Bowler's life saved thanks to swift actions of fellow player
10:00am Thursday 12th June 2014 in News
A BOWLER’S life was saved thanks to the swift use of a defibrillator by fellow players on the green.
The man collapsed during a match at the Bradford Street Park Veterans Bowling Club in Farnworth last Thursday (June 5).
When his heart stopped beating and he lost consciousness, one of the Bradford Street players grabbed a defibrillator and started doing CPR until the machine delivered the shock.
Ambulance crews arrived five minutes later at about 3.30pm and took the man, believed to be in his sixties, to Wythenshawe Hospital.
He has since made a recovery and been discharged from hospital.
The Bradford Street club bought the defibrillator through the Bolton Wanderers Community Trust last October.
Carole Turton, secretary at the Bradford Street Park Veterans Bowling Club, said: “We only bought the defibrillator last year and it has already helped save someone’s life.
“We want people to realise how important this equipment is for clubs and other groups like us.”
Comments are closed on this article.