FIRE crews had to intervene when a machine at a Tonge Moor window manufacturer caught fire this morning.
A machine that melts glue caught fire at about 5.25am at Martindale’s in Union Road.
The blaze caused some minor smoke damage to the rest of the factory but the fire was mostly isolated to the machine.
A member of staff had managed to subdue the fire considerably with an extinguisher before firefighters arrived.
Nobody was injured in the fire and it is thought that the factory will not be forced to cease production.