Man mangled in machine after his stomach is caught in sanding belt

Air ambulance called for man mangled in machine

Air ambulance called for man mangled in machine

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , crime reporter

A MAN is in hospital after apparently getting his stomach caught in a sanding machine.

The man is believed to have been sanding when the incident happened at about 1pm today in 3D Tool Hire in Higher Market Street, Farnworth.

The North West Air Ambulance was called but the man, said to be aged 38, was taken to Manchester Royal Infirmary by ambulance.

Firefighters were also called but did not need to help.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:55am Thu 22 May 14

Gore Seer says...

When A Person Works On Machinery Loose Clothing Can Be A Problem, I Had Got A Torn Jumper Sleeve, Caught On A Lath, I Had Just Left School At 15 Years Old.
When A Person Works On Machinery Loose Clothing Can Be A Problem, I Had Got A Torn Jumper Sleeve, Caught On A Lath, I Had Just Left School At 15 Years Old. Gore Seer
  • Score: 3

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree