A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- Disaster averted as firefighters prevent blaze spreading to historic mansion
- Garage set on fire in suspected arson attack
- Armed robbers raid Co-op store twice in one weekend
- Car smashes into wall in crash outside garage
- VIDEO: A message from Keith Chegwin as TV stars prepare for Big Bolton Panto