TWO people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a father-of-one was found dead in his home.
A 27-year-old man and a 63-year-old woman from Farnworth are now in custody for questioning.
Police were called to a house in Kildare Street at 4.30pm on Wednesday after a report that a man's body had been found.
Post mortem tests showed that 40-year-old Marc Jepson died from "asphyxiation".
Detectives launched a murder investigation and are continuing to appeal for witnesses.
Det Supt Robert Tonge, from the police's major incident team, said: "The fact we have made these arrests does not mean the investigation has come to a close.
"The inquiry will continue for some time and we are continuing to appeal for witnesses."
- GALLERY: Hundreds of bikers say goodbye at funeral of late motorcycle ace Malachi Mitchell-Thomas
- PICTURES: Convertible driver 'could have been crushed' by out of control car that rode up bonnet and was launched into air
- 'I feel betrayed' - Elderly woman's sadness after carer steals and pawns engagement ring for £25
- Bolton place name makes list of UK's funniest - Can you guess where it is?
- New adventure play area and 18-hole crazy golf course taking shape at Market Place Shopping Centre