A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- Teenage cricketer starting to come out of coma after brain haemorrhage
- Nightclubber sentenced after dance floor stamping on victim
- Work to remove Armstrong's from loco works site to start after plans to demolish six buildings are passed
- New products and high profile adverts help Warburtons increase sales to £552 million
- The man behind London's landmark building The Gherkin comes back home to Bolton