Two Bolton councillors who failed to pay their council tax cannot be named because it will 'cause them distress' and 'infringe their human rights'

The decision not to name two Bolton councillors who failed to pay council tax for two years in a row has been upheld by a top judge.

The decision not to name two Bolton councillors who failed to pay council tax for two years in a row has been upheld by a top judge.

First published in News The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

A TOP judge has ruled The Bolton News cannot name two councillors summonsed to court after they failed to pay their council tax for two years in a row.

For 18 months, The Bolton News has called for various authorities to name the Bolton councillors — one Labour and one Conservative — who were summonsed to court after they failed to pay a total of £4,660 on time.

But now, in a written judgement, Judge Robin Challender Smith and two tribunal members decided the councillors’ names should not be released because the circumstances of their cases “placed the individuals in a position where they could significantly and legitimately have expected not to be named”.

The report claims it would cause the two councillors distress and infringe their human rights.

The ruling added: “Such publication would be contrary to Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (which relates to the) private life rights of the individuals.

"Releasing the information could potentially cause unnecessary and unjustified damage and distress to the individuals.”

Neither councillor ended up in court as they arranged payment plans with the council, covering the periods of 2011/12 and 2012/13. Both councillors have now paid their arrears in full.

The Bolton News obtained the information with a freedom of information request, but the council refused to name them, citing data protection laws.


MORE:


After an appeal against the decision failed, The Bolton News contacted the information commissioner’s office (ICO), which has the power to force the council to reveal the names.

But the ICO found in favour of the council and ruled the pair had a right to privacy.

The Bolton News appealed to the First Tier Tribunal and our legal team wrote a detailed submission, which argued why the pair should be named.

Our solicitor said councillors should expect to be scrutinised to a greater degree than members of the public and that the council was wrong to ask the tribunal to withhold the names, which were temporarily made public at the time the court case arrangements were drawn up.

During the process, Bolton Council lawyers took the unusual step of asking the tribunal if they could contribute to the decision-making process.

The tribunal allowed the council to do so.

The ruling brings an end to The Bolton News’s attempts to get the councillors’ names, as there are no further appeal stages available.

During the process, the council wrote to the two councillors asking if they were prepared to be named — neither said yes.

Bolton Conservative group leader, Cllr David Greenhalgh, said: “This issue has now been to two independent bodies who have had all the facts before them.

"They have both come to the same conclusion and I think we should respect that.”

A council spokesman said: “We welcome the tribunal ruling that the original decision made by the information commissioner was correct.

"We take our responsibility to protect personal data very seriously and each application for the release of information is considered in accordance with the law.”

Comments (126)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:16am Fri 1 Aug 14

Hectoriva says...

Thank god for the EU, human rights Act and our crooked council, god forbid we cause them any stress or suffering, it's not like they'd be quick to send letters threatening Court action to a Bolton resident who for what ever reason has notade payments (by whatever reason I include Bereavement & Death)
Thank god for the EU, human rights Act and our crooked council, god forbid we cause them any stress or suffering, it's not like they'd be quick to send letters threatening Court action to a Bolton resident who for what ever reason has notade payments (by whatever reason I include Bereavement & Death) Hectoriva
  • Score: 114

6:39am Fri 1 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

They can run but they cant hide.. This will come out. Well done BN for doing a proper newspapers job which is exposing wrongs from anyone in public life for the rights of the people and credibility. Sad to see that once again we see the Human Rights card being used for reasons it was never meant for. Wonder if anyone who is a non criminal who reads this has had a human rights issue or knows someone who has. I know loads and none have,
They can run but they cant hide.. This will come out. Well done BN for doing a proper newspapers job which is exposing wrongs from anyone in public life for the rights of the people and credibility. Sad to see that once again we see the Human Rights card being used for reasons it was never meant for. Wonder if anyone who is a non criminal who reads this has had a human rights issue or knows someone who has. I know loads and none have, thomas222
  • Score: 98

6:46am Fri 1 Aug 14

Donkey Stone says...

The double standards and corruption within Bolton Council makes me want to throw up.
The double standards and corruption within Bolton Council makes me want to throw up. Donkey Stone
  • Score: 128

6:49am Fri 1 Aug 14

Delyth says...

Disgusting, the public have a right to know who they are.
Name and Shame!
Disgusting, the public have a right to know who they are. Name and Shame! Delyth
  • Score: 115

7:21am Fri 1 Aug 14

oftbewildered2 says...

does this mean that anybody who is summonsed to Court for non-payment will have their name withheld? (thought not).
does this mean that anybody who is summonsed to Court for non-payment will have their name withheld? (thought not). oftbewildered2
  • Score: 108

7:46am Fri 1 Aug 14

Ernagy2 says...

This is disgusting. The fact that Bolton council 'lawyers' were allowed to sit on the tribunal in a decision on Bolton Council is totally wrong.
This is disgusting. The fact that Bolton council 'lawyers' were allowed to sit on the tribunal in a decision on Bolton Council is totally wrong. Ernagy2
  • Score: 94

8:13am Fri 1 Aug 14

mo davies says...

typical or what
typical or what mo davies
  • Score: 40

8:14am Fri 1 Aug 14

suddy1 says...

Nothing about this Council shocks me anymore they're one step down from being MP's and look at the example they set.
Just look around you and see what they've done to Bolton town centre,ruined the Market Hall,built a four million pound arch way,knocked down lovely old buildings,built a multi million pound baths then knocked it down because it wasn't maintained properly.
And now spending millions on doing the Town Hall up so they can fit more council workers in nice air conditioned offices?
Theres plenty more too!
They are rotten to the core.
Nothing about this Council shocks me anymore they're one step down from being MP's and look at the example they set. Just look around you and see what they've done to Bolton town centre,ruined the Market Hall,built a four million pound arch way,knocked down lovely old buildings,built a multi million pound baths then knocked it down because it wasn't maintained properly. And now spending millions on doing the Town Hall up so they can fit more council workers in nice air conditioned offices? Theres plenty more too! They are rotten to the core. suddy1
  • Score: 90

8:14am Fri 1 Aug 14

marco999 says...

This is outrageous of course and does smack of double standards. In spite of the fact that this shady pair of defaulting councillor’s are protected by the human rights act, the council have a moral duty to make some kind of statement surely? Maybe a statement that goes some way to appease the many hard working folk of Bolton who despite struggling on low wages, manage to pay the extortionate council tax on time for fear of ending up in court and having the bailiffs on the doorstep?
This is outrageous of course and does smack of double standards. In spite of the fact that this shady pair of defaulting councillor’s are protected by the human rights act, the council have a moral duty to make some kind of statement surely? Maybe a statement that goes some way to appease the many hard working folk of Bolton who despite struggling on low wages, manage to pay the extortionate council tax on time for fear of ending up in court and having the bailiffs on the doorstep? marco999
  • Score: 81

8:39am Fri 1 Aug 14

Balboa says...

The courts seems to assume these 2 councillors will become distressed. Have they been asked?
The courts seems to assume these 2 councillors will become distressed. Have they been asked? Balboa
  • Score: 59

8:42am Fri 1 Aug 14

Steve l says...

Maybe the Bolton news should publish the names of all councillors who have paid their council tax
Maybe the Bolton news should publish the names of all councillors who have paid their council tax Steve l
  • Score: 146

8:50am Fri 1 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

What has the EU got anything to do with this case. The ECHR was set up by the British, and other allies, after World War II!!!

As it is, it hasn't even got to teh ECHR and as such it has come about due to current, and historic, Westminster laws which have been in place since the 19th Century!
What has the EU got anything to do with this case. The ECHR was set up by the British, and other allies, after World War II!!! As it is, it hasn't even got to teh ECHR and as such it has come about due to current, and historic, Westminster laws which have been in place since the 19th Century! nigella farrage
  • Score: -40

8:53am Fri 1 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Correct me if I am right, but, Thomas, were you not one of the few basically clamouring at the BN to name names and that the BN were not actually doing their job in naming the councillors???

Those who called the BN for the so-called cover up ought to feel ashamed of themselves as the BN were trying to get names, but have to do it through official routes or get heavily fined (or worst case scenario closed down by law).
Correct me if I am right, but, Thomas, were you not one of the few basically clamouring at the BN to name names and that the BN were not actually doing their job in naming the councillors??? Those who called the BN for the so-called cover up ought to feel ashamed of themselves as the BN were trying to get names, but have to do it through official routes or get heavily fined (or worst case scenario closed down by law). nigella farrage
  • Score: -46

8:54am Fri 1 Aug 14

Rememberscarborough says...

If they had any decency they would resign because they're quite clearly not fit and proper people to hold this office.

BTW - I bet the judge would have no problem naming me if I defaulted on my council tax. Establishment cronyism at its worst.
If they had any decency they would resign because they're quite clearly not fit and proper people to hold this office. BTW - I bet the judge would have no problem naming me if I defaulted on my council tax. Establishment cronyism at its worst. Rememberscarborough
  • Score: 73

8:58am Fri 1 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Suddy1

They are doing renovations to the town hall in order to move council departments into it from rented office spaces - so in this instance this will save council some thousands, if not millions, of pounds because they will not bne forking out money to private landlords (who have basically been milking the council for as much as they can get)
Suddy1 They are doing renovations to the town hall in order to move council departments into it from rented office spaces - so in this instance this will save council some thousands, if not millions, of pounds because they will not bne forking out money to private landlords (who have basically been milking the council for as much as they can get) nigella farrage
  • Score: -38

8:59am Fri 1 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Rememberscarborough - of course they would have no qualms in naming you, or me, or anyone else. That how much double standards there is in British law, over the many centuries.
Rememberscarborough - of course they would have no qualms in naming you, or me, or anyone else. That how much double standards there is in British law, over the many centuries. nigella farrage
  • Score: -39

9:03am Fri 1 Aug 14

Undetectableman says...

