SUSPENDED: Bradshaw Conservative councillor Mudasir Deane - who is at centre of late council tax payment row

Bradshaw councillor Cllr Mudasir Dean has been suspended by his party

Bradshaw councillor Cllr Mudasir Dean has been suspended by his party

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author Exclusive by , Reporter

THE Tory politician at the centre of the late payment of council tax row has been suspended by his party.

Conservative bosses have now launched an investigation into Cllr Mudasir Dean’s actions amid allegations he lied about attending a Bolton Council budget meeting.

And town hall chiefs, who have confirmed they will co-operate with the Conservatives’ investigation, will also establish whether the information should be passed to the director of public prosecutions.

The Bolton News revealed on Tuesday that Cllr Dean was twice summoned to court for not paying a total of £2,684 council tax. He later paid his council tax in full.

But the law states anyone who misses two council tax payments in a given tax year must not vote on the setting of council tax at a local authority budget meeting.

If any councillor subject to those restrictions attends a budget meeting, they must, according to the Local Government Finance Act, “at the meeting, and as soon as practicable after its commencement, disclose the fact that (this law) applies to him and shall not vote on any question with respect to the matter (council tax)”.

Breaching this law could lead to criminal prosecution, and conviction brings the punishment of a fine.

In a written statement handed to The Bolton News by Cllr Dean, he said: “I did not attend or vote at any budget-setting meeting during the periods I was in arrears.

“Therefore, there was never any conflict of interest in my role as a councillor.”

However, Bolton Council published minutes of the budget-setting meeting of February 20, 2013, which show Cllr Dean was there.

The minutes do not show if Cllr Dean disclosed whether the law applied to him or whether he voted.

Following the revelation about the minutes, the leader of Bolton’s Conservatives, Cllr David Greenhalgh, issued a statement yesterday.


MORE:


He said: “In view of new information that has come to light, it is with great sadness that I have no option but to suspend Cllr Dean from the Conservative group and withdraw the whip while a full investigation into the case takes place.

“This will be an internal investigation for which the chief executive of Bolton Council has agreed to provide all the relevant information in order to assist the group with its enquiries.”

Each year, a few days before the budget meeting, the council writes to all councillors reminding them of the requirements of the act.

Sean Harriss, the council’s chief executive, said: “This is an investigation by the Conservative group and I will provide relevant information to them so they can draw their own conclusions.

“We will be establishing whether this information needs to be referred to the director of public prosecutions.”

According to the Local Government Finance Act, it would up to the director of public prosecution to initiate a prosecution where appropriate.

Cllr Dean, aged 43, was first elected in 2012 and was re-elected in May.

Yesterday he said: “I have been informed about my suspension and the inquiry that is to take place.

“I welcome the opportunity to put my case forward to the inquiry and I feel it would be inappropriate to comment further on any individual aspects.”

Comments (56)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:44am Fri 15 Aug 14

bluemeanie63 says...

so another internal investigation to take place within the confines of Bolton Council, smells already of a cover up ,and its not even started.
so another internal investigation to take place within the confines of Bolton Council, smells already of a cover up ,and its not even started. bluemeanie63
  • Score: 23

6:45am Fri 15 Aug 14

breightmet kid says...

The two Coiuncillors, one Tory one Labour, should have been kicked off the council. They have both stolen money from the public purse by not paying their Council Tax. They have stolen the services from the council by not p;aying and their mentality is no different from MP's who have over claimed expenses.

If any tax payer doesnt pay then there is court action which could mean sending in the bailiffs or in extreme cases being sent to prison.

Paying the money after the fact doesnt make it right, there must be some redress for all the people who are honest and pay their way.

These two rascals have broken the Law.

The Bolton News should name the Labour councillor. The courts say it would infringe their Human Rights, what about the Human Rights of those who pay their dues and demands on time, there are millions of people who do. It isnt one law for one and another for someone else.

Name and shame and be dammed to the law.
The two Coiuncillors, one Tory one Labour, should have been kicked off the council. They have both stolen money from the public purse by not paying their Council Tax. They have stolen the services from the council by not p;aying and their mentality is no different from MP's who have over claimed expenses. If any tax payer doesnt pay then there is court action which could mean sending in the bailiffs or in extreme cases being sent to prison. Paying the money after the fact doesnt make it right, there must be some redress for all the people who are honest and pay their way. These two rascals have broken the Law. The Bolton News should name the Labour councillor. The courts say it would infringe their Human Rights, what about the Human Rights of those who pay their dues and demands on time, there are millions of people who do. It isnt one law for one and another for someone else. Name and shame and be dammed to the law. breightmet kid
  • Score: 42

6:46am Fri 15 Aug 14

FreedomOfSpeech1945 says...

Vote UKIP
Vote UKIP FreedomOfSpeech1945
  • Score: -9

7:21am Fri 15 Aug 14

Terry McC says...

breightmet kid says.. It isnt one law for one and another for someone else.what country you living in of course it is this is England with power comes coruption and you can do what you want and get away with it look at the bankers and a big majority of the politicians wake up
breightmet kid says.. It isnt one law for one and another for someone else.what country you living in of course it is this is England with power comes coruption and you can do what you want and get away with it look at the bankers and a big majority of the politicians wake up Terry McC
  • Score: 15

8:30am Fri 15 Aug 14

Balboa says...

Labour supporting BN can't wait to run this story of the Tory councillor. You can almost sense their joy.

Meanwhile, BN goes very, very quiet about the Labour councillor who fails to own up to non-payment and has gone to ground, hiding from the public wrath - almost sheltering the councillor from the public - perhaps that would be worthy of investigative journalism?
Labour supporting BN can't wait to run this story of the Tory councillor. You can almost sense their joy. Meanwhile, BN goes very, very quiet about the Labour councillor who fails to own up to non-payment and has gone to ground, hiding from the public wrath - almost sheltering the councillor from the public - perhaps that would be worthy of investigative journalism? Balboa
  • Score: 43

8:35am Fri 15 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken.
Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken. thomas222
  • Score: 33

8:52am Fri 15 Aug 14

Tim Burr says...

thomas222 wrote:
Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken.
Do you morons always start so early or does it come naturally Tom?

"The minutes do not show if Cllr Dean disclosed whether the law applied to him or whether he voted."

This is what needs to be established - did he, or didn't he.
[quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken.[/p][/quote]Do you morons always start so early or does it come naturally Tom? "The minutes do not show if Cllr Dean disclosed whether the law applied to him or whether he voted." This is what needs to be established - did he, or didn't he. Tim Burr
  • Score: 5

9:06am Fri 15 Aug 14

Rememberscarborough says...

breightmet kid wrote:
The two Coiuncillors, one Tory one Labour, should have been kicked off the council. They have both stolen money from the public purse by not paying their Council Tax. They have stolen the services from the council by not p;aying and their mentality is no different from MP's who have over claimed expenses.

If any tax payer doesnt pay then there is court action which could mean sending in the bailiffs or in extreme cases being sent to prison.

Paying the money after the fact doesnt make it right, there must be some redress for all the people who are honest and pay their way.

These two rascals have broken the Law.

The Bolton News should name the Labour councillor. The courts say it would infringe their Human Rights, what about the Human Rights of those who pay their dues and demands on time, there are millions of people who do. It isnt one law for one and another for someone else.

Name and shame and be dammed to the law.
Sorry, he didn't steal anything because the tax was paid in full (eventually...)

However, both of these public officials have clearly breached moral and ethical guidelines. Their bosses know who they are and both should have resigned or been kicked out for demanding that we do things that they didn't believe they had to do i.e. pay their council tax on time.
[quote][p][bold]breightmet kid[/bold] wrote: The two Coiuncillors, one Tory one Labour, should have been kicked off the council. They have both stolen money from the public purse by not paying their Council Tax. They have stolen the services from the council by not p;aying and their mentality is no different from MP's who have over claimed expenses. If any tax payer doesnt pay then there is court action which could mean sending in the bailiffs or in extreme cases being sent to prison. Paying the money after the fact doesnt make it right, there must be some redress for all the people who are honest and pay their way. These two rascals have broken the Law. The Bolton News should name the Labour councillor. The courts say it would infringe their Human Rights, what about the Human Rights of those who pay their dues and demands on time, there are millions of people who do. It isnt one law for one and another for someone else. Name and shame and be dammed to the law.[/p][/quote]Sorry, he didn't steal anything because the tax was paid in full (eventually...) However, both of these public officials have clearly breached moral and ethical guidelines. Their bosses know who they are and both should have resigned or been kicked out for demanding that we do things that they didn't believe they had to do i.e. pay their council tax on time. Rememberscarborough
  • Score: 22

9:20am Fri 15 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

Tim Burr wrote:
thomas222 wrote:
Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken.
Do you morons always start so early or does it come naturally Tom?

"The minutes do not show if Cllr Dean disclosed whether the law applied to him or whether he voted."

This is what needs to be established - did he, or didn't he.
Pardon me Tim but i thought it said " Conservative bosses have now launched an investigation into Cllr Mudasir Deans actions amid allegations he lied about attending a Bolton Council Budget meeting. No mention of voting at all except from the Cllr. Seems there is proof he was there otherwise the Torys would not have unloaded him thats for sure.
[quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken.[/p][/quote]Do you morons always start so early or does it come naturally Tom? "The minutes do not show if Cllr Dean disclosed whether the law applied to him or whether he voted." This is what needs to be established - did he, or didn't he.[/p][/quote]Pardon me Tim but i thought it said " Conservative bosses have now launched an investigation into Cllr Mudasir Deans actions amid allegations he lied about attending a Bolton Council Budget meeting. No mention of voting at all except from the Cllr. Seems there is proof he was there otherwise the Torys would not have unloaded him thats for sure. thomas222
  • Score: 16

9:28am Fri 15 Aug 14

IvanCamposHair says...

I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values.

That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes.

I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions.
I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values. That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes. I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions. IvanCamposHair
  • Score: 33

9:58am Fri 15 Aug 14

Dolci Vita says...

What about the identity of the Labour councillor who did not pay their Council Tax?
Bolton News, don't let them get away with it. What's good for one is good for the other. Name and shame the other perpetrator.
What about the identity of the Labour councillor who did not pay their Council Tax? Bolton News, don't let them get away with it. What's good for one is good for the other. Name and shame the other perpetrator. Dolci Vita
  • Score: 35

10:06am Fri 15 Aug 14

goldie47 says...

lets hope labour follow suit.....but....dont hold your breath
lets hope labour follow suit.....but....dont hold your breath goldie47
  • Score: 28

10:23am Fri 15 Aug 14

Julian Thorpe says...

Dolci Vita wrote:
What about the identity of the Labour councillor who did not pay their Council Tax?
Bolton News, don't let them get away with it. What's good for one is good for the other. Name and shame the other perpetrator.
We're working on it
[quote][p][bold]Dolci Vita[/bold] wrote: What about the identity of the Labour councillor who did not pay their Council Tax? Bolton News, don't let them get away with it. What's good for one is good for the other. Name and shame the other perpetrator.[/p][/quote]We're working on it Julian Thorpe
  • Score: 36

10:29am Fri 15 Aug 14

IvanCamposHair says...

FreedomOfSpeech1945 wrote:
Vote UKIP
Yeah vote UKIP -

http://www.theguardi
an.com/politics/2014
/jun/12/nigel-farage
-europe-expenses-uki
p

Farage as dodgy as the rest of them. And read up about Tom Wise the first MEP ever to be convicted of expenses fraud. Or the Yarmouth UKIP MEP forced to stand down due to electoral fraud. Or the Isle of Wight candidate guilty of the same. Or UKIP Cllr Robert Ray, drink driver. Or former UKIP MEP Nikki Sinclare who has been hung out to dry by UKIP, facing charges of expenses fraud and money laundering. She alleges she was doing what was advised and what other UKIP MEPs do.
[quote][p][bold]FreedomOfSpeech1945[/bold] wrote: Vote UKIP[/p][/quote]Yeah vote UKIP - http://www.theguardi an.com/politics/2014 /jun/12/nigel-farage -europe-expenses-uki p Farage as dodgy as the rest of them. And read up about Tom Wise the first MEP ever to be convicted of expenses fraud. Or the Yarmouth UKIP MEP forced to stand down due to electoral fraud. Or the Isle of Wight candidate guilty of the same. Or UKIP Cllr Robert Ray, drink driver. Or former UKIP MEP Nikki Sinclare who has been hung out to dry by UKIP, facing charges of expenses fraud and money laundering. She alleges she was doing what was advised and what other UKIP MEPs do. IvanCamposHair
  • Score: 5

10:37am Fri 15 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

IvanCamposHair wrote:
FreedomOfSpeech1945 wrote:
Vote UKIP
Yeah vote UKIP -

http://www.theguardi

an.com/politics/2014

/jun/12/nigel-farage

-europe-expenses-uki

p

Farage as dodgy as the rest of them. And read up about Tom Wise the first MEP ever to be convicted of expenses fraud. Or the Yarmouth UKIP MEP forced to stand down due to electoral fraud. Or the Isle of Wight candidate guilty of the same. Or UKIP Cllr Robert Ray, drink driver. Or former UKIP MEP Nikki Sinclare who has been hung out to dry by UKIP, facing charges of expenses fraud and money laundering. She alleges she was doing what was advised and what other UKIP MEPs do.
Google this Ivan tell us what you think of Labour Pedos ?..... " Official Labour party25.com scandal video 48 convicted now!!........
[quote][p][bold]IvanCamposHair[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FreedomOfSpeech1945[/bold] wrote: Vote UKIP[/p][/quote]Yeah vote UKIP - http://www.theguardi an.com/politics/2014 /jun/12/nigel-farage -europe-expenses-uki p Farage as dodgy as the rest of them. And read up about Tom Wise the first MEP ever to be convicted of expenses fraud. Or the Yarmouth UKIP MEP forced to stand down due to electoral fraud. Or the Isle of Wight candidate guilty of the same. Or UKIP Cllr Robert Ray, drink driver. Or former UKIP MEP Nikki Sinclare who has been hung out to dry by UKIP, facing charges of expenses fraud and money laundering. She alleges she was doing what was advised and what other UKIP MEPs do.[/p][/quote]Google this Ivan tell us what you think of Labour Pedos ?..... " Official Labour party25.com scandal video 48 convicted now!!........ thomas222
  • Score: 0

10:49am Fri 15 Aug 14

JustBecause says...

Tim Burr wrote:
thomas222 wrote:
Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken.
Do you morons always start so early or does it come naturally Tom?

"The minutes do not show if Cllr Dean disclosed whether the law applied to him or whether he voted."

This is what needs to be established - did he, or didn't he.
It's irrelevant if he disclosed it or not, his statement said he never attended a budget meeting, which he did.

He's been caught out lying and therefore should be sacked, and a police investigation should be launched.

Corruption starts at a low level and a zero tolerance approach for our elected representatives must be adopted.
[quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken.[/p][/quote]Do you morons always start so early or does it come naturally Tom? "The minutes do not show if Cllr Dean disclosed whether the law applied to him or whether he voted." This is what needs to be established - did he, or didn't he.[/p][/quote]It's irrelevant if he disclosed it or not, his statement said he never attended a budget meeting, which he did. He's been caught out lying and therefore should be sacked, and a police investigation should be launched. Corruption starts at a low level and a zero tolerance approach for our elected representatives must be adopted. JustBecause
  • Score: 21

10:57am Fri 15 Aug 14

mumrahhhh says...

ALL BENT as a nine Bob note ......
ALL BENT as a nine Bob note ...... mumrahhhh
  • Score: 18

11:21am Fri 15 Aug 14

IvanCamposHair says...

thomas222 wrote:
IvanCamposHair wrote:
FreedomOfSpeech1945 wrote:
Vote UKIP
Yeah vote UKIP -

http://www.theguardi


an.com/politics/2014


/jun/12/nigel-farage


-europe-expenses-uki


p

Farage as dodgy as the rest of them. And read up about Tom Wise the first MEP ever to be convicted of expenses fraud. Or the Yarmouth UKIP MEP forced to stand down due to electoral fraud. Or the Isle of Wight candidate guilty of the same. Or UKIP Cllr Robert Ray, drink driver. Or former UKIP MEP Nikki Sinclare who has been hung out to dry by UKIP, facing charges of expenses fraud and money laundering. She alleges she was doing what was advised and what other UKIP MEPs do.
Google this Ivan tell us what you think of Labour Pedos ?..... " Official Labour party25.com scandal video 48 convicted now!!........
I didn't bring up party political stuff the other person did. I brought up the fact that someone was saying vote UKIP under an article about a councillor with dodgy finances.

I was pointing out that UKIP have their fare share of dodgy people too.

You seem to want to say, all other parties are bad and UKIP are whiter than white for your political agenda. Alistair Campbell would be proud of that spin Thomas.
[quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IvanCamposHair[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FreedomOfSpeech1945[/bold] wrote: Vote UKIP[/p][/quote]Yeah vote UKIP - http://www.theguardi an.com/politics/2014 /jun/12/nigel-farage -europe-expenses-uki p Farage as dodgy as the rest of them. And read up about Tom Wise the first MEP ever to be convicted of expenses fraud. Or the Yarmouth UKIP MEP forced to stand down due to electoral fraud. Or the Isle of Wight candidate guilty of the same. Or UKIP Cllr Robert Ray, drink driver. Or former UKIP MEP Nikki Sinclare who has been hung out to dry by UKIP, facing charges of expenses fraud and money laundering. She alleges she was doing what was advised and what other UKIP MEPs do.[/p][/quote]Google this Ivan tell us what you think of Labour Pedos ?..... " Official Labour party25.com scandal video 48 convicted now!!........[/p][/quote]I didn't bring up party political stuff the other person did. I brought up the fact that someone was saying vote UKIP under an article about a councillor with dodgy finances. I was pointing out that UKIP have their fare share of dodgy people too. You seem to want to say, all other parties are bad and UKIP are whiter than white for your political agenda. Alistair Campbell would be proud of that spin Thomas. IvanCamposHair
  • Score: -2

11:32am Fri 15 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

IvanCamposHair wrote:
thomas222 wrote:
IvanCamposHair wrote:
FreedomOfSpeech1945 wrote:
Vote UKIP
Yeah vote UKIP -

http://www.theguardi



an.com/politics/2014



/jun/12/nigel-farage



-europe-expenses-uki



p

Farage as dodgy as the rest of them. And read up about Tom Wise the first MEP ever to be convicted of expenses fraud. Or the Yarmouth UKIP MEP forced to stand down due to electoral fraud. Or the Isle of Wight candidate guilty of the same. Or UKIP Cllr Robert Ray, drink driver. Or former UKIP MEP Nikki Sinclare who has been hung out to dry by UKIP, facing charges of expenses fraud and money laundering. She alleges she was doing what was advised and what other UKIP MEPs do.
Google this Ivan tell us what you think of Labour Pedos ?..... " Official Labour party25.com scandal video 48 convicted now!!........
I didn't bring up party political stuff the other person did. I brought up the fact that someone was saying vote UKIP under an article about a councillor with dodgy finances.

I was pointing out that UKIP have their fare share of dodgy people too.

You seem to want to say, all other parties are bad and UKIP are whiter than white for your political agenda. Alistair Campbell would be proud of that spin Thomas.
No one is without sin just some are worse than others. We have Bolton News headlines when we have a UKIP Cllr making a cup of tea comment yet nothing regarding a Labour Party with pedophile problems from the top to the bottom. Which do you recon is more important to highlight ?
[quote][p][bold]IvanCamposHair[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IvanCamposHair[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]FreedomOfSpeech1945[/bold] wrote: Vote UKIP[/p][/quote]Yeah vote UKIP - http://www.theguardi an.com/politics/2014 /jun/12/nigel-farage -europe-expenses-uki p Farage as dodgy as the rest of them. And read up about Tom Wise the first MEP ever to be convicted of expenses fraud. Or the Yarmouth UKIP MEP forced to stand down due to electoral fraud. Or the Isle of Wight candidate guilty of the same. Or UKIP Cllr Robert Ray, drink driver. Or former UKIP MEP Nikki Sinclare who has been hung out to dry by UKIP, facing charges of expenses fraud and money laundering. She alleges she was doing what was advised and what other UKIP MEPs do.[/p][/quote]Google this Ivan tell us what you think of Labour Pedos ?..... " Official Labour party25.com scandal video 48 convicted now!!........[/p][/quote]I didn't bring up party political stuff the other person did. I brought up the fact that someone was saying vote UKIP under an article about a councillor with dodgy finances. I was pointing out that UKIP have their fare share of dodgy people too. You seem to want to say, all other parties are bad and UKIP are whiter than white for your political agenda. Alistair Campbell would be proud of that spin Thomas.[/p][/quote]No one is without sin just some are worse than others. We have Bolton News headlines when we have a UKIP Cllr making a cup of tea comment yet nothing regarding a Labour Party with pedophile problems from the top to the bottom. Which do you recon is more important to highlight ? thomas222
  • Score: 13

11:41am Fri 15 Aug 14

Hong Kong Fui says...

I would like to know who paid for his legal Bill for his claim for anonymity on the basis of his human rights? I hope it wasn’t us the Tax Payer!
I would like to know who paid for his legal Bill for his claim for anonymity on the basis of his human rights? I hope it wasn’t us the Tax Payer! Hong Kong Fui
  • Score: 26

12:45pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Balboa says...

You watch now as the Labour councillor - currently in hiding and pleading with the BN to continue harbouring their privacy - suddenly decides to come clean. The councillor is clearly out on a limb and will come up with some **** and bull story, just to save some face. They are simply too vain to admit they had financial problems and couldn't / wouldn't pay their way like the rest of us are expected to do,
You watch now as the Labour councillor - currently in hiding and pleading with the BN to continue harbouring their privacy - suddenly decides to come clean. The councillor is clearly out on a limb and will come up with some **** and bull story, just to save some face. They are simply too vain to admit they had financial problems and couldn't / wouldn't pay their way like the rest of us are expected to do, Balboa
  • Score: 9

12:46pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Balboa says...

...Alternatively, why can't the BN simply write to all Labour councillors and ask them if they have paid council tax - most will answer yes, and that narrows down the field without breaching any of their human rights. See who is left at the end of it...
...Alternatively, why can't the BN simply write to all Labour councillors and ask them if they have paid council tax - most will answer yes, and that narrows down the field without breaching any of their human rights. See who is left at the end of it... Balboa
  • Score: 6

1:55pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Tim Burr says...

thomas222 wrote:
Tim Burr wrote:
thomas222 wrote:
Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken.
Do you morons always start so early or does it come naturally Tom?

"The minutes do not show if Cllr Dean disclosed whether the law applied to him or whether he voted."

This is what needs to be established - did he, or didn't he.
Pardon me Tim but i thought it said " Conservative bosses have now launched an investigation into Cllr Mudasir Deans actions amid allegations he lied about attending a Bolton Council Budget meeting. No mention of voting at all except from the Cllr. Seems there is proof he was there otherwise the Torys would not have unloaded him thats for sure.
Thomas, suspending him doesn't make him guilty. Suspending him is the right and proper thing to do, pending investigation - the Police bail people - it doesn't mean they're guilty.
[quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken.[/p][/quote]Do you morons always start so early or does it come naturally Tom? "The minutes do not show if Cllr Dean disclosed whether the law applied to him or whether he voted." This is what needs to be established - did he, or didn't he.[/p][/quote]Pardon me Tim but i thought it said " Conservative bosses have now launched an investigation into Cllr Mudasir Deans actions amid allegations he lied about attending a Bolton Council Budget meeting. No mention of voting at all except from the Cllr. Seems there is proof he was there otherwise the Torys would not have unloaded him thats for sure.[/p][/quote]Thomas, suspending him doesn't make him guilty. Suspending him is the right and proper thing to do, pending investigation - the Police bail people - it doesn't mean they're guilty. Tim Burr
  • Score: -7

2:08pm Fri 15 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

Tim Burr wrote:
thomas222 wrote:
Tim Burr wrote:
thomas222 wrote:
Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken.
Do you morons always start so early or does it come naturally Tom?

"The minutes do not show if Cllr Dean disclosed whether the law applied to him or whether he voted."

