A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- Police hunt for man after pub brawl
- Residents angry at stacks of bins left in road as huge rollout of slim bins gets going
- Vulnerable widow betrayed by friend's daughter who stole £2,000 from bank account
- Jeremy Corbyn supporters storm Bolton Council meeting
- CCTV footage captures masked burglars breaking into house