Unemployment in Bolton at its lowest in five years

Unemployment in Bolton at its lowest in five years

Unemployment in Bolton at its lowest in five years

Esther McVey

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , politics reporter

UNEMPLOYMENT in Bolton is at a five-year low, according to new government figures.

There are now 6,810 people, equivalent to 3.9 per cent of Bolton residents, claiming job seekers allowance (JSA) in Bolton — the lowest since January 2009.

Almost a quarter of claimants are aged 18 to 24, compared with 31 per cent in March 2012.

The data, released by the Office of National Statistics, has been hailed by the Department for Work and Pensions which says it is a sign that austerity measures are working.

But Bolton West MP Julie Hilling said while the news was welcome, the figures should be treated with caution as they include people who have been sanctioned from JSA, or are no longer in receipt of disability allowance.

She said: “It’s always good news when unemployment goes down, however, I am concerned that unpaid jobs are included in the new jobs, as are zero hour contracts and part-time work.

“So as long as people have got work that enables them to pay their bills, then it’s a good thing.

“But we already know that a third of people using food banks are in work. I am pushing the government to keep records of what these jobs actually are.”

Unemployment peaked in February 2013, when more than 8,800 people were forced to sign on.

Christian Spence, head of business intelligence at Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, said it was encouraging to see wages also begining to rise as the economy recovers.

He added: “The outlook is positive but there are areas where work must continue, particularly in supporting young people and those furthest from the labour market into work so that as large a portion of the labour force can benefit from the strong economic recovery.”

Minister for employment Esther McVey said: “As the recovery takes hold, more people are able to get a job or set up their own business and become the employers of tomorrow.

“Each and every person who has made a new start or hired someone new is helping to make Britain a more prosperous and confident place to be.”

Comments (15)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:17am Thu 15 May 14

Jim271 says...

Is there an ELECTION coming up by any chance?

All the immigrants have gone home as well,
Is there an ELECTION coming up by any chance? All the immigrants have gone home as well, Jim271
  • Score: 7

10:35am Thu 15 May 14

cosmicma says...

they,ve all been sanctioned
they,ve all been sanctioned cosmicma
  • Score: 12

11:36am Thu 15 May 14

Rivertin says...

I finished work almost three months back due to ill health, proving you are ill enough not to work is very stressful and claiming jobseekers is not an option as you are supposedly not fit for work (and yet on the other hand you are likely to be said to be fit enough to work if you end up being assesed by this regime)

I decided not to bother claiming anything, I have had zero income and could be faced with eviction , I also know some long term unemployed who have stopped claiming because it has been made too difficult for them

My main gripe though is with the so called medical professionals, all they had to do was find out exactly what was wrong with me and come up with a cure but the regime has encroached upomn the medical profession, instead of finding out what ios wrong with you they just seem intent on giving you some pill or other that will boost the profits of the drug companies or/and not considering you to be ill to save money for the gov/taxpayer and make the figures look good for the election.
I finished work almost three months back due to ill health, proving you are ill enough not to work is very stressful and claiming jobseekers is not an option as you are supposedly not fit for work (and yet on the other hand you are likely to be said to be fit enough to work if you end up being assesed by this regime) I decided not to bother claiming anything, I have had zero income and could be faced with eviction , I also know some long term unemployed who have stopped claiming because it has been made too difficult for them My main gripe though is with the so called medical professionals, all they had to do was find out exactly what was wrong with me and come up with a cure but the regime has encroached upomn the medical profession, instead of finding out what ios wrong with you they just seem intent on giving you some pill or other that will boost the profits of the drug companies or/and not considering you to be ill to save money for the gov/taxpayer and make the figures look good for the election. Rivertin
  • Score: 4

11:41am Thu 15 May 14

wsw69 says...

Complete & utter grade one 8uLL5h1t Esther McVey is a complete and out of touch waste of space. Crap as a TV presenter, crap as a politician, even a bl**dy Tory one. I look forward listening to her and her drivel on BBC Question Time tonight.

I usually go into town 2 or 3 times a week, and not because it's a town to be proud of, it's a dump. There always seems to be more people hanging about dossing, looking utterly unemployable, skanky sorts outside the Job Centre (office for grossly massaged statistics) than there have ever been.

If I were currently in the market to employ someone, none of those specimens from outside the Doss Office would get a look in.

As we know, all MP's will grab at the slightest teensy weensy morsel of positive news.

Anyone who believes this crap really is in cloud dipstick land!
Complete & utter grade one 8uLL5h1t Esther McVey is a complete and out of touch waste of space. Crap as a TV presenter, crap as a politician, even a bl**dy Tory one. I look forward listening to her and her drivel on BBC Question Time tonight. I usually go into town 2 or 3 times a week, and not because it's a town to be proud of, it's a dump. There always seems to be more people hanging about dossing, looking utterly unemployable, skanky sorts outside the Job Centre (office for grossly massaged statistics) than there have ever been. If I were currently in the market to employ someone, none of those specimens from outside the Doss Office would get a look in. As we know, all MP's will grab at the slightest teensy weensy morsel of positive news. Anyone who believes this crap really is in cloud dipstick land! wsw69
  • Score: 12

12:00pm Thu 15 May 14

Jim271 says...

Things are starting to look up now, however the immigration issue needs to be addressed, and yet all the political parties refuse to even acknowledge it.

If Labour want to win back voters they have to promise to introduce the Austrailian system that will apply to all visitors not just the EU.

Every employer who employs a non British passport holder should have to pay £3000 a year to cover the benefits of a British citizen.

Its not the immigrants fault its the companies that are exploiting them.

Otherwise UKIP will keep taking your votes away.
Things are starting to look up now, however the immigration issue needs to be addressed, and yet all the political parties refuse to even acknowledge it. If Labour want to win back voters they have to promise to introduce the Austrailian system that will apply to all visitors not just the EU. Every employer who employs a non British passport holder should have to pay £3000 a year to cover the benefits of a British citizen. Its not the immigrants fault its the companies that are exploiting them. Otherwise UKIP will keep taking your votes away. Jim271
  • Score: 7

12:29pm Thu 15 May 14

The Righteous One says...

Thing is, though, which Australian system do you want as each State have their own points system of which some are easier than others, and all the system are very easy to by-pass!!!

And then lets not forget the number of illegal that actually get into Australia is almost triple what we have coming into the UK - yes they are held in camps but it is the Australian tax payers that pay for these camps!

But the points system becomes useless once you manage to get into Australia either through a Working Visa (which is sponsored by an employer) or a Holiday Working visa (which more or less anyone can get up to the age of 35) because renewal of these is just a formality. Even with a Holiday Visa one can manage to stay and extend visa's.

So those determined enough just make a mockery of the points system!

As for paying for non-British - errrr doesn't income tax, VAT, National Insurance contributions, normal tax on products and duty on certain goods already mean that they are paying their way in the community?
Thing is, though, which Australian system do you want as each State have their own points system of which some are easier than others, and all the system are very easy to by-pass!!! And then lets not forget the number of illegal that actually get into Australia is almost triple what we have coming into the UK - yes they are held in camps but it is the Australian tax payers that pay for these camps! But the points system becomes useless once you manage to get into Australia either through a Working Visa (which is sponsored by an employer) or a Holiday Working visa (which more or less anyone can get up to the age of 35) because renewal of these is just a formality. Even with a Holiday Visa one can manage to stay and extend visa's. So those determined enough just make a mockery of the points system! As for paying for non-British - errrr doesn't income tax, VAT, National Insurance contributions, normal tax on products and duty on certain goods already mean that they are paying their way in the community? The Righteous One
  • Score: -3

1:25pm Thu 15 May 14

Jim271 says...

The Righteous One wrote:
Thing is, though, which Australian system do you want as each State have their own points system of which some are easier than others, and all the system are very easy to by-pass!!!

And then lets not forget the number of illegal that actually get into Australia is almost triple what we have coming into the UK - yes they are held in camps but it is the Australian tax payers that pay for these camps!

But the points system becomes useless once you manage to get into Australia either through a Working Visa (which is sponsored by an employer) or a Holiday Working visa (which more or less anyone can get up to the age of 35) because renewal of these is just a formality. Even with a Holiday Visa one can manage to stay and extend visa's.

So those determined enough just make a mockery of the points system!

As for paying for non-British - errrr doesn't income tax, VAT, National Insurance contributions, normal tax on products and duty on certain goods already mean that they are paying their way in the community?
Whats your solution TRO?

Is it let everyone in and increase the taxes of the people already here?

That's LABOURS solution, spend other peoples money, until we have to get a bailout from the EU or IMF.

You want to keep English taxpayers money for England, So your solution is to throw out the Scottish and the Irish (the biggest immigrant group).

