Two people arrested in Farnworth murder probe
Updated 10:19am Monday 10th March 2014 in News
TWO people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a father-of-one was found dead in his home.
A 27-year-old man and a 63-year-old woman from Farnworth are now in custody for questioning.
Police were called to a house in Kildare Street at 4.30pm on Wednesday after a report that a man's body had been found.
Post mortem tests showed that 40-year-old Marc Jepson died from "asphyxiation".
Detectives launched a murder investigation and are continuing to appeal for witnesses.
Det Supt Robert Tonge, from the police's major incident team, said: "The fact we have made these arrests does not mean the investigation has come to a close.
"The inquiry will continue for some time and we are continuing to appeal for witnesses."
- Man fighting for life after he is found in street with serious head injury
- Special school blighted by 'drug-using yobs who vandalise, urinate and climb on building'
- Reveller left with brain haemorrhage after attack in Bolton town centre bar
- UPDATED: Delays and cancellations due to broken-down train near Bolton
- Check out this Farnworth gardener's award-winning display at the Tatton Flower Show
Comments are closed on this article.