Man dies after horrific East Lancs Road crash

The Bolton News: Man dies after horrific East Lancs Road crash Man dies after horrific East Lancs Road crash

A MAN has died in a three vehicle collision on the East Lancs Road.

At about 4.55pm today, an Audi RS3 and an Audi S3 were travelling eastbound along the A580 when they collided with a Vauxhall Corsa, near to Swinton Park.

The male driver of the Corsa suffered multiple injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.

A female passenger also suffered serious injuries and has been taken to hospital.

She is currently in a critical condition.

Two men have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and remain in police custody for questioning.

The A580 between Lancaster Road and Worsley Road has been closed while emergency services deal with the scene.

Anyone with information is asked to call the police's serious collision investigation unit on 0161 856 4741.

Comments (15)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

7:46pm Sun 22 Jun 14

catsden says...

Bet they were young thugs once again hope they can a very long prison sentence and be banned from driving for live. the law is too soft, they will most likely get away with a caution. (BRING BACK THE BIRCH)
HOPE THE PASSENGER MAKES A FULL RECOVERY, SO TRAGIC.
Bet they were young thugs once again hope they can a very long prison sentence and be banned from driving for live. the law is too soft, they will most likely get away with a caution. (BRING BACK THE BIRCH) HOPE THE PASSENGER MAKES A FULL RECOVERY, SO TRAGIC. catsden
  • Score: 22

8:49pm Sun 22 Jun 14

Wolfie190 says...

Whats the penalty for death by dangerous driving these days... absolutely nothing!
Whats the penalty for death by dangerous driving these days... absolutely nothing! Wolfie190
  • Score: 15

11:00pm Sun 22 Jun 14

guesty86 says...

not one to make an assumption but reading that an audi s3 n rs3 where involved leads me to think that two d**kheads with more power than they could handle have taken one life and ruined another one, if this is the fact then i hope they get life. check the photos on m.e.n site no chance
not one to make an assumption but reading that an audi s3 n rs3 where involved leads me to think that two d**kheads with more power than they could handle have taken one life and ruined another one, if this is the fact then i hope they get life. check the photos on m.e.n site no chance guesty86
  • Score: 14

4:49am Mon 23 Jun 14

limey redneck says...

bet these retards were racing,charge them with racing on the queens highway which I believe carries a heavier sentence & 2nd degree murder & attempted 2nd degree murder. lets face it, racing on a busy highway they must realize there is a reality they are going to kill or maim someone. throw the book at them & have done with it.
bet these retards were racing,charge them with racing on the queens highway which I believe carries a heavier sentence & 2nd degree murder & attempted 2nd degree murder. lets face it, racing on a busy highway they must realize there is a reality they are going to kill or maim someone. throw the book at them & have done with it. limey redneck
  • Score: 8

7:36am Mon 23 Jun 14

Rememberscarborough says...

Horrendous stretch of road. With kids using it as a racetrack and people joining the road from side streets at a very slow speed I'm surprised there aren't more people being killed.

Don't know how to stop this short of long car bans rather than those that appear to be shorter than any prisons sentences that are handed out.

RIP and my thoughts are with the victim's family and friends.
Horrendous stretch of road. With kids using it as a racetrack and people joining the road from side streets at a very slow speed I'm surprised there aren't more people being killed. Don't know how to stop this short of long car bans rather than those that appear to be shorter than any prisons sentences that are handed out. RIP and my thoughts are with the victim's family and friends. Rememberscarborough
  • Score: 3

7:42am Mon 23 Jun 14

Comment777 says...

Anyone want to give me odds on the cars having been hired over the weekend?
Anyone want to give me odds on the cars having been hired over the weekend? Comment777
  • Score: 4

7:56am Mon 23 Jun 14

mililly says...

catsden wrote:
Bet they were young thugs once again hope they can a very long prison sentence and be banned from driving for live. the law is too soft, they will most likely get away with a caution. (BRING BACK THE BIRCH)
HOPE THE PASSENGER MAKES A FULL RECOVERY, SO TRAGIC.
Actually manchester evening news states they were mid 20's which is old enough to know better in my book. I dont class mid 20's as young drivers. You will often find these days that boy racers are not young inexperienced people but are idiots who should know better and usually walk away everytime leaving someone else dead or injured as in this case. They should be done for murder and have the key thrown away..
[quote][p][bold]catsden[/bold] wrote: Bet they were young thugs once again hope they can a very long prison sentence and be banned from driving for live. the law is too soft, they will most likely get away with a caution. (BRING BACK THE BIRCH) HOPE THE PASSENGER MAKES A FULL RECOVERY, SO TRAGIC.[/p][/quote]Actually manchester evening news states they were mid 20's which is old enough to know better in my book. I dont class mid 20's as young drivers. You will often find these days that boy racers are not young inexperienced people but are idiots who should know better and usually walk away everytime leaving someone else dead or injured as in this case. They should be done for murder and have the key thrown away.. mililly
  • Score: 4

8:07am Mon 23 Jun 14

Annelime says...

As per usual the bolton news hasn't got the story straight! According to both the MEN and the Salford news Unfortunately the passenger died shortly after arriving at Salford royal!
As per usual the bolton news hasn't got the story straight! According to both the MEN and the Salford news Unfortunately the passenger died shortly after arriving at Salford royal! Annelime
  • Score: 1

8:08am Mon 23 Jun 14

Comment777 says...

Victims 19 and 22 years old. The corsa in which they were travelling had its engine torn from its mountings which came to rest approximately 10 metres away. The pictures in the MEN are quite graphic and shocking. If the driver or driver's of the other two cars are responsible I hope they are regretting their actions sat in a cold, clinical police cell with a stainlesss steel toilet
Victims 19 and 22 years old. The corsa in which they were travelling had its engine torn from its mountings which came to rest approximately 10 metres away. The pictures in the MEN are quite graphic and shocking. If the driver or driver's of the other two cars are responsible I hope they are regretting their actions sat in a cold, clinical police cell with a stainlesss steel toilet Comment777
  • Score: 2

8:18am Mon 23 Jun 14

Comment777 says...

Comment777 wrote:
Victims 19 and 22 years old. The corsa in which they were travelling had its engine torn from its mountings which came to rest approximately 10 metres away. The pictures in the MEN are quite graphic and shocking. If the driver or driver's of the other two cars are responsible I hope they are regretting their actions sat in a cold, clinical police cell with a stainlesss steel toilet
Apologies computer locked out mid way through my comment...

I desire also that they are terrified about the personal consequences of being responsible for such an accident in which at least one person has died. A long jail sentence is the only way you will keep such selfish driver's of the road. A lengthy driving ban after a short sentence will be flouted allowing them to cause more carnage and grief.
The victim's have been named .I say name the perpetrator's if there is evidence from those who witnessed the moments leading up to the impact that they were racing.
This is all written with the caveat of responsibilty attached.
[quote][p][bold]Comment777[/bold] wrote: Victims 19 and 22 years old. The corsa in which they were travelling had its engine torn from its mountings which came to rest approximately 10 metres away. The pictures in the MEN are quite graphic and shocking. If the driver or driver's of the other two cars are responsible I hope they are regretting their actions sat in a cold, clinical police cell with a stainlesss steel toilet[/p][/quote]Apologies computer locked out mid way through my comment... I desire also that they are terrified about the personal consequences of being responsible for such an accident in which at least one person has died. A long jail sentence is the only way you will keep such selfish driver's of the road. A lengthy driving ban after a short sentence will be flouted allowing them to cause more carnage and grief. The victim's have been named .I say name the perpetrator's if there is evidence from those who witnessed the moments leading up to the impact that they were racing. This is all written with the caveat of responsibilty attached. Comment777
  • Score: 3

8:40am Mon 23 Jun 14

w1ggan says...

Wolfie190 wrote:
Whats the penalty for death by dangerous driving these days... absolutely nothing!
Just been changed to 14 years
[quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: Whats the penalty for death by dangerous driving these days... absolutely nothing![/p][/quote]Just been changed to 14 years w1ggan
  • Score: 4

8:59am Mon 23 Jun 14

catsden says...

mililly wrote:
catsden wrote:
Bet they were young thugs once again hope they can a very long prison sentence and be banned from driving for live. the law is too soft, they will most likely get away with a caution. (BRING BACK THE BIRCH)
HOPE THE PASSENGER MAKES A FULL RECOVERY, SO TRAGIC.
Actually manchester evening news states they were mid 20's which is old enough to know better in my book. I dont class mid 20's as young drivers. You will often find these days that boy racers are not young inexperienced people but are idiots who should know better and usually walk away everytime leaving someone else dead or injured as in this case. They should be done for murder and have the key thrown away..
I still class mid 20's as young drivers, they are not exactly old are they, male's in their mid 20's are still very immature in my opinion.
[quote][p][bold]mililly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]catsden[/bold] wrote: Bet they were young thugs once again hope they can a very long prison sentence and be banned from driving for live. the law is too soft, they will most likely get away with a caution. (BRING BACK THE BIRCH) HOPE THE PASSENGER MAKES A FULL RECOVERY, SO TRAGIC.[/p][/quote]Actually manchester evening news states they were mid 20's which is old enough to know better in my book. I dont class mid 20's as young drivers. You will often find these days that boy racers are not young inexperienced people but are idiots who should know better and usually walk away everytime leaving someone else dead or injured as in this case. They should be done for murder and have the key thrown away..[/p][/quote]I still class mid 20's as young drivers, they are not exactly old are they, male's in their mid 20's are still very immature in my opinion. catsden
  • Score: -1

9:06am Mon 23 Jun 14

Wolfie190 says...

w1ggan wrote:
Wolfie190 wrote:
Whats the penalty for death by dangerous driving these days... absolutely nothing!
Just been changed to 14 years
The law is an **** in the UK its supposed to be five years for carrying a knife you dont get five years for actually stabbing somebody even if you're the aggressor.
[quote][p][bold]w1ggan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: Whats the penalty for death by dangerous driving these days... absolutely nothing![/p][/quote]Just been changed to 14 years[/p][/quote]The law is an **** in the UK its supposed to be five years for carrying a knife you dont get five years for actually stabbing somebody even if you're the aggressor. Wolfie190
  • Score: 2

6:25pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Janbur says...

RIP.Just a waste of a young couples lives,so tragic.and that poor little baby as lost its mum.Hope you spend the rest of eternity together.
RIP.Just a waste of a young couples lives,so tragic.and that poor little baby as lost its mum.Hope you spend the rest of eternity together. Janbur
  • Score: 0

11:47am Tue 24 Jun 14

Samuel1987 says...

catsden wrote:
mililly wrote:
catsden wrote:
Bet they were young thugs once again hope they can a very long prison sentence and be banned from driving for live. the law is too soft, they will most likely get away with a caution. (BRING BACK THE BIRCH)
HOPE THE PASSENGER MAKES A FULL RECOVERY, SO TRAGIC.
Actually manchester evening news states they were mid 20's which is old enough to know better in my book. I dont class mid 20's as young drivers. You will often find these days that boy racers are not young inexperienced people but are idiots who should know better and usually walk away everytime leaving someone else dead or injured as in this case. They should be done for murder and have the key thrown away..
I still class mid 20's as young drivers, they are not exactly old are they, male's in their mid 20's are still very immature in my opinion.
Your comment sounds immature to be honest
[quote][p][bold]catsden[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mililly[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]catsden[/bold] wrote: Bet they were young thugs once again hope they can a very long prison sentence and be banned from driving for live. the law is too soft, they will most likely get away with a caution. (BRING BACK THE BIRCH) HOPE THE PASSENGER MAKES A FULL RECOVERY, SO TRAGIC.[/p][/quote]Actually manchester evening news states they were mid 20's which is old enough to know better in my book. I dont class mid 20's as young drivers. You will often find these days that boy racers are not young inexperienced people but are idiots who should know better and usually walk away everytime leaving someone else dead or injured as in this case. They should be done for murder and have the key thrown away..[/p][/quote]I still class mid 20's as young drivers, they are not exactly old are they, male's in their mid 20's are still very immature in my opinion.[/p][/quote]Your comment sounds immature to be honest Samuel1987
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree