Here's our guide to what you can do in and around Bolton this weekend.
1. Do a high flying kick, back drop and spin in Breightmet. The Northern Soul and Motown evening, with club DJs Ronnie and Wellsy, will be at Henighans, Bury Road, from 8pm on Friday.
2. Enjoy some Caribbean food, get a henna tattoo or have your hair braided. The Jamaica Independence Day fundraiser will be at the Stork Tavern, Halliwell Road, from 4pm until late on Saturday, in aid of St Ann’s Hospice and Sickle Cell Society.
3. Cheer on competitors in a variety of sporting events, from darts and archery to tennis. The British Transplant Games are taking place in Bolton throughout the weekend, as well as The Bolton News Donor Run at Leverhulme Park, from 6pm to 8.30pm on Saturday.
4. Have a headbang to the sounds of thrash metal band Megadeth. Tribute band Megadeth UK will be at the Moses Gate, Bolton Road, Farnworth, on Saturday, from 8.30pm.
5. See a gangsta rap legend play a last-minute gig in Manchester. It was announced earlier this week that Snoop Dogg will appear at the Albert Hall, Peter Street, on Sunday night, along with Tempa T and MC Shakespear.