UPDATE: Little Hulton pensioners escape kitchen fire

Little Hulton pair escape kitchen fire

Little Hulton pair escape kitchen fire

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , politics reporter

TWO pensioners escaped after a fire started in the kitchen of a house in Little Hulton.

Firefighters were called to the house in Peelwood Avenue at 1.22am this morning after a fire started in the kitchen.

The fire is believed to have started because of a faulty freezer.

Firefighters put out the flames however a 72 year-old woman and 75 year-old man both suffered smoke inhalation.

The man, aged 75 and the woman, aged 72, were able to escape from the house after being awoken by a smoke alarm.

Firefighters from Farnworth arrived on the scene and entered the kitchen to tackle the fully formed fire.

They used hose reels and were able to contain the blaze to the kitchen area, which suffered sever damage.

Other areas of the house sustained smoke damage.

The two people were taken to hospital by paramedics after showing signs of smoke inhalation.

Watch manager Tony McKenna said: "This just goes to show the importance of having a working smoke alarm in your house.

"If anyone would like to have a free smoke alarm fitting they can call 0800555815."

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree