A MAN accused of murdering Farnworth dad Marc Jepson has appeared before Bolton magistrates.
Carl Hodgkiss, aged 28, of Elton Avenue, Farnworth, has been charged with the murder of Mr Jepson, who would have celebrated his 41st birthday today.
Hodgkiss, wearing glasses and dressed in a baggy blue jumper, spoke only to confirm his address and date of birth.
He is in custody and his next court appearance will be at Manchester Crown Court on Friday March 14.
Irene Hodgkiss, aged 63, of Firwood Avenue, Farnworth, also appeared before magistrates today, charged with assisting an offender.
Miss Hodkiss, dressed in a grey hoody and a black t-shirt stood in court where she was told that she would not be granted bail.
She was remanded in custody and her next court appearance will be at Manchester Crown Court on Friday March 14.
Neither defendant entered a plea.
A 41-year-old woman who was arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder has been bailed until June 3 while police investigate.
Dad-of-two Marc Jepson was found dead by police last Wednesday.
- Optometrist banned for making sexual remarks to female customer — then trying to bribe her to drop the case
- UPDATE: Man appears in court charged with perverting course of justice, after body of missing Victoria Cherry is found
- Furniture store set to close after 44 years
- REVEALED: Jobs could go at £300,000 grant firm Asons
- PICTURES: Young entrepreneur's new £200,000 American-themed burger bar