TWO people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a father-of-one was found dead in his home.
A 27-year-old man and a 63-year-old woman from Farnworth are now in custody for questioning.
Police were called to a house in Kildare Street at 4.30pm on Wednesday after a report that a man's body had been found.
Post mortem tests showed that 40-year-old Marc Jepson died from "asphyxiation".
Detectives launched a murder investigation and are continuing to appeal for witnesses.
Det Supt Robert Tonge, from the police's major incident team, said: "The fact we have made these arrests does not mean the investigation has come to a close.
"The inquiry will continue for some time and we are continuing to appeal for witnesses."
- Fire at football club being treated as arson, police confirm
- INQUEST: Death of budding young police officer could have been avoided if motorway had been lit
- UPDATED/ PICTURES: Fire at football ground after 'arson attack'
- Pedestrian critically injured after being hit by car
- Anger at ‘mindless’ fly-tipping in beauty spot