average temperatures for the North West.
Temperatures could reach 16C as early as Monday, with next week set to bring sustained sunny and dry weather.
After a mild night on Wednesday, the showers are expected to return on Thursday and Friday.
The latest live weather information is available here.
- Public-sector workers urged to snub latest pay-rise offer
- UPDATED: Driver suffers 'signficant' injuries after lorry blown over on M61 as Hurricane Gonzalo sweeps through Bolton
- Bolton Council set to lose £5 million in unpaid council tax
- 'Chemical attack' on town hall as firefighters in protective suits carry out drill in centre of Bolton
- Second dog rescued from Greece and brought to Bolton after being left for dead on the street