Labour look like the tories, dress like the tories and sound like the tories.

I may as well vote Tory.
[quote][p][bold]The Righteous One[/bold] wrote: Thing is, though, which Australian system do you want as each State have their own points system of which some are easier than others, and all the system are very easy to by-pass!!! And then lets not forget the number of illegal that actually get into Australia is almost triple what we have coming into the UK - yes they are held in camps but it is the Australian tax payers that pay for these camps! But the points system becomes useless once you manage to get into Australia either through a Working Visa (which is sponsored by an employer) or a Holiday Working visa (which more or less anyone can get up to the age of 35) because renewal of these is just a formality. Even with a Holiday Visa one can manage to stay and extend visa's. So those determined enough just make a mockery of the points system! As for paying for non-British - errrr doesn't income tax, VAT, National Insurance contributions, normal tax on products and duty on certain goods already mean that they are paying their way in the community?[/p][/quote]Whats your solution TRO? Is it let everyone in and increase the taxes of the people already here? That's LABOURS solution, spend other peoples money, until we have to get a bailout from the EU or IMF. You want to keep English taxpayers money for England, So your solution is to throw out the Scottish and the Irish (the biggest immigrant group). Labour look like the tories, dress like the tories and sound like the tories. I may as well vote Tory. Jim271
  • Score: 1

1:37pm Thu 15 May 14

Jim271 says...

The Righteous One wrote:
Thing is, though, which Australian system do you want as each State have their own points system of which some are easier than others, and all the system are very easy to by-pass!!!

And then lets not forget the number of illegal that actually get into Australia is almost triple what we have coming into the UK - yes they are held in camps but it is the Australian tax payers that pay for these camps!

But the points system becomes useless once you manage to get into Australia either through a Working Visa (which is sponsored by an employer) or a Holiday Working visa (which more or less anyone can get up to the age of 35) because renewal of these is just a formality. Even with a Holiday Visa one can manage to stay and extend visa's.

So those determined enough just make a mockery of the points system!

As for paying for non-British - errrr doesn't income tax, VAT, National Insurance contributions, normal tax on products and duty on certain goods already mean that they are paying their way in the community?
They are held in camps.

We give them fully furnished houses and extra money for fuel, and legal aid so we pay a lawyer to defend someone we are trying to remove.

Labour just keep their head in the sand,

Ive asked you several times what your opinion is and you never give it.

I wonder why? is it because you don't have a solution?
[quote][p][bold]The Righteous One[/bold] wrote: Thing is, though, which Australian system do you want as each State have their own points system of which some are easier than others, and all the system are very easy to by-pass!!! And then lets not forget the number of illegal that actually get into Australia is almost triple what we have coming into the UK - yes they are held in camps but it is the Australian tax payers that pay for these camps! But the points system becomes useless once you manage to get into Australia either through a Working Visa (which is sponsored by an employer) or a Holiday Working visa (which more or less anyone can get up to the age of 35) because renewal of these is just a formality. Even with a Holiday Visa one can manage to stay and extend visa's. So those determined enough just make a mockery of the points system! As for paying for non-British - errrr doesn't income tax, VAT, National Insurance contributions, normal tax on products and duty on certain goods already mean that they are paying their way in the community?[/p][/quote]They are held in camps. We give them fully furnished houses and extra money for fuel, and legal aid so we pay a lawyer to defend someone we are trying to remove. Labour just keep their head in the sand, Ive asked you several times what your opinion is and you never give it. I wonder why? is it because you don't have a solution? Jim271
  • Score: 1

1:51pm Thu 15 May 14

The Righteous One says...

There is no easy answer, to be honest, because no matter what system is put into place there will always be people finding ways of beating the system and they will manage it.

With regards to the EU, I would keep it as it is and migrant workers works both ways - especially as there are more British people working and living in other EU countries than what there are non-British EU citizens being in the UK!!! It worked for me and many many others and I would gladly do that again, if ever given the chance. Also one only has to look at the original 2 series' of Auf Weidersehen, Pet (those made by Central-ITV and not BBC) to show that even during the hard-times of the early 80's working on the mainland did help the British worker. But it does look as though the "British" worker has become lazy and only wants to look in the UK instead for elsewhere like many other Europeans. Plus lets not forget benefits works both ways - we can go to any EU country and claim from their benefits system , like I did for a while (and the benefits were better than here in the UK)

As for non-EU citizens, the recent changes have made it far more tougher to get into the UK, even for students - but the biggest problem UK has is the closeness we have with the countries within the Commonwealth in which more than 90% of the countries are actually classed " developing" or in old money "3rd World" and as such is the closeness it is easier to get into the UK, far less checks!! That is the one things that many people tend to forget!

