TWO people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a father-of-one was found dead in his home.
A 27-year-old man and a 63-year-old woman from Farnworth are now in custody for questioning.
Police were called to a house in Kildare Street at 4.30pm on Wednesday after a report that a man's body had been found.
Post mortem tests showed that 40-year-old Marc Jepson died from "asphyxiation".
Detectives launched a murder investigation and are continuing to appeal for witnesses.
Det Supt Robert Tonge, from the police's major incident team, said: "The fact we have made these arrests does not mean the investigation has come to a close.
"The inquiry will continue for some time and we are continuing to appeal for witnesses."
- Race hate crime committed nearly every day last year - but Bolton is 'no more racist than anywhere else', say police
- Named: The best 5 pubs in Bolton, according to CAMRA
- 'Modern buildings look terrible' - Campaigner launches petition against university's plan to build £40 million student village next to historic Le Mans Crescent
- UPDATED: Driver suffers 'life changing' injuries in 'high speed' car crash
- Peter Kay's new TV show Car Share is quite a departure from his other work