House fire after cigarette left on mattress
A fire broke out after a discarded cigarette was left on a mattress at a house in Ribblesdale Road this afternoon.
No-one was in the property at the time, and a crew from Bolton fire station quickly attended to put the blaze out at around 2pm.
The blaze was limited to the mattress which was in the living room of the house, and did not spread any further into the property, with the house being limited to smoke damage.
Police and an ambulance also attended, but were not required once it had been confirmed that there was no-one inside the house.
Watch commander Neil Mercer said firefighters would attend houses on the road tomorrow to offer fire safety advice.
Comments are closed on this article.