A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- Ex fights for slice of multi-millionaire Gay Village tycoon's 'staggering wealth' in unique Bolton 'divorce' case
- Snow updates: Two schools closed as Bolton Council gritters out in force
- Amir Khan portrait unveiled at Bolton Museum
- Former Bolton snooker star Tony Knowles fined £5,000 for attacking ex
- Trailers escape parking fines for two years because they have 'no engines'