Also lets not forget that there are already laws in place that stop people entering the UK from both the EU and non-EU countries. As the UK, and Ireland, never signed the Schengen Agreement it means we do not have open borders and everyone is scanned in as they enter - problem is when they leave as not all passports are scanned out - again its a failure of the UK Government and not the EU!!!! But non-British EU citizens have been refused entry into the UK, and it happens quite a lot on a daily basis.

To be fair I not aligned to any party, but I would never vote UKIP, not even as a protest vote, as UKIP, as they are now, are very akin to how the Nationalsozialistisc
he Deutsche Arbeiterpartei was before they got into power - promising this that and the other and blaming others for the downturn, job losses, and creating a scaremongering and xenophobic atmosphere!

At this moment, I will vote, as a protest against UKIP, to try and make sure they get no on elected and I would probably vote Green - as I can't stand any of the top 3 at the moment!!! (although the final decision will be taken in the polling booth - especially with a total of 11 parties to choose from).

Voting UKIP just means they will be stealing our voice in the EU Parliament as they have promised to spend as little time as possible in Brussels/Strasbourg - in other words earning a living for doing nothing and NOT representing their constituents.
There is no easy answer, to be honest, because no matter what system is put into place there will always be people finding ways of beating the system and they will manage it. With regards to the EU, I would keep it as it is and migrant workers works both ways - especially as there are more British people working and living in other EU countries than what there are non-British EU citizens being in the UK!!! It worked for me and many many others and I would gladly do that again, if ever given the chance. Also one only has to look at the original 2 series' of Auf Weidersehen, Pet (those made by Central-ITV and not BBC) to show that even during the hard-times of the early 80's working on the mainland did help the British worker. But it does look as though the "British" worker has become lazy and only wants to look in the UK instead for elsewhere like many other Europeans. Plus lets not forget benefits works both ways - we can go to any EU country and claim from their benefits system , like I did for a while (and the benefits were better than here in the UK) As for non-EU citizens, the recent changes have made it far more tougher to get into the UK, even for students - but the biggest problem UK has is the closeness we have with the countries within the Commonwealth in which more than 90% of the countries are actually classed " developing" or in old money "3rd World" and as such is the closeness it is easier to get into the UK, far less checks!! That is the one things that many people tend to forget! Also lets not forget that there are already laws in place that stop people entering the UK from both the EU and non-EU countries. As the UK, and Ireland, never signed the Schengen Agreement it means we do not have open borders and everyone is scanned in as they enter - problem is when they leave as not all passports are scanned out - again its a failure of the UK Government and not the EU!!!! But non-British EU citizens have been refused entry into the UK, and it happens quite a lot on a daily basis. To be fair I not aligned to any party, but I would never vote UKIP, not even as a protest vote, as UKIP, as they are now, are very akin to how the Nationalsozialistisc he Deutsche Arbeiterpartei was before they got into power - promising this that and the other and blaming others for the downturn, job losses, and creating a scaremongering and xenophobic atmosphere! At this moment, I will vote, as a protest against UKIP, to try and make sure they get no on elected and I would probably vote Green - as I can't stand any of the top 3 at the moment!!! (although the final decision will be taken in the polling booth - especially with a total of 11 parties to choose from). Voting UKIP just means they will be stealing our voice in the EU Parliament as they have promised to spend as little time as possible in Brussels/Strasbourg - in other words earning a living for doing nothing and NOT representing their constituents. The Righteous One
  • Score: -3

1:52pm Thu 15 May 14

The Righteous One says...

Jim271 wrote:
The Righteous One wrote:
Thing is, though, which Australian system do you want as each State have their own points system of which some are easier than others, and all the system are very easy to by-pass!!!

And then lets not forget the number of illegal that actually get into Australia is almost triple what we have coming into the UK - yes they are held in camps but it is the Australian tax payers that pay for these camps!

But the points system becomes useless once you manage to get into Australia either through a Working Visa (which is sponsored by an employer) or a Holiday Working visa (which more or less anyone can get up to the age of 35) because renewal of these is just a formality. Even with a Holiday Visa one can manage to stay and extend visa's.

So those determined enough just make a mockery of the points system!

