£60,000 of prawns stolen from fish processing firm

The Bolton News: £60,000 of prawns stolen from fish processing firm £60,000 of prawns stolen from fish processing firm

THIEVES have stolen £60,000 of prawns from a fish processing firm.

The shellfish were stolen from a transportation trailer, which was later found dumped and empty at Rivington Services — hundreds of miles from where it was taken.

The thieves stole the trailer and its cargo of prawns from a fish processing firm in Damhead Circle in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, between 10pm and 11pm on Sunday.

The trailer was found at the service station on the M61 northbound at noon on Wednesday.

The white Peterhead Transport trailer was stolen using an HGV unit believed to be white and blue with a grey stripe, Scottish police said.

Detectives are appealing for witnesses and are also looking for anybody with information about a white or silver car, which they believe could be connected to the incident, as it was seen in the area at the time it was stolen and was in convoy with the lorry.

Det Con Julie Wilson, from Aberdeenshire police, said: “If anybody recognises the description of the trailer or the tractor unit and believes they may have seen it travelling in and around the Aberdeenshire area late on Sunday night and possibly into the early hours of Monday morning, they are urged to get in touch with us.

“It is understood that both the tractor unit and the white or silver Volkwagen Golf may have travelled from England and are likely to have used service stations both north and south.”

Anyone with information can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.

Comments (14)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:26pm Thu 3 Jul 14

Horwich Observer says...

Sounds a bit fishy to me this story.
Sounds a bit fishy to me this story. Horwich Observer
  • Score: 5

3:45pm Thu 3 Jul 14

Terry McC says...

think kipper of the yard should get involved !!!!
think kipper of the yard should get involved !!!! Terry McC
  • Score: 6

3:53pm Thu 3 Jul 14

mg whites says...

need to get c.o.d involved!
need to get c.o.d involved! mg whites
  • Score: 6

4:03pm Thu 3 Jul 14

Bythegrace says...

Get down to cash generator, low lifes are always trying to prawn stolen goods in there!!:-)
Get down to cash generator, low lifes are always trying to prawn stolen goods in there!!:-) Bythegrace
  • Score: 9

4:23pm Thu 3 Jul 14

labman says...

Leave it a day in this heat , then just follow the smell!
Leave it a day in this heat , then just follow the smell! labman
  • Score: -1

4:28pm Thu 3 Jul 14

Where'swally says...

bet all the local eateries will be having special offers on prawn curries and paella soon....
bet all the local eateries will be having special offers on prawn curries and paella soon.... Where'swally
  • Score: 5

5:25pm Thu 3 Jul 14

markthementalist says...

And people complain that crime isn't taken seriously any more.
To all the previous commentators, when you have ANYTHING stolen from you please inform the Bolton News so I can make a 'funny' comment underneath.

You are not far removed from the culprits themselves.
And people complain that crime isn't taken seriously any more. To all the previous commentators, when you have ANYTHING stolen from you please inform the Bolton News so I can make a 'funny' comment underneath. You are not far removed from the culprits themselves. markthementalist
  • Score: -11

5:29pm Thu 3 Jul 14

allan111111 says...

I been with many a bird from Bolton who smelt like prawns
I been with many a bird from Bolton who smelt like prawns allan111111
  • Score: 1

5:29pm Thu 3 Jul 14

boltonnut says...

Thank you to the B.N. for showing us what a prawn looks like.I thought they were talking about chess.
Thank you to the B.N. for showing us what a prawn looks like.I thought they were talking about chess. boltonnut
  • Score: 7

6:14pm Thu 3 Jul 14

Bythegrace says...

markthementalist wrote:
And people complain that crime isn't taken seriously any more.
To all the previous commentators, when you have ANYTHING stolen from you please inform the Bolton News so I can make a 'funny' comment underneath.

You are not far removed from the culprits themselves.
Your right, we are out of order!!! Will everyone stop being so shellfish!!!
[quote][p][bold]markthementalist[/bold] wrote: And people complain that crime isn't taken seriously any more. To all the previous commentators, when you have ANYTHING stolen from you please inform the Bolton News so I can make a 'funny' comment underneath. You are not far removed from the culprits themselves.[/p][/quote]Your right, we are out of order!!! Will everyone stop being so shellfish!!! Bythegrace
  • Score: 22

6:29pm Thu 3 Jul 14

markthementalist says...

Bythegrace wrote:
markthementalist wrote:
And people complain that crime isn't taken seriously any more.
To all the previous commentators, when you have ANYTHING stolen from you please inform the Bolton News so I can make a 'funny' comment underneath.

You are not far removed from the culprits themselves.
Your right, we are out of order!!! Will everyone stop being so shellfish!!!
Oh dear
[quote][p][bold]Bythegrace[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]markthementalist[/bold] wrote: And people complain that crime isn't taken seriously any more. To all the previous commentators, when you have ANYTHING stolen from you please inform the Bolton News so I can make a 'funny' comment underneath. You are not far removed from the culprits themselves.[/p][/quote]Your right, we are out of order!!! Will everyone stop being so shellfish!!![/p][/quote]Oh dear markthementalist
  • Score: 0

7:22pm Thu 3 Jul 14

macauley says...

what no crabs?.
what no crabs?. macauley
  • Score: 1

10:49pm Thu 3 Jul 14

Lancashire always says...

markthementalist wrote:
Bythegrace wrote:
markthementalist wrote:
And people complain that crime isn't taken seriously any more.
To all the previous commentators, when you have ANYTHING stolen from you please inform the Bolton News so I can make a 'funny' comment underneath.

You are not far removed from the culprits themselves.
Your right, we are out of order!!! Will everyone stop being so shellfish!!!
Oh dear
I am sorry I as being a little shellfish there but you have to laugh its bit del boy isn't I ?
[quote][p][bold]markthementalist[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bythegrace[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]markthementalist[/bold] wrote: And people complain that crime isn't taken seriously any more. To all the previous commentators, when you have ANYTHING stolen from you please inform the Bolton News so I can make a 'funny' comment underneath. You are not far removed from the culprits themselves.[/p][/quote]Your right, we are out of order!!! Will everyone stop being so shellfish!!![/p][/quote]Oh dear[/p][/quote]I am sorry I as being a little shellfish there but you have to laugh its bit del boy isn't I ? Lancashire always
  • Score: 1

8:01am Fri 4 Jul 14

EveDallas says...

Mark ,why don't you find a sense of humour or did it get stolen with the prawns.
Mark ,why don't you find a sense of humour or did it get stolen with the prawns. EveDallas
  • Score: 1
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree