Here's our guide to what you can do in and around Bolton this weekend.
1. Listen to a film star recount tales from his extraordinary life. An Evening With Sylvester Stallone will see the Rocky and Rambo actor take to the stage at the Phones 4u Arena, Manchester, tonight, at 7.30pm.
2. Watch some cricket at a family fun day. Bolton’s first interfaith cricket match will be held at Deane and Derby Cricket Club, Chelsea Road, from noon on Saturday with entertainment, a BBQ, bouncy castle, henna and face painting, calligraphy, a chocolate fountain and food stalls.
3. Go back to Tudor times at a historic Bolton hall. The Discovery Day, with free family-friendly activities, will take place at Hall i’ th’ Wood Museum at 1pm tomorrow.
4. Watch the younger brother of icon Jimi Hendrix rock out in Bromley Cross. Leon, known for his song-writing regarding his life growing up as part of the Hendrix legacy, will be at the Railway Venue, Chapeltown Road, tomorrow night.
5. Get an autograph from your favourite Bolton Wanderers player at a fun day. The first team signing session will take place at the Macron Stadium, from 9.30am to 10.30am on Sunday, ahead of a fun run with manager Dougie Freedman and the final friendly game of pre-season against Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem.