THE boss of a Bolton butchery super shop has vowed there will never be a repeat of the “silly human error” which resulted in a zero rating from the town’s food hygiene inspection team.
Wayne Walker Quality Meat Sales in Bradshawgate received the 0 out of a possible five score from Bolton Council’s officers on October 28 last year.
It was issued because the same piece of equipment was used for both raw and ready-to-eat food.
A council spokesman said: “Under the Food Standards Agency guidance, such equipment cannot safely be used for both raw and cooked foods.
“Wayne Walker Meats voluntarily agreed to immediately cease using the equipment for ready-to-eat food and disposed of the food it had been in contact with.
“A recall notice for food which was at risk of contamination was displayed in the shop and on the website.
“The premises was visited again subsequently to confirm that separate equipment was in use. A further hygiene inspection is due shortly.”
Ian Wallbanks, general manager of Wayne Walker, which also has an outlet in Stoke, said the breach had been “a simple silly human error”.
He added: “The person concerned used the same machine for cooked and raw products, which is just bad practice,” he said.
- Probe as thug launches frenzied knife attack on girlfriend the day after he is released by police
- Man breaks foot jumping from first floor of Tonge Moor Road house
- Reservoir flood warning letters sent out - even though water levels are low
- 3,000 sign petition demanding Ofcom investigation into Helen Wood's Big Brother win
- Peter Kay to bring back hit comedy Phoenix Nights
“We have done everything the environmental health team suggested and the member of staff was severely reprimanded, and we have put in place staff training to make sure it never happens again.
“We have only been open in Bolton for 12 months in this was clearly a teething problem.
“We have invested £1.2 million to the premises in Bolton and we are serious about our commitment to supplying high quality product to the people of the town.
“I look forward to the next visit from the council’s environmental health team.”