As for paying for non-British - errrr doesn't income tax, VAT, National Insurance contributions, normal tax on products and duty on certain goods already mean that they are paying their way in the community?
They are held in camps.

We give them fully furnished houses and extra money for fuel, and legal aid so we pay a lawyer to defend someone we are trying to remove.

Labour just keep their head in the sand,

Ive asked you several times what your opinion is and you never give it.

I wonder why? is it because you don't have a solution?
Jim I am not online all the time and I don't subscribe to being alerted everytime when someone posts, so I am only online every now and again. Please be patient!
[quote][p][bold]Jim271[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Righteous One[/bold] wrote: Thing is, though, which Australian system do you want as each State have their own points system of which some are easier than others, and all the system are very easy to by-pass!!! And then lets not forget the number of illegal that actually get into Australia is almost triple what we have coming into the UK - yes they are held in camps but it is the Australian tax payers that pay for these camps! But the points system becomes useless once you manage to get into Australia either through a Working Visa (which is sponsored by an employer) or a Holiday Working visa (which more or less anyone can get up to the age of 35) because renewal of these is just a formality. Even with a Holiday Visa one can manage to stay and extend visa's. So those determined enough just make a mockery of the points system! As for paying for non-British - errrr doesn't income tax, VAT, National Insurance contributions, normal tax on products and duty on certain goods already mean that they are paying their way in the community?[/p][/quote]They are held in camps. We give them fully furnished houses and extra money for fuel, and legal aid so we pay a lawyer to defend someone we are trying to remove. Labour just keep their head in the sand, Ive asked you several times what your opinion is and you never give it. I wonder why? is it because you don't have a solution?[/p][/quote]Jim I am not online all the time and I don't subscribe to being alerted everytime when someone posts, so I am only online every now and again. Please be patient! The Righteous One
  • Score: -1

2:04pm Thu 15 May 14

The Righteous One says...

Fact is, if we left the EU and still wanted to trade with the EU then we would have to join either EFTA (European Free Trade Association) but to join that basically blackmailed into that we would be signing the Schengen Agreement through the back door and have to adhere to the EU laws with no say and no get-out clauses, and most importantly lose our voice within the EU.

It is a blackmail that the Brussels would make sure happens.

And if we did go it lone, and it didn't work and we had to go tail between our legs back to the EU , yes we would have a vice, but we would lose all the get-out clauses that we have accumulated over the last 40 years and more importantly we would lose the GBP!!!!

Yes I am pro-EU, but it does come with a sting in its tail - I want change and the best way to get change is from within the system and not outside. I am not in favour of how Cameron is wanting change, because, knowing Brussels, it is a very long process and it cannot change over night. But there are millions of people n the EU who, like me, want to be part of the EU but also wants it to change to make it better for the people and the various countries! And at this moment in time the Greens do seem the best way to do it - although I am not a huge fans of the party either with their "way out" ideas on many subjects!!!
Fact is, if we left the EU and still wanted to trade with the EU then we would have to join either EFTA (European Free Trade Association) but to join that basically blackmailed into that we would be signing the Schengen Agreement through the back door and have to adhere to the EU laws with no say and no get-out clauses, and most importantly lose our voice within the EU. It is a blackmail that the Brussels would make sure happens. And if we did go it lone, and it didn't work and we had to go tail between our legs back to the EU , yes we would have a vice, but we would lose all the get-out clauses that we have accumulated over the last 40 years and more importantly we would lose the GBP!!!! Yes I am pro-EU, but it does come with a sting in its tail - I want change and the best way to get change is from within the system and not outside. I am not in favour of how Cameron is wanting change, because, knowing Brussels, it is a very long process and it cannot change over night. But there are millions of people n the EU who, like me, want to be part of the EU but also wants it to change to make it better for the people and the various countries! And at this moment in time the Greens do seem the best way to do it - although I am not a huge fans of the party either with their "way out" ideas on many subjects!!! The Righteous One
  • Score: -2

2:09pm Thu 15 May 14

The Righteous One says...

benefitcheatexposer

You have the wrong person!

I do not know the person you are going on about.
benefitcheatexposer You have the wrong person! I do not know the person you are going on about. The Righteous One
  • Score: -2

2:16pm Thu 15 May 14

piszoff says...