The public surely has a right to know to enable them to make an informed decision as to whether they wish to vote them in at their next due election date although ideally they should resign as a matter of principle.
The public surely has a right to know to enable them to make an informed decision as to whether they wish to vote them in at their next due election date although ideally they should resign as a matter of principle. Undetectableman
  • Score: 53

9:09am Fri 1 Aug 14

breightmet kid says...

Name and shame and be dammed to the law.
Name and shame and be dammed to the law. breightmet kid
  • Score: 41

9:10am Fri 1 Aug 14

Harold 1 says...

This is an outrage and needs to go national
This is an outrage and needs to go national Harold 1
  • Score: 51

9:16am Fri 1 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Rememberscarborough - of course they would have no qualms in naming you, or me, or anyone else. That how much double standards there is in British law, over the many centuries.
Can you ever live in the now for gods sake......
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Rememberscarborough - of course they would have no qualms in naming you, or me, or anyone else. That how much double standards there is in British law, over the many centuries.[/p][/quote]Can you ever live in the now for gods sake...... thomas222
  • Score: 18

9:18am Fri 1 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Suddy1

They are doing renovations to the town hall in order to move council departments into it from rented office spaces - so in this instance this will save council some thousands, if not millions, of pounds because they will not bne forking out money to private landlords (who have basically been milking the council for as much as they can get)
Why did the Council let them milk them in the first place ?
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Suddy1 They are doing renovations to the town hall in order to move council departments into it from rented office spaces - so in this instance this will save council some thousands, if not millions, of pounds because they will not bne forking out money to private landlords (who have basically been milking the council for as much as they can get)[/p][/quote]Why did the Council let them milk them in the first place ? thomas222
  • Score: 23

9:20am Fri 1 Aug 14

skintight says...

Steve l wrote:
Maybe the Bolton news should publish the names of all councillors who have paid their council tax
I think that's a cracking idea. Legal as well!!!
[quote][p][bold]Steve l[/bold] wrote: Maybe the Bolton news should publish the names of all councillors who have paid their council tax[/p][/quote]I think that's a cracking idea. Legal as well!!! skintight
  • Score: 71

9:23am Fri 1 Aug 14

suddy1 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Suddy1

They are doing renovations to the town hall in order to move council departments into it from rented office spaces - so in this instance this will save council some thousands, if not millions, of pounds because they will not bne forking out money to private landlords (who have basically been milking the council for as much as they can get)
They renovated Farnworth town hall for the same reason.
But part way through the building company they were using went bust,so after much debate they decided to use their own in house workers to finish the job,why not use them in first place?
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Suddy1 They are doing renovations to the town hall in order to move council departments into it from rented office spaces - so in this instance this will save council some thousands, if not millions, of pounds because they will not bne forking out money to private landlords (who have basically been milking the council for as much as they can get)[/p][/quote]They renovated Farnworth town hall for the same reason. But part way through the building company they were using went bust,so after much debate they decided to use their own in house workers to finish the job,why not use them in first place? suddy1
  • Score: 20

9:25am Fri 1 Aug 14

IvanCamposHair says...

As someone who thinks Councillors in Bolton do get something of a hard time around here, this is disgraceful.

I know some Councillors are incompetant but there are a few good ones amongst them who do have the towns best interests at heart. These two councillors are dragging their names through the mud.

They should have volunterily come forward a long time ago. While they are still anonymous the public will be looking at their own Councillors thinking, is it them?
As someone who thinks Councillors in Bolton do get something of a hard time around here, this is disgraceful. I know some Councillors are incompetant but there are a few good ones amongst them who do have the towns best interests at heart. These two councillors are dragging their names through the mud. They should have volunterily come forward a long time ago. While they are still anonymous the public will be looking at their own Councillors thinking, is it them? IvanCamposHair
  • Score: 34

9:29am Fri 1 Aug 14

boydell says...

All the councillors who HAVE paid their council tax should demand that these names are published because they will all be tarred with the same brush.
But then it might be the case that they are all doing the same thing and hoping to get away with it. As usual it will be Joe public who will, in the long run pick up the tab (court cases etc)
These offending councillors may have cleared their debts but did they have to pay court fees or were they fined ??......lets know.
All the councillors who HAVE paid their council tax should demand that these names are published because they will all be tarred with the same brush. But then it might be the case that they are all doing the same thing and hoping to get away with it. As usual it will be Joe public who will, in the long run pick up the tab (court cases etc) These offending councillors may have cleared their debts but did they have to pay court fees or were they fined ??......lets know. boydell
  • Score: 38

9:31am Fri 1 Aug 14

The Running Man says...

Name and shame so we know who not to waste our votes on. How many other people are embarrassed by what is written about them in the press? Where are their human rights?

If the councillors concerned had anything about them they would make a public apology, never mind hiding behind privacy legislation!
Name and shame so we know who not to waste our votes on. How many other people are embarrassed by what is written about them in the press? Where are their human rights? If the councillors concerned had anything about them they would make a public apology, never mind hiding behind privacy legislation! The Running Man
  • Score: 31

9:40am Fri 1 Aug 14

dave flitcroft says...

To protect personal data what a joke they have put my personal data up for sale to anyone willing to buy it. What a shower on jokers
To protect personal data what a joke they have put my personal data up for sale to anyone willing to buy it. What a shower on jokers dave flitcroft
  • Score: 42

9:59am Fri 1 Aug 14

Stevenrl says...

Ironic the behaviour of these two councillors on a week when we remember the World War 1 centenary and this weeks Bolton News features a WW2 VC hero . Ask not can your country do for you but what you can do for your country? What example do these councillors give to future generations?
Ironic the behaviour of these two councillors on a week when we remember the World War 1 centenary and this weeks Bolton News features a WW2 VC hero . Ask not can your country do for you but what you can do for your country? What example do these councillors give to future generations? Stevenrl
  • Score: 25

10:09am Fri 1 Aug 14

boydell says...

Undetectableman wrote:
The public surely has a right to know to enable them to make an informed decision as to whether they wish to vote them in at their next due election date although ideally they should resign as a matter of principle.
it is perhaps the case that these two councillors have NO principles!!
[quote][p][bold]Undetectableman[/bold] wrote: The public surely has a right to know to enable them to make an informed decision as to whether they wish to vote them in at their next due election date although ideally they should resign as a matter of principle.[/p][/quote]it is perhaps the case that these two councillors have NO principles!! boydell
  • Score: 34

10:33am Fri 1 Aug 14

Endoxa says...

Surely these two councillors are in breach of the members code of conduct which states that they "...should not place themselves in situations where their honesty and integrity may be questioned...". Why no sanctions for this breach? In any event and no matter what the reasons were for the non payment, I for one don't want people who cannot manage their own finances being involved in deciding how the whole town is run! Maybe others would disagree and would be prepared to support them. That's called democracy - which is currently being denied to the people of Bolton. Maybe we should become an annex of Russia or China?
Surely these two councillors are in breach of the members code of conduct which states that they "...should not place themselves in situations where their honesty and integrity may be questioned...". Why no sanctions for this breach? In any event and no matter what the reasons were for the non payment, I for one don't want people who cannot manage their own finances being involved in deciding how the whole town is run! Maybe others would disagree and would be prepared to support them. That's called democracy - which is currently being denied to the people of Bolton. Maybe we should become an annex of Russia or China? Endoxa
  • Score: 40

10:35am Fri 1 Aug 14

angelau4 says...

You can bet if I didn't pay my council tax my name would be printed
You can bet if I didn't pay my council tax my name would be printed angelau4
  • Score: 28

10:51am Fri 1 Aug 14

cazwivs33 says...

What has happened to equality in our democratic society?? The general public are named and shamed! Do we all have the right to protect our personal data if we break the law?
Double standards yet again from the people's people! ( What a joke)
What has happened to equality in our democratic society?? The general public are named and shamed! Do we all have the right to protect our personal data if we break the law? Double standards yet again from the people's people! ( What a joke) cazwivs33
  • Score: 22

11:09am Fri 1 Aug 14

mb63 says...

Bent as a nine bob note!
Get them ALL out at the next election!
Bent as a nine bob note! Get them ALL out at the next election! mb63
  • Score: 31

11:15am Fri 1 Aug 14

buskersball says...

Presume there's no injunction to name which councillors it ISNT?
Lets have a list of them then......confirmati
on of all the ones who DID pay.
Presume there's no injunction to name which councillors it ISNT? Lets have a list of them then......confirmati on of all the ones who DID pay. buskersball
  • Score: 23

11:29am Fri 1 Aug 14

catsden says...

Abysmal why are thy any different to anyone else, they should be named and shamed. So will I be correct in saying anyone who doesn't pay Council Tax will not be named. I DON'T THINK SO. Makes my blood boil, they are the ones that should be named, They should be setting an example. THEY WANT SACKING IMMEDIATLEY. THAT HAS CERTAINLY PUT ME OF VOTING IN THE NEXT LOCAL ELECTION, THIS COUNCIL MAKES ME SICK, THER WAS AN ARTICLE ABOUT HORWICH GOING WITH CHORLEY, ALL I CAN SAY SOONER THE BETTER, BOLTON COUNCIL IS HOPELESS. I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD REFUSE TO PAY THE COUNCIL TAX UNTIL THE TWO ARE NAMED.
Abysmal why are thy any different to anyone else, they should be named and shamed. So will I be correct in saying anyone who doesn't pay Council Tax will not be named. I DON'T THINK SO. Makes my blood boil, they are the ones that should be named, They should be setting an example. THEY WANT SACKING IMMEDIATLEY. THAT HAS CERTAINLY PUT ME OF VOTING IN THE NEXT LOCAL ELECTION, THIS COUNCIL MAKES ME SICK, THER WAS AN ARTICLE ABOUT HORWICH GOING WITH CHORLEY, ALL I CAN SAY SOONER THE BETTER, BOLTON COUNCIL IS HOPELESS. I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD REFUSE TO PAY THE COUNCIL TAX UNTIL THE TWO ARE NAMED. catsden
  • Score: 21

11:32am Fri 1 Aug 14

Bowden Boy says...

These Councillors??? should hang their heads in shame and fall on their swords. How can they possibly stand at the next election, or even attend council meetings to make decisions for the people of this once GREAT TOWN of BOLTON.
These Councillors??? should hang their heads in shame and fall on their swords. How can they possibly stand at the next election, or even attend council meetings to make decisions for the people of this once GREAT TOWN of BOLTON. Bowden Boy
  • Score: 17

11:40am Fri 1 Aug 14

Donkey Stone says...

Steve l wrote:
Maybe the Bolton news should publish the names of all councillors who have paid their council tax
I am very impressed by your lateral thinking. Well said sir.
[quote][p][bold]Steve l[/bold] wrote: Maybe the Bolton news should publish the names of all councillors who have paid their council tax[/p][/quote]I am very impressed by your lateral thinking. Well said sir. Donkey Stone
  • Score: 28

11:46am Fri 1 Aug 14

Hong Kong Fui says...

I would like to know who paid for their legal costs?
I would like to know who paid for their legal costs? Hong Kong Fui
  • Score: 24

11:53am Fri 1 Aug 14

johnnykilroy4 says...

A LAW FOR ONE AND A LAW FOR ANOTHER 😈
A LAW FOR ONE AND A LAW FOR ANOTHER 😈 johnnykilroy4
  • Score: 20

12:00pm Fri 1 Aug 14

John Edwards says...

I always paid a little in front so when I went on holiday it would be paid. (I pay monthly). When I returned home I had a demand for two weeks payment that I was short, to be paid immediately or I would be summoned. I also had a demand for two weeks tax for my late wife, for the two weeks she was alive in the month of May 1990. Same old tale, "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. This is our useless justice system and our council, bent as nine bob notes.
I always paid a little in front so when I went on holiday it would be paid. (I pay monthly). When I returned home I had a demand for two weeks payment that I was short, to be paid immediately or I would be summoned. I also had a demand for two weeks tax for my late wife, for the two weeks she was alive in the month of May 1990. Same old tale, "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. This is our useless justice system and our council, bent as nine bob notes. John Edwards
  • Score: 23

12:01pm Fri 1 Aug 14

FreedomOfSpeech1945 says...

No doubt it would be deemed 'racist'!
No doubt it would be deemed 'racist'! FreedomOfSpeech1945
  • Score: 16

12:01pm Fri 1 Aug 14

The Running Man says...

Donkey Stone wrote:
Steve l wrote:
Maybe the Bolton news should publish the names of all councillors who have paid their council tax
I am very impressed by your lateral thinking. Well said sir.
Mm, sounds reasonable to me. Come on BN just print the names of councillors who have paid their council tax. Surely there are no laws against praising people for doing the right thing, are there?
[quote][p][bold]Donkey Stone[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steve l[/bold] wrote: Maybe the Bolton news should publish the names of all councillors who have paid their council tax[/p][/quote]I am very impressed by your lateral thinking. Well said sir.[/p][/quote]Mm, sounds reasonable to me. Come on BN just print the names of councillors who have paid their council tax. Surely there are no laws against praising people for doing the right thing, are there? The Running Man
  • Score: 24

12:05pm Fri 1 Aug 14

denraw says...

Why haven't the two councillors been booted off the Council? Not paying their council tax is very similar to MPs fiddling their expenses. But of course we're talking about Bolton where officials and councillors alike appear to get away with almost everything.
Why haven't the two councillors been booted off the Council? Not paying their council tax is very similar to MPs fiddling their expenses. But of course we're talking about Bolton where officials and councillors alike appear to get away with almost everything. denraw
  • Score: 23

12:10pm Fri 1 Aug 14

knowledgeiskey says...

Anyone else would have had the summons within 6 weeks of a missed payment and bailiffs at their door... but these two managed two years without rebuke until now... smacks of double standards throughout the system..
Anyone else would have had the summons within 6 weeks of a missed payment and bailiffs at their door... but these two managed two years without rebuke until now... smacks of double standards throughout the system.. knowledgeiskey
  • Score: 24

12:26pm Fri 1 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Although I am not upholding what they have done - in fact if it was any of us we would be named and shamed. BUT going back to the original report, many moons ago, the councillors never actually went to court as the outstanding debts were resolved before any case started. Therefore to say they should "fall on their sword" is a bit wrong as they did , eventually, pay their dues without court action.
Although I am not upholding what they have done - in fact if it was any of us we would be named and shamed. BUT going back to the original report, many moons ago, the councillors never actually went to court as the outstanding debts were resolved before any case started. Therefore to say they should "fall on their sword" is a bit wrong as they did , eventually, pay their dues without court action. nigella farrage
  • Score: -61

12:27pm Fri 1 Aug 14

boltonnut says...

You could name these two councillors but you couldn't shame them,they are hard faced bent buggars.
You could name these two councillors but you couldn't shame them,they are hard faced bent buggars. boltonnut
  • Score: 30

12:29pm Fri 1 Aug 14

renovatedhouserunner says...

Paying council tax for bad services, junkies to get off their heads, bums to laze about, people who expect their house to be paid for them, free money for them, people getting rich by renting houses out to family members paid by council, libraries to be closed, bad schools, pools which I can't use cos they are being hired out so the council makes money, bad football pitches, terrible roads, all these things cause me distress and worry but as I've been brought up to work hard and pay my bills I just keep doing it. I really don't know why I bother!!! Name, shame and sack these two greedy dishonest freeloaders now!!!!!!!!*!!****!!
!!*@@!!@@
Paying council tax for bad services, junkies to get off their heads, bums to laze about, people who expect their house to be paid for them, free money for them, people getting rich by renting houses out to family members paid by council, libraries to be closed, bad schools, pools which I can't use cos they are being hired out so the council makes money, bad football pitches, terrible roads, all these things cause me distress and worry but as I've been brought up to work hard and pay my bills I just keep doing it. I really don't know why I bother!!! Name, shame and sack these two greedy dishonest freeloaders now!!!!!!!!*!!****!! !!*@@!!@@ renovatedhouserunner
  • Score: 25

12:49pm Fri 1 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Thomas222, @9:16
"nigella farrage wrote:
Rememberscarborough - of course they would have no qualms in naming you, or me, or anyone else. That how much double standards there is in British law, over the many centuries."
Can you ever live in the now for gods sake......


Err that is because the laws that were created in that era are part of the modern world as they have never changed nor been repealed and as such teh present is in the past and vice versa!

Question should be, if you had read my post correctly then there would have been no mis-understanding, therefore, is English your first language? Or do you have qualifications to say that you English is of a high standard?
Thomas222, @9:16 "nigella farrage wrote: Rememberscarborough - of course they would have no qualms in naming you, or me, or anyone else. That how much double standards there is in British law, over the many centuries." Can you ever live in the now for gods sake...... Err that is because the laws that were created in that era are part of the modern world as they have never changed nor been repealed and as such teh present is in the past and vice versa! Question should be, if you had read my post correctly then there would have been no mis-understanding, therefore, is English your first language? Or do you have qualifications to say that you English is of a high standard? nigella farrage
  • Score: -77

1:21pm Fri 1 Aug 14

JustBecause says...

Section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 makes it an offence for a councillor in council tax arrears (with at least two months unpaid bills) to vote at a meeting of the council, a committee or of the council’s executive where financial matters relating to council tax are being considered. It is also an offence if any such councillor present, who is aware of the arrears, fails to disclose that they are in arrears of council tax.

Was an offence committed ? another angle to go down perhaps BN
Section 106 of the Local Government Finance Act 1992 makes it an offence for a councillor in council tax arrears (with at least two months unpaid bills) to vote at a meeting of the council, a committee or of the council’s executive where financial matters relating to council tax are being considered. It is also an offence if any such councillor present, who is aware of the arrears, fails to disclose that they are in arrears of council tax. Was an offence committed ? another angle to go down perhaps BN JustBecause
  • Score: 24

1:22pm Fri 1 Aug 14

sallyupsteps says...

Bowden Boy wrote:
These Councillors??? should hang their heads in shame and fall on their swords. How can they possibly stand at the next election, or even attend council meetings to make decisions for the people of this once GREAT TOWN of BOLTON.
They will stand at the next election because they are on a nice little earner. I will be asking my councillors have they paid up?
[quote][p][bold]Bowden Boy[/bold] wrote: These Councillors??? should hang their heads in shame and fall on their swords. How can they possibly stand at the next election, or even attend council meetings to make decisions for the people of this once GREAT TOWN of BOLTON.[/p][/quote]They will stand at the next election because they are on a nice little earner. I will be asking my councillors have they paid up? sallyupsteps
  • Score: 17

1:22pm Fri 1 Aug 14

julie blyth says...

Disgusting should be named and shamed
Disgusting should be named and shamed julie blyth
  • Score: 16

1:32pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Citizen Cane says...

If sufficient council tax payers sign a petition led by the BN and addressed to the leaders of the labour and conservative councils to say that they will not vote either labour or conservative unless the offenders are voluntarily named, then I think that something will happen.

How about it BN? Have you got the guts for this? A great way to get the town behind the crusading BN.
If sufficient council tax payers sign a petition led by the BN and addressed to the leaders of the labour and conservative councils to say that they will not vote either labour or conservative unless the offenders are voluntarily named, then I think that something will happen. How about it BN? Have you got the guts for this? A great way to get the town behind the crusading BN. Citizen Cane
  • Score: 15

2:06pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Terry McC says...

Someone must have forget to do their claims form oh dear never mind me and you would have the Bailiff round by now with £300 on top for the pleasure got to be named and shamed see what stupid excuse they come up with
Someone must have forget to do their claims form oh dear never mind me and you would have the Bailiff round by now with £300 on top for the pleasure got to be named and shamed see what stupid excuse they come up with Terry McC
  • Score: 8

2:24pm Fri 1 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

skintight wrote:
Steve l wrote:
Maybe the Bolton news should publish the names of all councillors who have paid their council tax
I think that's a cracking idea. Legal as well!!!
I don't think it's that easy, BN would still get into trouble. I'm sure it will come out in time. Also look out for councilors resigning.
[quote][p][bold]skintight[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Steve l[/bold] wrote: Maybe the Bolton news should publish the names of all councillors who have paid their council tax[/p][/quote]I think that's a cracking idea. Legal as well!!![/p][/quote]I don't think it's that easy, BN would still get into trouble. I'm sure it will come out in time. Also look out for councilors resigning. pradagucci
  • Score: -21

2:31pm Fri 1 Aug 14

By George says...

We must examine the criteria what is expected of an elected member of the Council, the council tax set by the elected members is in itself law and all citizens are expected to pay , minus any reduction for single occupancy, benefits etc. When setting the next council tax would these two Councillors be allowed to vote? Should the two not resign? Councillors are normally hard faced, they need to be as politicians, so any embarrassment they would suffer is no different to some of the insensitive decisions they make which actually distress many people they represent. If I was to live in Bolton I would want to know who these two are. So a direct message to the untouchables, let your fellow Councillors off the suspicion list be a man or a woman and own up. Then Resign, ps I know you are reading this
We must examine the criteria what is expected of an elected member of the Council, the council tax set by the elected members is in itself law and all citizens are expected to pay , minus any reduction for single occupancy, benefits etc. When setting the next council tax would these two Councillors be allowed to vote? Should the two not resign? Councillors are normally hard faced, they need to be as politicians, so any embarrassment they would suffer is no different to some of the insensitive decisions they make which actually distress many people they represent. If I was to live in Bolton I would want to know who these two are. So a direct message to the untouchables, let your fellow Councillors off the suspicion list be a man or a woman and own up. Then Resign, ps I know you are reading this By George
  • Score: 10

2:34pm Fri 1 Aug 14

waste watcher says...

Well There is a way round everything just print the namesof those who had paid their council tax. SIMPLES.
has this set the precident for anyone brought before the court to site article 8 so as not to be named.
These councillors should have been named because if everyone didnt pay when they should the services would collapse.
I am sure as with the MPs it will be put down to human error.
Anyone strapped for cash should stop paying and when faced with court sort out a payment plan to pay back or better still become a councillor.
Well There is a way round everything just print the namesof those who had paid their council tax. SIMPLES. has this set the precident for anyone brought before the court to site article 8 so as not to be named. These councillors should have been named because if everyone didnt pay when they should the services would collapse. I am sure as with the MPs it will be put down to human error. Anyone strapped for cash should stop paying and when faced with court sort out a payment plan to pay back or better still become a councillor. waste watcher
  • Score: 10

2:39pm Fri 1 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

This is mafia stuff!!!!
This is mafia stuff!!!! pradagucci
  • Score: -22

2:55pm Fri 1 Aug 14

marco999 says...

I only visit Bolton town centre on the odd occasion to do some banking as I did today. I walked from the market to Knowsely street and for the first time in my 50 years I actually felt unsafe. The large gangs of swarthy looking eastern European people skulking about on every corner was positively threatening. The precinct is now beyond shabby with little or no shops to entice anyone with more than a pound to spend - what happened to Bolton? What happened to the time when being a Councillor was regarded as respectable and a position to aspire to? What happened? Shame.
I only visit Bolton town centre on the odd occasion to do some banking as I did today. I walked from the market to Knowsely street and for the first time in my 50 years I actually felt unsafe. The large gangs of swarthy looking eastern European people skulking about on every corner was positively threatening. The precinct is now beyond shabby with little or no shops to entice anyone with more than a pound to spend - what happened to Bolton? What happened to the time when being a Councillor was regarded as respectable and a position to aspire to? What happened? Shame. marco999
  • Score: 27

2:59pm Fri 1 Aug 14

stantheman133 says...

Cobblers- if they don't pay there council tax they shouldn't be counsellors.
Cobblers- if they don't pay there council tax they shouldn't be counsellors. stantheman133
  • Score: 10

3:25pm Fri 1 Aug 14

denraw says...

Someone somewhere in Bolton must know the names of the two. Surely there are many way of communicating the information without using the Bolton News?
Someone somewhere in Bolton must know the names of the two. Surely there are many way of communicating the information without using the Bolton News? denraw
  • Score: 13

3:30pm Fri 1 Aug 14

bolton cat says...

seems just like the house of commons and Lords . M.P.'s , councillors ,Lords and alike have issued double standards in this country no matter what side they're batting for , they all for N01 everytime . If your white , English and working class ,you are deemed the lowest life form in the country ...while other pond-life coming into this country are held in high esteem !
seems just like the house of commons and Lords . M.P.'s , councillors ,Lords and alike have issued double standards in this country no matter what side they're batting for , they all for N01 everytime . If your white , English and working class ,you are deemed the lowest life form in the country ...while other pond-life coming into this country are held in high esteem ! bolton cat
  • Score: 13

3:34pm Fri 1 Aug 14

bolton cat says...

double standards again for the hierachy !... if any of the rest of us failed to pay we would be in the B.E.N. FRONTPAGE SPREAD !!.....
double standards again for the hierachy !... if any of the rest of us failed to pay we would be in the B.E.N. FRONTPAGE SPREAD !!..... bolton cat
  • Score: 8

3:55pm Fri 1 Aug 14

hazdbfs says...

What utter ****. Get them named!
What utter ****. Get them named! hazdbfs
  • Score: 11

5:56pm Fri 1 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

marco999 wrote:
I only visit Bolton town centre on the odd occasion to do some banking as I did today. I walked from the market to Knowsely street and for the first time in my 50 years I actually felt unsafe. The large gangs of swarthy looking eastern European people skulking about on every corner was positively threatening. The precinct is now beyond shabby with little or no shops to entice anyone with more than a pound to spend - what happened to Bolton? What happened to the time when being a Councillor was regarded as respectable and a position to aspire to? What happened? Shame.
I and many other Asians have always felt unsafe lol your comment is amazing! There are more white British people in town than eustern Europeans, that's why most of us just go Trafford centre now. Same principal with public transport buses, trains 100% you get a racist or funny look, glad you have joined the club so you know how it feels.
[quote][p][bold]marco999[/bold] wrote: I only visit Bolton town centre on the odd occasion to do some banking as I did today. I walked from the market to Knowsely street and for the first time in my 50 years I actually felt unsafe. The large gangs of swarthy looking eastern European people skulking about on every corner was positively threatening. The precinct is now beyond shabby with little or no shops to entice anyone with more than a pound to spend - what happened to Bolton? What happened to the time when being a Councillor was regarded as respectable and a position to aspire to? What happened? Shame.[/p][/quote]I and many other Asians have always felt unsafe lol your comment is amazing! There are more white British people in town than eustern Europeans, that's why most of us just go Trafford centre now. Same principal with public transport buses, trains 100% you get a racist or funny look, glad you have joined the club so you know how it feels. pradagucci
  • Score: -21

6:01pm Fri 1 Aug 14

jimiley says...

Tell you what, name all the councillors who have fully paid up their council tax on time....
Tell you what, name all the councillors who have fully paid up their council tax on time.... jimiley
  • Score: 7

6:15pm Fri 1 Aug 14

the hand says...

Why are people so shocked by this story we all think councillors have been drinking from the gravy train so why would one or two not pay the council tax if our councillors where honest with the voters their party's would make them resign or sack them but they won't because they don't give a **** about us all they are interested in is filling deep pockets
Why are people so shocked by this story we all think councillors have been drinking from the gravy train so why would one or two not pay the council tax if our councillors where honest with the voters their party's would make them resign or sack them but they won't because they don't give a **** about us all they are interested in is filling deep pockets the hand
  • Score: 8

6:28pm Fri 1 Aug 14

holloway_david says...

One Labour and one Conservative, what a surprise!

Best way to deal with this is not to vote for either of the two parties next time as a protest vote.
One Labour and one Conservative, what a surprise! Best way to deal with this is not to vote for either of the two parties next time as a protest vote. holloway_david
  • Score: 5

6:31pm Fri 1 Aug 14

tr1kky says...

Remember a time when they used to name and shame non payers of council tax (poll tax) same thing as far as I'm concerned!
The b.e.n used to have a page with all non payers names printed.
All those people named and shamed back in the day, what about their human rights and the distress it caused them?
Double standards!!
Remember a time when they used to name and shame non payers of council tax (poll tax) same thing as far as I'm concerned! The b.e.n used to have a page with all non payers names printed. All those people named and shamed back in the day, what about their human rights and the distress it caused them? Double standards!! tr1kky
  • Score: 9

6:42pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Dirty Hamed says...

pradagucci wrote:
marco999 wrote:
I only visit Bolton town centre on the odd occasion to do some banking as I did today. I walked from the market to Knowsely street and for the first time in my 50 years I actually felt unsafe. The large gangs of swarthy looking eastern European people skulking about on every corner was positively threatening. The precinct is now beyond shabby with little or no shops to entice anyone with more than a pound to spend - what happened to Bolton? What happened to the time when being a Councillor was regarded as respectable and a position to aspire to? What happened? Shame.
I and many other Asians have always felt unsafe lol your comment is amazing! There are more white British people in town than eustern Europeans, that's why most of us just go Trafford centre now. Same principal with public transport buses, trains 100% you get a racist or funny look, glad you have joined the club so you know how it feels.
Can't have bothered you that much ! maybe you should have took the hint though regarding your not too distant future.
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]marco999[/bold] wrote: I only visit Bolton town centre on the odd occasion to do some banking as I did today. I walked from the market to Knowsely street and for the first time in my 50 years I actually felt unsafe. The large gangs of swarthy looking eastern European people skulking about on every corner was positively threatening. The precinct is now beyond shabby with little or no shops to entice anyone with more than a pound to spend - what happened to Bolton? What happened to the time when being a Councillor was regarded as respectable and a position to aspire to? What happened? Shame.[/p][/quote]I and many other Asians have always felt unsafe lol your comment is amazing! There are more white British people in town than eustern Europeans, that's why most of us just go Trafford centre now. Same principal with public transport buses, trains 100% you get a racist or funny look, glad you have joined the club so you know how it feels.[/p][/quote]Can't have bothered you that much ! maybe you should have took the hint though regarding your not too distant future. Dirty Hamed
  • Score: 4

6:42pm Fri 1 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

holloway_david wrote:
One Labour and one Conservative, what a surprise!

Best way to deal with this is not to vote for either of the two parties next time as a protest vote.
How do you know it's a Labour or a Conservative councillor? Could be BNP, UKIP anyone. Or is BNP/UKIP immune from such actions being the angels they are?
[quote][p][bold]holloway_david[/bold] wrote: One Labour and one Conservative, what a surprise! Best way to deal with this is not to vote for either of the two parties next time as a protest vote.[/p][/quote]How do you know it's a Labour or a Conservative councillor? Could be BNP, UKIP anyone. Or is BNP/UKIP immune from such actions being the angels they are? pradagucci
  • Score: -22

6:45pm Fri 1 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

johnnykilroy4 wrote:
A LAW FOR ONE AND A LAW FOR ANOTHER 😈
Just like Israel and Palestine. One rule for Israel (do as you wish) and another for everyone else.
[quote][p][bold]johnnykilroy4[/bold] wrote: A LAW FOR ONE AND A LAW FOR ANOTHER 😈[/p][/quote]Just like Israel and Palestine. One rule for Israel (do as you wish) and another for everyone else. pradagucci
  • Score: -25

6:45pm Fri 1 Aug 14

JustBecause says...

If they where in arrears for some time (something we need to know) then they could can no longer effectively do their elected roles under section 106, if so, the public has the right to know that they can no longer be represented by the councillors on certain matters.

A simple option for this is to write to each and every councillor and ask them if they have ever defaulted with their council tax which resulted in a summons?
If they where in arrears for some time (something we need to know) then they could can no longer effectively do their elected roles under section 106, if so, the public has the right to know that they can no longer be represented by the councillors on certain matters. A simple option for this is to write to each and every councillor and ask them if they have ever defaulted with their council tax which resulted in a summons? JustBecause
  • Score: 6

6:48pm Fri 1 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

Dirty Hamed wrote:
pradagucci wrote:
marco999 wrote:
I only visit Bolton town centre on the odd occasion to do some banking as I did today. I walked from the market to Knowsely street and for the first time in my 50 years I actually felt unsafe. The large gangs of swarthy looking eastern European people skulking about on every corner was positively threatening. The precinct is now beyond shabby with little or no shops to entice anyone with more than a pound to spend - what happened to Bolton? What happened to the time when being a Councillor was regarded as respectable and a position to aspire to? What happened? Shame.
I and many other Asians have always felt unsafe lol your comment is amazing! There are more white British people in town than eustern Europeans, that's why most of us just go Trafford centre now. Same principal with public transport buses, trains 100% you get a racist or funny look, glad you have joined the club so you know how it feels.
Can't have bothered you that much ! maybe you should have took the hint though regarding your not too distant future.
Looks like you got the hint! May I recommend you do your banking online next time!
[quote][p][bold]Dirty Hamed[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]marco999[/bold] wrote: I only visit Bolton town centre on the odd occasion to do some banking as I did today. I walked from the market to Knowsely street and for the first time in my 50 years I actually felt unsafe. The large gangs of swarthy looking eastern European people skulking about on every corner was positively threatening. The precinct is now beyond shabby with little or no shops to entice anyone with more than a pound to spend - what happened to Bolton? What happened to the time when being a Councillor was regarded as respectable and a position to aspire to? What happened? Shame.[/p][/quote]I and many other Asians have always felt unsafe lol your comment is amazing! There are more white British people in town than eustern Europeans, that's why most of us just go Trafford centre now. Same principal with public transport buses, trains 100% you get a racist or funny look, glad you have joined the club so you know how it feels.[/p][/quote]Can't have bothered you that much ! maybe you should have took the hint though regarding your not too distant future.[/p][/quote]Looks like you got the hint! May I recommend you do your banking online next time! pradagucci
  • Score: -10

6:58pm Fri 1 Aug 14

hecky fleck lass says...

We have a vote USE it Bolton Council needs a good clearout ! Bolton isnt a town to be proud of .The new outdoor market looks like a shambolick car boot sale The council have ripped the heart out of our town and will countinue to do so unless Boltonians say enough is enough.
We have a vote USE it Bolton Council needs a good clearout ! Bolton isnt a town to be proud of .The new outdoor market looks like a shambolick car boot sale The council have ripped the heart out of our town and will countinue to do so unless Boltonians say enough is enough. hecky fleck lass
  • Score: 6

7:05pm Fri 1 Aug 14

artistpaint says...

Time some truths came out.pair of scum.imagine what the scale of robbing off the people is higher up.this is just the bottom rung of scumdom
Time some truths came out.pair of scum.imagine what the scale of robbing off the people is higher up.this is just the bottom rung of scumdom artistpaint
  • Score: 3

7:12pm Fri 1 Aug 14

artistpaint says...

Makes you wonder abt whats going on in this country.what with corruption in the highest places.bad judgements in court.billions sent to other places in aid.full media bias and propaganda in the news.what a **** joke on the people
Makes you wonder abt whats going on in this country.what with corruption in the highest places.bad judgements in court.billions sent to other places in aid.full media bias and propaganda in the news.what a **** joke on the people artistpaint
  • Score: 3

7:24pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Dolci Vita says...

Name and shame them! Good idea that Bolton News prints list of Councillors who have paid Council Tax this would highlight the non payers.
Shame on them. What's right for one should be right for another...if we did not pay the Council tax we would have the bailiffs show up at our door, our possessions taken and be shamed in the neighbourhood.
Labour and Conservative Councillors are protecting them...closing ranks I think its called. Corruption and more corruption. The non payers should be exposed and resign.
This Labour Council has been in power in Bolton for 30 years or more, they are no more than a dictatorship...what they say goes whatever the public opinion. So if you don't want change keep voting for them. The Conservative councillors are impotent...what they say is of no consequent because they are the minority in the council chamber. Vote UKIP.
Name and shame them! Good idea that Bolton News prints list of Councillors who have paid Council Tax this would highlight the non payers. Shame on them. What's right for one should be right for another...if we did not pay the Council tax we would have the bailiffs show up at our door, our possessions taken and be shamed in the neighbourhood. Labour and Conservative Councillors are protecting them...closing ranks I think its called. Corruption and more corruption. The non payers should be exposed and resign. This Labour Council has been in power in Bolton for 30 years or more, they are no more than a dictatorship...what they say goes whatever the public opinion. So if you don't want change keep voting for them. The Conservative councillors are impotent...what they say is of no consequent because they are the minority in the council chamber. Vote UKIP. Dolci Vita
  • Score: 5

7:31pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Ernagy2 says...

One thing though. What happened to the old motto "lets publish and be damned"?
One thing though. What happened to the old motto "lets publish and be damned"? Ernagy2
  • Score: 9

7:36pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Dolci Vita says...

Ernagy2 wrote:
One thing though. What happened to the old motto "lets publish and be damned"?
Exactly!
[quote][p][bold]Ernagy2[/bold] wrote: One thing though. What happened to the old motto "lets publish and be damned"?[/p][/quote]Exactly! Dolci Vita
  • Score: 3

7:50pm Fri 1 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Be published and be damned?

In today's world which would mean the closure f the paper because of the courts costs and because they were going against what has bee delivered the fines would be extortionate.

Look what happened to Thames TV when they did their "Death on the Rocks" documentary - they lost their franchise and now they are only a small company within the Fremantle/RTL group. look what happened to World In action when they did some stories about the Government - Granada got heavily fined, almost went bankrupt and were forced to end World In action and we ended up with The tonight programme. How many local papers have been forced to close because they went against the law - far too many to mention.

If you want the paper to survive and to keep the comments going for many people's so-called opinions then the BN has to stay within the law!!!
Be published and be damned? In today's world which would mean the closure f the paper because of the courts costs and because they were going against what has bee delivered the fines would be extortionate. Look what happened to Thames TV when they did their "Death on the Rocks" documentary - they lost their franchise and now they are only a small company within the Fremantle/RTL group. look what happened to World In action when they did some stories about the Government - Granada got heavily fined, almost went bankrupt and were forced to end World In action and we ended up with The tonight programme. How many local papers have been forced to close because they went against the law - far too many to mention. If you want the paper to survive and to keep the comments going for many people's so-called opinions then the BN has to stay within the law!!! nigella farrage
  • Score: -37

7:56pm Fri 1 Aug 14

The original wd says...

pradagucci wrote:
holloway_david wrote:
One Labour and one Conservative, what a surprise!

Best way to deal with this is not to vote for either of the two parties next time as a protest vote.
How do you know it's a Labour or a Conservative councillor? Could be BNP, UKIP anyone. Or is BNP/UKIP immune from such actions being the angels they are?
probably because they read the story before commenting, obviously you didn't
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]holloway_david[/bold] wrote: One Labour and one Conservative, what a surprise! Best way to deal with this is not to vote for either of the two parties next time as a protest vote.[/p][/quote]How do you know it's a Labour or a Conservative councillor? Could be BNP, UKIP anyone. Or is BNP/UKIP immune from such actions being the angels they are?[/p][/quote]probably because they read the story before commenting, obviously you didn't The original wd
  • Score: 8

8:12pm Fri 1 Aug 14

artistpaint says...

The only way to make real comments is with big banners on the streets....
The only way to make real comments is with big banners on the streets.... artistpaint
  • Score: 2

8:15pm Fri 1 Aug 14

artistpaint says...

Joe public is ripped off in this bias corrupt age of mass media.run by corrupt back handers.read between the lines and root out the truth
Joe public is ripped off in this bias corrupt age of mass media.run by corrupt back handers.read between the lines and root out the truth artistpaint
  • Score: 2

8:34pm Fri 1 Aug 14

wsw69 says...

Bent and as corrupt as f**k!

Pure ba5tard low-life councilor's, bent and corrupt. The judges are no better either. One rule for one and one rule for the so called 'elite'.

I wouldn't p155 on any of them if I found them on fire, including the judges.

Make sure the same 'rules' apply to us mere mortals, many who struggle to pay the ludicrous council tax.

A country and a council run by 'two hats' of the first grade.
Bent and as corrupt as f**k! Pure ba5tard low-life councilor's, bent and corrupt. The judges are no better either. One rule for one and one rule for the so called 'elite'. I wouldn't p155 on any of them if I found them on fire, including the judges. Make sure the same 'rules' apply to us mere mortals, many who struggle to pay the ludicrous council tax. A country and a council run by 'two hats' of the first grade. wsw69
  • Score: 20

8:39pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Dolci Vita says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Be published and be damned?

In today's world which would mean the closure f the paper because of the courts costs and because they were going against what has bee delivered the fines would be extortionate.

Look what happened to Thames TV when they did their "Death on the Rocks" documentary - they lost their franchise and now they are only a small company within the Fremantle/RTL group. look what happened to World In action when they did some stories about the Government - Granada got heavily fined, almost went bankrupt and were forced to end World In action and we ended up with The tonight programme. How many local papers have been forced to close because they went against the law - far too many to mention.

If you want the paper to survive and to keep the comments going for many people's so-called opinions then the BN has to stay within the law!!!
OK. That's a fair comment. So what's wrong with publishing the Councillors who paid their council tax.....then we would know who did not.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Be published and be damned? In today's world which would mean the closure f the paper because of the courts costs and because they were going against what has bee delivered the fines would be extortionate. Look what happened to Thames TV when they did their "Death on the Rocks" documentary - they lost their franchise and now they are only a small company within the Fremantle/RTL group. look what happened to World In action when they did some stories about the Government - Granada got heavily fined, almost went bankrupt and were forced to end World In action and we ended up with The tonight programme. How many local papers have been forced to close because they went against the law - far too many to mention. If you want the paper to survive and to keep the comments going for many people's so-called opinions then the BN has to stay within the law!!![/p][/quote]OK. That's a fair comment. So what's wrong with publishing the Councillors who paid their council tax.....then we would know who did not. Dolci Vita
  • Score: 5

8:43pm Fri 1 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Dolca Vits

It seems you have got your maths wrong.

Labour has only been in power since 2011. Between 2003 and 2011 none of the parties had overall control - in fact during that period it was the LibDems that had the final say on what happened in the town, such as selling The Market Hall and the closure of The Water Place (although they were cross party decisions but LibDems put pen to paper)
Dolca Vits It seems you have got your maths wrong. Labour has only been in power since 2011. Between 2003 and 2011 none of the parties had overall control - in fact during that period it was the LibDems that had the final say on what happened in the town, such as selling The Market Hall and the closure of The Water Place (although they were cross party decisions but LibDems put pen to paper) nigella farrage
  • Score: -42

8:47pm Fri 1 Aug 14

wsw69 says...

Dolci Vita wrote:
nigella farrage wrote:
Be published and be damned?

In today's world which would mean the closure f the paper because of the courts costs and because they were going against what has bee delivered the fines would be extortionate.

Look what happened to Thames TV when they did their "Death on the Rocks" documentary - they lost their franchise and now they are only a small company within the Fremantle/RTL group. look what happened to World In action when they did some stories about the Government - Granada got heavily fined, almost went bankrupt and were forced to end World In action and we ended up with The tonight programme. How many local papers have been forced to close because they went against the law - far too many to mention.

If you want the paper to survive and to keep the comments going for many people's so-called opinions then the BN has to stay within the law!!!
OK. That's a fair comment. So what's wrong with publishing the Councillors who paid their council tax.....then we would know who did not.
That would be the best way. As the councilors who had not paid must not be named there is nowt stopping the ones who have paid from being named.

Because we live in so called democracy that is really f**k all like a democracy. It reeks of pure 5h1t and we are just a number.

Every ba5tard and ba5tardess who is in a position of power are **** with power. They are control freaks and fit for absolutely sweet f**k all.
[quote][p][bold]Dolci Vita[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Be published and be damned? In today's world which would mean the closure f the paper because of the courts costs and because they were going against what has bee delivered the fines would be extortionate. Look what happened to Thames TV when they did their "Death on the Rocks" documentary - they lost their franchise and now they are only a small company within the Fremantle/RTL group. look what happened to World In action when they did some stories about the Government - Granada got heavily fined, almost went bankrupt and were forced to end World In action and we ended up with The tonight programme. How many local papers have been forced to close because they went against the law - far too many to mention. If you want the paper to survive and to keep the comments going for many people's so-called opinions then the BN has to stay within the law!!![/p][/quote]OK. That's a fair comment. So what's wrong with publishing the Councillors who paid their council tax.....then we would know who did not.[/p][/quote]That would be the best way. As the councilors who had not paid must not be named there is nowt stopping the ones who have paid from being named. Because we live in so called democracy that is really f**k all like a democracy. It reeks of pure 5h1t and we are just a number. Every ba5tard and ba5tardess who is in a position of power are **** with power. They are control freaks and fit for absolutely sweet f**k all. wsw69
  • Score: 14

8:52pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Mr Happynotsad says...

I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin.
I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin. Mr Happynotsad
  • Score: 14

8:57pm Fri 1 Aug 14

wsw69 says...

Mr Happynotsad wrote:
I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin.
Well, we can't have the politically correct ethnic apple cart upset now, can we?
[quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin.[/p][/quote]Well, we can't have the politically correct ethnic apple cart upset now, can we? wsw69
  • Score: 17

9:00pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Mr Happynotsad says...

Just like 8 out of the 12 councillors who voted in favour of the super mosque being build were Asian dispite a few thousand more voted against building but hey guess what racist card appears if anyone challenges just like these two who haven't paid there council tax.
Just like 8 out of the 12 councillors who voted in favour of the super mosque being build were Asian dispite a few thousand more voted against building but hey guess what racist card appears if anyone challenges just like these two who haven't paid there council tax. Mr Happynotsad
  • Score: 13

9:05pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Mr Happynotsad says...

Should get there pictures blown up and hung off ever street corner to show who they are but probably get arrested for it even though I pay all my taxes and law abiding citizen.
Should get there pictures blown up and hung off ever street corner to show who they are but probably get arrested for it even though I pay all my taxes and law abiding citizen. Mr Happynotsad
  • Score: 3

9:20pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Dolci Vita says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Dolca Vits

It seems you have got your maths wrong.

Labour has only been in power since 2011. Between 2003 and 2011 none of the parties had overall control - in fact during that period it was the LibDems that had the final say on what happened in the town, such as selling The Market Hall and the closure of The Water Place (although they were cross party decisions but LibDems put pen to paper)
I beg your pardon. For the past 30 years we have had a labour controlled council. Lib Dems did nothing for the benefit of our town., In Westminster the Lib Dems gave the majority vote for the so called bedroom tax. They are bedfellows of the Conservatives. Vote UKIP.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Dolca Vits It seems you have got your maths wrong. Labour has only been in power since 2011. Between 2003 and 2011 none of the parties had overall control - in fact during that period it was the LibDems that had the final say on what happened in the town, such as selling The Market Hall and the closure of The Water Place (although they were cross party decisions but LibDems put pen to paper)[/p][/quote]I beg your pardon. For the past 30 years we have had a labour controlled council. Lib Dems did nothing for the benefit of our town., In Westminster the Lib Dems gave the majority vote for the so called bedroom tax. They are bedfellows of the Conservatives. Vote UKIP. Dolci Vita
  • Score: 6

9:59pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Beyond News Forum says...

Um... My guess is that if we the people did the same PRIOR to a court case for non-payment... we would get the same non-publication?

The standard has been set no?

This IS a very public interest case...

As one correspondent said... BN print the names of those that have paid up.
Um... My guess is that if we the people did the same PRIOR to a court case for non-payment... we would get the same non-publication? The standard has been set no? This IS a very public interest case... As one correspondent said... BN print the names of those that have paid up. Beyond News Forum
  • Score: 2

10:00pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Beyond News Forum says...

THIS is pi$$ funny...

Quote:

"We take our responsibility to protect personal data very seriously and each application for the release of information is considered in accordance with the law.”"
THIS is pi$$ funny... Quote: "We take our responsibility to protect personal data very seriously and each application for the release of information is considered in accordance with the law.”" Beyond News Forum
  • Score: 0

10:08pm Fri 1 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

Mr Happynotsad wrote:
I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin.
I know who they are and they are both non Asians. Not even a drop of Asian in them
[quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin.[/p][/quote]I know who they are and they are both non Asians. Not even a drop of Asian in them pradagucci
  • Score: -71

10:15pm Fri 1 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Actually Dolci Vita, you ought to check your records more carefully.

LibDems were the leader of the council when The Market Hall was sold
LibDems were the leader of the council when The Water Place was closed

In fact since 1974...

1974-1980 Conservatives (the only that brought success back to the town)
1980-2003 Labour (riding on the tail of Conservative success of the town and added a few other successful places such as The Water Place and finishing off Topp Way in making it a two-way road through to the re-angled start of St Peters Way)
2003-2011 No Overall Control (But LibDems took the leadership due to having the most number of seats) - the stat of Bolton's fall from Grace with changing the rule as to what could open up at Middlebrook, lack of expenditure in The Water Place, lack of expenditure on the roads (white painting them does not count!)
2011-Present Labour - current imbeciles have no idea on how to turn thee ton around and everything they try just makes the situation even worse. Only saving grace will be moving all council departments back into the town hall thus saving some money.
Actually Dolci Vita, you ought to check your records more carefully. LibDems were the leader of the council when The Market Hall was sold LibDems were the leader of the council when The Water Place was closed In fact since 1974... 1974-1980 Conservatives (the only that brought success back to the town) 1980-2003 Labour (riding on the tail of Conservative success of the town and added a few other successful places such as The Water Place and finishing off Topp Way in making it a two-way road through to the re-angled start of St Peters Way) 2003-2011 No Overall Control (But LibDems took the leadership due to having the most number of seats) - the stat of Bolton's fall from Grace with changing the rule as to what could open up at Middlebrook, lack of expenditure in The Water Place, lack of expenditure on the roads (white painting them does not count!) 2011-Present Labour - current imbeciles have no idea on how to turn thee ton around and everything they try just makes the situation even worse. Only saving grace will be moving all council departments back into the town hall thus saving some money. nigella farrage
  • Score: -58

10:20pm Fri 1 Aug 14

artistpaint says...

Remember the times when the gov sent luddites to australia for trying to make a good honest living and let working people starve to death and trying to find a daisy to eat.
Remember the times when the gov sent luddites to australia for trying to make a good honest living and let working people starve to death and trying to find a daisy to eat. artistpaint
  • Score: -1

10:32pm Fri 1 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

Mr Happynotsad wrote:
I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin.
Not paying the council tax is the same as the MP expenses scam, a scam is a a scam! most of those MPs were not Asian hardly any Asian MP was even involved so let's not stereo type if you know what that means?
[quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin.[/p][/quote]Not paying the council tax is the same as the MP expenses scam, a scam is a a scam! most of those MPs were not Asian hardly any Asian MP was even involved so let's not stereo type if you know what that means? pradagucci
  • Score: -42

10:40pm Fri 1 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

But didn't they pay their council tax in the end.

Agreed they should have paid it sooner and not got the court summons.

Therefore if the BN was to print who paid the Council Tax, it would show that every single one of them paid it!

The only way to find out who got the court summons is to review the court lists at thee time.
But didn't they pay their council tax in the end. Agreed they should have paid it sooner and not got the court summons. Therefore if the BN was to print who paid the Council Tax, it would show that every single one of them paid it! The only way to find out who got the court summons is to review the court lists at thee time. nigella farrage
  • Score: -34

11:18pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Rememberscarborough says...

Maybe all those councilors who HAVE paid their council tax should tax legal action regarding the infringement of their human rights to be associated with these law breakers....
Maybe all those councilors who HAVE paid their council tax should tax legal action regarding the infringement of their human rights to be associated with these law breakers.... Rememberscarborough
  • Score: 5

11:25pm Fri 1 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Thing is Rememberscarborough, they have ALL paid. Just 2 of them took their time and almost wasted public money by almost going to court!

They would not be allowed to remain as councillors, by law, if they have not fully paid their council tax by the time they did - and they hadn't had paid up they would certainly had been named as it would have hit the national press, never mind a local rag!
Thing is Rememberscarborough, they have ALL paid. Just 2 of them took their time and almost wasted public money by almost going to court! They would not be allowed to remain as councillors, by law, if they have not fully paid their council tax by the time they did - and they hadn't had paid up they would certainly had been named as it would have hit the national press, never mind a local rag! nigella farrage
  • Score: -22

2:29am Sat 2 Aug 14

J B Blackett says...

Crooks , liars , thieves and cheats. And beneath contempt
Crooks , liars , thieves and cheats. And beneath contempt J B Blackett
  • Score: 6

6:20am Sat 2 Aug 14

Steve l says...

A twist on the same - if you cannot name these councillors - why not tell us what they have done in their ward - without naming them
A twist on the same - if you cannot name these councillors - why not tell us what they have done in their ward - without naming them Steve l
  • Score: 5

9:13am Sat 2 Aug 14

JustBecause says...

pradagucci wrote:
Mr Happynotsad wrote:
I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin.
I know who they are and they are both non Asians. Not even a drop of Asian in them
Well come on then who are they, no issue with the truth being told in a public forum.
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin.[/p][/quote]I know who they are and they are both non Asians. Not even a drop of Asian in them[/p][/quote]Well come on then who are they, no issue with the truth being told in a public forum. JustBecause
  • Score: 5

9:37am Sat 2 Aug 14

Bob Shaftoe says...

This corrupt Labour council is kept in power by the Asian vote who turn up in their droves to get 'their' man in.

So a question for all the above and the people who scored.
Did you get off your backsides and vote in May?

If not, shame on you, you've got the council you deserve.
This corrupt Labour council is kept in power by the Asian vote who turn up in their droves to get 'their' man in. So a question for all the above and the people who scored. Did you get off your backsides and vote in May? If not, shame on you, you've got the council you deserve. Bob Shaftoe
  • Score: 6

10:01am Sat 2 Aug 14

Ytarmy says...

pradagucci wrote:
holloway_david wrote:
One Labour and one Conservative, what a surprise!

Best way to deal with this is not to vote for either of the two parties next time as a protest vote.
How do you know it's a Labour or a Conservative councillor? Could be BNP, UKIP anyone. Or is BNP/UKIP immune from such actions being the angels they are?
Haha this comment proves what a cretin you are, your opinion on this story is no longer valid!!!
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]holloway_david[/bold] wrote: One Labour and one Conservative, what a surprise! Best way to deal with this is not to vote for either of the two parties next time as a protest vote.[/p][/quote]How do you know it's a Labour or a Conservative councillor? Could be BNP, UKIP anyone. Or is BNP/UKIP immune from such actions being the angels they are?[/p][/quote]Haha this comment proves what a cretin you are, your opinion on this story is no longer valid!!! Ytarmy
  • Score: 1

10:14am Sat 2 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Bob, not quite true....

Even IF everyone had voted for another party in the last local elections, Labour would still be the party with an overall majority as only 1/3 of the seats were up for grabs.

Also what have the other partys got to offer, and that includes UKIP at a local level? Nothing!!! Plus lets no forget that the even smallest bit of power will go to councillors heads and will would b in the exact same position as now but with another party.
Bob, not quite true.... Even IF everyone had voted for another party in the last local elections, Labour would still be the party with an overall majority as only 1/3 of the seats were up for grabs. Also what have the other partys got to offer, and that includes UKIP at a local level? Nothing!!! Plus lets no forget that the even smallest bit of power will go to councillors heads and will would b in the exact same position as now but with another party. nigella farrage
  • Score: -1

10:16am Sat 2 Aug 14

Dolci Vita says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Bob, not quite true....

Even IF everyone had voted for another party in the last local elections, Labour would still be the party with an overall majority as only 1/3 of the seats were up for grabs.

Also what have the other partys got to offer, and that includes UKIP at a local level? Nothing!!! Plus lets no forget that the even smallest bit of power will go to councillors heads and will would b in the exact same position as now but with another party.
So where do we go from here? Suggestions please.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Bob, not quite true.... Even IF everyone had voted for another party in the last local elections, Labour would still be the party with an overall majority as only 1/3 of the seats were up for grabs. Also what have the other partys got to offer, and that includes UKIP at a local level? Nothing!!! Plus lets no forget that the even smallest bit of power will go to councillors heads and will would b in the exact same position as now but with another party.[/p][/quote]So where do we go from here? Suggestions please. Dolci Vita
  • Score: -1

10:17am Sat 2 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

JustBecause says... @9:13am

"pradagucci wrote:

"Mr Happynotsad wrote:
I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin."
I know who they are and they are both non Asians. Not even a drop of Asian in them"

Well come on then who are they, no issue with the truth being told in a public forum.

Err actually there is a very much LEGAL issue in that as this website is controlled by the Bolton News and when you registered you ticked a box to say you accept the rules of the website then announcing names on here would be like the paper printing the names, which according to the recent judgement, is illegal! Not only would the paper be force to close, as well as this website, but also the poster could actually be done for contempt of court.
JustBecause says... @9:13am "pradagucci wrote: "Mr Happynotsad wrote: I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin." I know who they are and they are both non Asians. Not even a drop of Asian in them" Well come on then who are they, no issue with the truth being told in a public forum. Err actually there is a very much LEGAL issue in that as this website is controlled by the Bolton News and when you registered you ticked a box to say you accept the rules of the website then announcing names on here would be like the paper printing the names, which according to the recent judgement, is illegal! Not only would the paper be force to close, as well as this website, but also the poster could actually be done for contempt of court. nigella farrage
  • Score: 0

10:31am Sat 2 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Any form of Government is corrupt at on level or another form petty stealing such as stationary to over-prescribing expenses to actual cash for questions.

But everyday life is also the same, such as in the workplace who is there because of the people they know, or the stationary stealer of the person who seems to take more home in expenses than actual wage.

there is no other form of Government that is free from corruption - as seen with totalitarian states and Communist states. If anything it is about how much can the "normal" person allow - it is, like marriage, about give and take and meeting somewhere in the middle. (and I don't mean LibDems by the way! ;-) )
Any form of Government is corrupt at on level or another form petty stealing such as stationary to over-prescribing expenses to actual cash for questions. But everyday life is also the same, such as in the workplace who is there because of the people they know, or the stationary stealer of the person who seems to take more home in expenses than actual wage. there is no other form of Government that is free from corruption - as seen with totalitarian states and Communist states. If anything it is about how much can the "normal" person allow - it is, like marriage, about give and take and meeting somewhere in the middle. (and I don't mean LibDems by the way! ;-) ) nigella farrage
  • Score: -1

10:38am Sat 2 Aug 14

Joe'sGirl says...

Perhaps the best action to take is for the people of Bolton to vote for none of the previous councillors. That way you won't get the corrupt ones back. Sadly you will be punishing the innocent, but then they may decide to do something about it....
Perhaps the best action to take is for the people of Bolton to vote for none of the previous councillors. That way you won't get the corrupt ones back. Sadly you will be punishing the innocent, but then they may decide to do something about it.... Joe'sGirl
  • Score: 3

10:41am Sat 2 Aug 14

Donkey Stone says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Any form of Government is corrupt at on level or another form petty stealing such as stationary to over-prescribing expenses to actual cash for questions.

But everyday life is also the same, such as in the workplace who is there because of the people they know, or the stationary stealer of the person who seems to take more home in expenses than actual wage.

there is no other form of Government that is free from corruption - as seen with totalitarian states and Communist states. If anything it is about how much can the "normal" person allow - it is, like marriage, about give and take and meeting somewhere in the middle. (and I don't mean LibDems by the way! ;-) )
And your point is?
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Any form of Government is corrupt at on level or another form petty stealing such as stationary to over-prescribing expenses to actual cash for questions. But everyday life is also the same, such as in the workplace who is there because of the people they know, or the stationary stealer of the person who seems to take more home in expenses than actual wage. there is no other form of Government that is free from corruption - as seen with totalitarian states and Communist states. If anything it is about how much can the "normal" person allow - it is, like marriage, about give and take and meeting somewhere in the middle. (and I don't mean LibDems by the way! ;-) )[/p][/quote]And your point is? Donkey Stone
  • Score: 1

10:50am Sat 2 Aug 14

Bob Shaftoe says...

Bob Shaftoe wrote:
This corrupt Labour council is kept in power by the Asian vote who turn up in their droves to get 'their' man in.

So a question for all the above and the people who scored.
Did you get off your backsides and vote in May?

If not, shame on you, you've got the council you deserve.
......quite correct NIGELLA/TR0, I'll reword:

This corrupt Labour council is kept in power by the Asian vote who turn up in their droves to get 'their' man in.

So a question for all the above and the people who scored.
Do you get off your backsides and vote in local elections?

If not, shame on you, you've got the council you deserve.
[quote][p][bold]Bob Shaftoe[/bold] wrote: This corrupt Labour council is kept in power by the Asian vote who turn up in their droves to get 'their' man in. So a question for all the above and the people who scored. Did you get off your backsides and vote in May? If not, shame on you, you've got the council you deserve.[/p][/quote]......quite correct NIGELLA/TR0, I'll reword: This corrupt Labour council is kept in power by the Asian vote who turn up in their droves to get 'their' man in. So a question for all the above and the people who scored. Do you get off your backsides and vote in local elections? If not, shame on you, you've got the council you deserve. Bob Shaftoe
  • Score: 6

11:35am Sat 2 Aug 14

taverner says...

Ernagy2 wrote:
This is disgusting. The fact that Bolton council 'lawyers' were allowed to sit on the tribunal in a decision on Bolton Council is totally wrong.
The Bolton public have paid for there legals . Let's take letters from the alphabet and solve this elitism ?Aw
[quote][p][bold]Ernagy2[/bold] wrote: This is disgusting. The fact that Bolton council 'lawyers' were allowed to sit on the tribunal in a decision on Bolton Council is totally wrong.[/p][/quote]The Bolton public have paid for there legals . Let's take letters from the alphabet and solve this elitism ?Aw taverner
  • Score: 3

1:53pm Sat 2 Aug 14

wsw69 says...

The whole legal system is a legalised scam, is corrupt and bent. In fact, everything runs on corruption and bent.

Nothing but a shower of selfish, f**k you Jack, I'm all right, 'James Blunts' the lot of them.
The whole legal system is a legalised scam, is corrupt and bent. In fact, everything runs on corruption and bent. Nothing but a shower of selfish, f**k you Jack, I'm all right, 'James Blunts' the lot of them. wsw69
  • Score: 6

4:32pm Sat 2 Aug 14

sallyupsteps says...

Bob Shaftoe wrote:
This corrupt Labour council is kept in power by the Asian vote who turn up in their droves to get 'their' man in.

So a question for all the above and the people who scored.
Did you get off your backsides and vote in May?

If not, shame on you, you've got the council you deserve.
Well said!
[quote][p][bold]Bob Shaftoe[/bold] wrote: This corrupt Labour council is kept in power by the Asian vote who turn up in their droves to get 'their' man in. So a question for all the above and the people who scored. Did you get off your backsides and vote in May? If not, shame on you, you've got the council you deserve.[/p][/quote]Well said! sallyupsteps
  • Score: 6

5:30pm Sat 2 Aug 14

fisherman1959 says...

An all Asian council would not bother me now. I think it is too late to stop it from happening and I don't suppose they can do any worse than the bunch of idiots we have now.
An all Asian council would not bother me now. I think it is too late to stop it from happening and I don't suppose they can do any worse than the bunch of idiots we have now. fisherman1959
  • Score: -2

8:09pm Sat 2 Aug 14

Citizen Cane says...

Isn't it amazing that MP's can be named and shamed for expenses fiddles but councillors evading council tax for two years can not be named? Pure sleeze.
Isn't it amazing that MP's can be named and shamed for expenses fiddles but councillors evading council tax for two years can not be named? Pure sleeze. Citizen Cane
  • Score: 5

9:06pm Sun 3 Aug 14

JustBecause says...

nigella farrage wrote:
JustBecause says... @9:13am

"pradagucci wrote:

"Mr Happynotsad wrote:
I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin."
I know who they are and they are both non Asians. Not even a drop of Asian in them"

Well come on then who are they, no issue with the truth being told in a public forum.

Err actually there is a very much LEGAL issue in that as this website is controlled by the Bolton News and when you registered you ticked a box to say you accept the rules of the website then announcing names on here would be like the paper printing the names, which according to the recent judgement, is illegal! Not only would the paper be force to close, as well as this website, but also the poster could actually be done for contempt of court.
You talk rubbish, the judgement was for the council to withhold the names, therefore the BN do not know who it is, there is nothing in the judgment about printing the truth.

And I suggest you read the terms of your registration, it's you who is legally the owner of all you type, and you fully indemnify Newsquest from it.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: JustBecause says... @9:13am "pradagucci wrote: "Mr Happynotsad wrote: I know who they are and they are both of Asian origin." I know who they are and they are both non Asians. Not even a drop of Asian in them" Well come on then who are they, no issue with the truth being told in a public forum. Err actually there is a very much LEGAL issue in that as this website is controlled by the Bolton News and when you registered you ticked a box to say you accept the rules of the website then announcing names on here would be like the paper printing the names, which according to the recent judgement, is illegal! Not only would the paper be force to close, as well as this website, but also the poster could actually be done for contempt of court.[/p][/quote]You talk rubbish, the judgement was for the council to withhold the names, therefore the BN do not know who it is, there is nothing in the judgment about printing the truth. And I suggest you read the terms of your registration, it's you who is legally the owner of all you type, and you fully indemnify Newsquest from it. JustBecause
  • Score: 0

10:38am Tue 5 Aug 14

peterdanckwerts says...

Well, congratulations, BN. The protection of these councillors is an absolute disgrace and is no doubt going on all over the country. This is a decision against informed democracy.
Well, congratulations, BN. The protection of these councillors is an absolute disgrace and is no doubt going on all over the country. This is a decision against informed democracy. peterdanckwerts
  • Score: 2

12:14pm Tue 5 Aug 14

dave flitcroft says...

My be the councillors who paid their Taxes on time should write open letters to the BN stating so and in so doing clear their name. Those that choose not to clear their name must be the ones involved or ones who believe in council cover ups. The worst thing of all some councillor might be afraid of skeletons in their cupboard.
My be the councillors who paid their Taxes on time should write open letters to the BN stating so and in so doing clear their name. Those that choose not to clear their name must be the ones involved or ones who believe in council cover ups. The worst thing of all some councillor might be afraid of skeletons in their cupboard. dave flitcroft
  • Score: 2

5:40pm Tue 5 Aug 14

stevet1964 says...

mr joe public would be named and shamed , this decision by the court is disgusting and shows once again one law for the public and another for someone who could be in the public eye
mr joe public would be named and shamed , this decision by the court is disgusting and shows once again one law for the public and another for someone who could be in the public eye stevet1964
  • Score: 1

6:56am Wed 6 Aug 14

LisaConnor says...

Bolton Council = Organised Crime. There really is no more to be said.
Bolton Council = Organised Crime. There really is no more to be said. LisaConnor
  • Score: 1

6:59am Wed 6 Aug 14

LisaConnor says...

Bolton Council = Organised Crime..... there really is little else to be said.
Bolton Council = Organised Crime..... there really is little else to be said. LisaConnor
  • Score: 1

9:01pm Wed 6 Aug 14

robust mickey dickey says...

what else do these freeloaders in suits do in that town hall for their own benefit that we the public never get to hear about because of privacy laws to their advantage. then they get a index linked pension for their unbelievable antics on our behalf. its not the town more the clown hall
what else do these freeloaders in suits do in that town hall for their own benefit that we the public never get to hear about because of privacy laws to their advantage. then they get a index linked pension for their unbelievable antics on our behalf. its not the town more the clown hall robust mickey dickey
  • Score: 1

2:10pm Thu 7 Aug 14

philainsy says...

does this mean if i dont pay my council tax they wont send me to prison or name me because of distress and infringe my human rights
or are these councilors getting away with something the public would not get away with !!
does this mean if i dont pay my council tax they wont send me to prison or name me because of distress and infringe my human rights or are these councilors getting away with something the public would not get away with !! philainsy
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree