A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- Thousands call for council leader’s resignation in petition
- Bolton's 4 Most Wanted - February 22, 2017
- Prolific thief jailed after apologising to one of his victims
- Master forger who conned council out of £400,000 sells 'Lowry' artworks — this time legally!
- BIZARRE PHONE SCAM: Elderly man asked to buy iTunes vouchers from Tesco to make up for 'unpaid tax'