This live event has finished
- On the agenda at today's planning meeting:
- SS Osmund and Andrew RC Primary School wants to build a new nursery building, despite neighbours' complaints that it will mean more noisy toddlers.
- Eagley Infant School is bidding to keep a climbing frame for kids after neighbours complained that youngsters were peeping into their back gardens.
- A developer is asking for three more years to build a trio of new houses in Astley Bridge.
- The former Elite Boxing gym could be turned into a respite care centre for young adults.
- A new toddler play area could be built in green space off Milnthorpe Road, Breightmet.
That's all folks. A shorter meeting than usual. Thanks for joining us.
New toddler play area in Breightmet approved.
One bedroom studio apartments application approved.
Application for 18 self contained studio apartments in Belvoir St - cllr Nick Peel said that Bolton has a need for one bedroom units.
Former gym and offices to daycare and respite centre approved - with conditions relating to access to Mayor Street, including yellow lines to allow bin men etc to get through.
Application for demolition of nursery modular building and erection of single story nursery school with play areas and fencing to boundaries has been approved. Councillor Lynda Byrne said there is a need for more nursary places in the area.
Demolition of existing buildings to make way for 309 mews style dwellings approved.
Employment units application approved.
Cllr John Walsh on Britannia Way development - happy to support as long as there is a relief road.
Cllr Dean on the Brittania Way development - "we don't want to be in a position where we approve this today and regret it later."
Britannia Way development - Councillor Nick Peel said it is a "once in a life time chance" to get a link road in North Bolton.
Application for retention of climbing frame in Stonesteads Drive, Bromley Cross has been approved.
Application for three detached dwellings at Mason Clough approved. Cllr John Walsh said there were no grounds for refusal.
Good afternoon. The meeting is due to start any moment now, at 2pm.