The Righteous One wrote:
Fact is, if we left the EU and still wanted to trade with the EU then we would have to join either EFTA (European Free Trade Association) but to join that basically blackmailed into that we would be signing the Schengen Agreement through the back door and have to adhere to the EU laws with no say and no get-out clauses, and most importantly lose our voice within the EU.

It is a blackmail that the Brussels would make sure happens.

And if we did go it lone, and it didn't work and we had to go tail between our legs back to the EU , yes we would have a vice, but we would lose all the get-out clauses that we have accumulated over the last 40 years and more importantly we would lose the GBP!!!!

Yes I am pro-EU, but it does come with a sting in its tail - I want change and the best way to get change is from within the system and not outside. I am not in favour of how Cameron is wanting change, because, knowing Brussels, it is a very long process and it cannot change over night. But there are millions of people n the EU who, like me, want to be part of the EU but also wants it to change to make it better for the people and the various countries! And at this moment in time the Greens do seem the best way to do it - although I am not a huge fans of the party either with their "way out" ideas on many subjects!!!
But what you say is not going to happen even in my grandsons life and he is only one month old.
[quote][p][bold]The Righteous One[/bold] wrote: Fact is, if we left the EU and still wanted to trade with the EU then we would have to join either EFTA (European Free Trade Association) but to join that basically blackmailed into that we would be signing the Schengen Agreement through the back door and have to adhere to the EU laws with no say and no get-out clauses, and most importantly lose our voice within the EU. It is a blackmail that the Brussels would make sure happens. And if we did go it lone, and it didn't work and we had to go tail between our legs back to the EU , yes we would have a vice, but we would lose all the get-out clauses that we have accumulated over the last 40 years and more importantly we would lose the GBP!!!! Yes I am pro-EU, but it does come with a sting in its tail - I want change and the best way to get change is from within the system and not outside. I am not in favour of how Cameron is wanting change, because, knowing Brussels, it is a very long process and it cannot change over night. But there are millions of people n the EU who, like me, want to be part of the EU but also wants it to change to make it better for the people and the various countries! And at this moment in time the Greens do seem the best way to do it - although I am not a huge fans of the party either with their "way out" ideas on many subjects!!![/p][/quote]But what you say is not going to happen even in my grandsons life and he is only one month old. piszoff
  • Score: 1

2:39pm Thu 15 May 14

The Righteous One says...

piszoff,

It will happen and before your grandson grows up.

Yes Brussels is slow but not that slow and the number of people wanting the EU to change Brussels cannot ignore it, especially as people can vote as to what party they want to be represented by! And it is those parties that are clamouring for change within the EU as well!

The Cameron way is bullish and will never work, but we need to build alliances across EU and subtly change it slow at first and then slowly build the momentum!

It is like any big conglomerate going through change, it is always slow at first but the more it happens the quicker it becomes and that's what the EU basically is a massive conglomerate!
piszoff, It will happen and before your grandson grows up. Yes Brussels is slow but not that slow and the number of people wanting the EU to change Brussels cannot ignore it, especially as people can vote as to what party they want to be represented by! And it is those parties that are clamouring for change within the EU as well! The Cameron way is bullish and will never work, but we need to build alliances across EU and subtly change it slow at first and then slowly build the momentum! It is like any big conglomerate going through change, it is always slow at first but the more it happens the quicker it becomes and that's what the EU basically is a massive conglomerate! The Righteous One
  • Score: -2

1:48pm Thu 5 Jun 14

RogerMooresEyebrow says...

Totally false figures. Countless public sector jobs have been transferred into the private sector. We have workfare, zero-hours contracts and most new jobs are part-time, thus people are paid benefits to top up their low incomes. On top of that, it isn't taking into account those who've been sanctioned for no good reason. Have a look at the boarded up shops in Bolton as well as businesses that are closing all over the North West in addition to the types of 'jobs' that are being advertised in the town and then tell me that unemployment is down. This is for election purposes, therefore the government won't be allowing the real facts to get in the way of a total smokescreen.
Totally false figures. Countless public sector jobs have been transferred into the private sector. We have workfare, zero-hours contracts and most new jobs are part-time, thus people are paid benefits to top up their low incomes. On top of that, it isn't taking into account those who've been sanctioned for no good reason. Have a look at the boarded up shops in Bolton as well as businesses that are closing all over the North West in addition to the types of 'jobs' that are being advertised in the town and then tell me that unemployment is down. This is for election purposes, therefore the government won't be allowing the real facts to get in the way of a total smokescreen. RogerMooresEyebrow
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree