A THIRD person has been arrested after the murder of Marc Jepson in Farnworth last week.
Police investigating Mr Jepson's death have now arrested a 41-year-old woman from Farnworth on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.
Her arrest follows that of a 27-year-old man and a 63-year-old woman, who were both arrested on suspicion of murder over the weekend.
All three are still in police custody.
Post mortem examination revealed that Mr Jepson died from "asphyxiation", police said.
Police were today searching a home in Elton Avenue, Farnworth, afternoon as part of their investigations.
It is not known whether any of the arrests were at that address.
The house has been taped off by police and witnesses said forensic experts were seen going in and out of the area all day.
- Drug dealer tried to escape police in high-speed chase with three-week-old baby on back seat
- Police bid to close troubled pub where two people suffered stab wounds and staff 'failed to ring 999'
- Bolton businessman investigated by counter terror officers alongside leader of Pakistani political party
- Vision for town centre play area revealed
- Stalker, 68, had name of vulnerable schoolgirl he wanted to marry tattooed on his arm