Garden rubbish warning after fire in Heaton

Garden rubbish warning after fire in Heaton

Garden rubbish warning after fire in Heaton

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

FIREFIGHTERS have warned residents their homes could go up in smoke if they store rubbish in their gardens.

It follows a fire at a house in Norwood Grove, Heaton, at 11pm last night, which started in a pile of rubbish the owner had left outside his back gate.

The fire spread to the garden wall and into a bed and other rubbish left in the back garden.

It took two crews from Bolton central fire station 90 minutes to make the scene safe.

Watch commander Craig Lunt said: “The occupant was awaiting a skip that never turned up and left all the rubbish out for collection, and it appears that someone has set fire to it.

“Luckily, it didn’t spread to the house.

“We would appeal for people to keep such waste in until the skip has arrived to minimise the risk of fires like this.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree