A MAN accused of rape has been found dead on the day he was due to appear at Bolton Crown Court.
Kennedy Greenway, aged 54, of Newby Road, Breightmet, was charged with three counts of raping a woman between March 1, 1999, and August 1, 1999.
He had not entered a plea.
Greenway failed to attend the preliminary hearing and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Bolton Crown Court heard today Greenway had contacted his solicitors saying he was going to kill himself.
Several hours later Greenway’s body was found in a house in Accrington.
A Lancashire Police spokesman said: “Police were called at 1.48pm to an address on Belfield Road, Accrington.
"Inside the property officers found a man who was deceased. There are no suspicious circumstances.”
- Horwich writer Chris Lunt who scored television hit with thriller Prey has sights set on future James Bond film
- LIVE: David Cameron and Ed Miliband interviews and Question Time in Bolton
- UPDATED: Teenager attacked after leaving birthday party in Farnworth
- University of Bolton staff 'sacked' over claims they leaked information to the press
- CLEARED: Jury takes just 38 minutes to find bus driver not guilty of causing death by careless driving