Mum and children forced to flee home after Astley Bridge chip pan fire

Kitchen damaged by pan fire

Kitchen damaged by pan fire

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , crime reporter

A KITCHEN was damaged after a pan was left on the hob unattended.

Firefighters spent about 45 minutes at a terraced home in Waverley Road, Astley Bridge, after the owner raised alarm at about 10.50am today.

A mother had been cooking food in a pan on the hob when the fire started.

She shut the door to prevent the blaze spreading and left the home with her young children while she waited for firefighters to arrive.

Fire engines from Bolton Central and Bolton North attended.

Ian Read, watch manager at Bolton Central fire station, said: “A lady left some food cooking — by the time she returned the whole pan was on fire.

"She did the right thing by closing the door and called the fire service.

"There was smoke damage to the kitchen unit. The plaster on the wall was blistered. We gave some fire safety advice.

“The woman had been cooking food on the hob but I would advise people not leave any hot oil cooking.

"People should get rid of deep pans of oil and use a deep fat fryer or use the oven to cook stuff.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree