Incense warning after house fire in Boothstown

Incense warning after house fire

Incense warning after house fire

First published in News

FIREFIGHTERS are urging people to take care with candles and incense sticks after a fire tore through a five-bedroom house.

Crews were called to the detached house in Fellfoot Close, Boothstown, at 1.35pm on Monday.

Watch Manager Steve Coote said: “Sadly an incense stick left burning on a cabinet on the landing seems to have caused this fire, which ripped through the upstairs of the house.

“Thankfully, no one was inside and a working smoke alarm raised the alarm but this was a slow burn fire and it was incredibly hot.

“I'd urge people to please take care when using incense.”

For a free safety check, which may include installation of alarms, ring 0800 555 815.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree