BOLTON is set to bask in a spring heatwave as experts say temperatures may rocket up to 18C by next week.
The balmy conditions are nearly double the average temperatures for the North West at this time of year.
Conditions have improved over the past week, but temperatures have remained quite low despite longer periods of sunshine.
Some rainy weather could persist until the weekend, but temperatures will be considerably warmer on Saturday and Sunday.
The 9.8C average temperature for March is set to be dwarfed by the high of 18C forecast for next Thursday.
A Met Office spokesman said a good start to March was forecast, with higher than average temperatures for the North West.
Temperatures could reach 16C as early as Monday, with next week set to bring sustained sunny and dry weather.
After a mild night on Wednesday, the showers are expected to return on Thursday and Friday.
The latest live weather information is available here.
- Former mayor must wear electronic tag after defrauding his elderly father
- Brawl erupts in dock as machete wielding thugs who attacked pensioner are found guilty
- Heartbreak as flood devastates restaurant just one day after it opened doors for first time
- Unions condemn 'derisory' 1 per cent pay rise for health workers
- PICTURES: Glimpse inside new £10m leisure centre