This is what needs to be established - did he, or didn't he.
Pardon me Tim but i thought it said " Conservative bosses have now launched an investigation into Cllr Mudasir Deans actions amid allegations he lied about attending a Bolton Council Budget meeting. No mention of voting at all except from the Cllr. Seems there is proof he was there otherwise the Torys would not have unloaded him thats for sure.
Thomas, suspending him doesn't make him guilty. Suspending him is the right and proper thing to do, pending investigation - the Police bail people - it doesn't mean they're guilty.
100% agree however they went to a lot of trouble to keep their names private for doing something many people do also with financial problems. Had they admitted they had financial problems but the account was now up to date no one would have bat a eyelid. It was the fact they hid it with HR law for some reason?. Dont you agree its strange that two different people on opposite parties at the same time make a HR request to stifle who they are. It does indicated two people possibly more agreed to this action together. Thats called Conspiracy if its deemed a crime.
[quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: Oh Dear!. Wonder why the other Cllr wanted to keep out of the limelight along with him. Whats the chances of two different people from two different Parties both deciding at the same time to defend the truth under the Human Rights Act for exactly the same reason. Tells me there has been a conspiracy by some people within the Council to cover this up. This should now be a full Police investigation to see if any similar rules have been broken.[/p][/quote]Do you morons always start so early or does it come naturally Tom? "The minutes do not show if Cllr Dean disclosed whether the law applied to him or whether he voted." This is what needs to be established - did he, or didn't he.[/p][/quote]Pardon me Tim but i thought it said " Conservative bosses have now launched an investigation into Cllr Mudasir Deans actions amid allegations he lied about attending a Bolton Council Budget meeting. No mention of voting at all except from the Cllr. Seems there is proof he was there otherwise the Torys would not have unloaded him thats for sure.[/p][/quote]Thomas, suspending him doesn't make him guilty. Suspending him is the right and proper thing to do, pending investigation - the Police bail people - it doesn't mean they're guilty.[/p][/quote]100% agree however they went to a lot of trouble to keep their names private for doing something many people do also with financial problems. Had they admitted they had financial problems but the account was now up to date no one would have bat a eyelid. It was the fact they hid it with HR law for some reason?. Dont you agree its strange that two different people on opposite parties at the same time make a HR request to stifle who they are. It does indicated two people possibly more agreed to this action together. Thats called Conspiracy if its deemed a crime. thomas222
  • Score: 9

2:12pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Tim Burr says...

Tom, the only conspiracy is in your head matey. Why don't you ask who invoked the Human Rights rule I think you might be in for a surprise if you did. While you're at it check a few dates too. Let Uncle Tim know how you get on.
Tom, the only conspiracy is in your head matey. Why don't you ask who invoked the Human Rights rule I think you might be in for a surprise if you did. While you're at it check a few dates too. Let Uncle Tim know how you get on. Tim Burr
  • Score: -5

2:20pm Fri 15 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

Tim Burr wrote:
Tom, the only conspiracy is in your head matey. Why don't you ask who invoked the Human Rights rule I think you might be in for a surprise if you did. While you're at it check a few dates too. Let Uncle Tim know how you get on.
You packed the golf in since i told you Golf is Haram for Sharia Supporters ?
[quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: Tom, the only conspiracy is in your head matey. Why don't you ask who invoked the Human Rights rule I think you might be in for a surprise if you did. While you're at it check a few dates too. Let Uncle Tim know how you get on.[/p][/quote]You packed the golf in since i told you Golf is Haram for Sharia Supporters ? thomas222
  • Score: 4

2:34pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Tim Burr says...

I'll be out again this weekend - playing 4's with a few councillors and prominent Asians, discussing the next project in the quest for World domination of Halliwell.
I'll be out again this weekend - playing 4's with a few councillors and prominent Asians, discussing the next project in the quest for World domination of Halliwell. Tim Burr
  • Score: 0

2:44pm Fri 15 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

Tim Burr wrote:
I'll be out again this weekend - playing 4's with a few councillors and prominent Asians, discussing the next project in the quest for World domination of Halliwell.
Nice, hope you have a good game, long as they arnt Islamist Terrorist supporters im ok with that.
[quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: I'll be out again this weekend - playing 4's with a few councillors and prominent Asians, discussing the next project in the quest for World domination of Halliwell.[/p][/quote]Nice, hope you have a good game, long as they arnt Islamist Terrorist supporters im ok with that. thomas222
  • Score: 3

2:50pm Fri 15 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

IvanCamposHair wrote:
I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values.

That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes.

I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions.
Most MPs rinse the tax payer claiming THOUSANDS in expenses. They can even have a 3D tv in their appartments in London. So I think robbing the poor is probably British values through and through.
[quote][p][bold]IvanCamposHair[/bold] wrote: I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values. That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes. I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions.[/p][/quote]Most MPs rinse the tax payer claiming THOUSANDS in expenses. They can even have a 3D tv in their appartments in London. So I think robbing the poor is probably British values through and through. pradagucci
  • Score: 1

4:28pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Endoxa says...

pradagucci wrote:
IvanCamposHair wrote:
I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values.

That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes.

I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions.
Most MPs rinse the tax payer claiming THOUSANDS in expenses. They can even have a 3D tv in their appartments in London. So I think robbing the poor is probably British values through and through.
What a ridiculous comment - please don't judge us all by these outrageous standards. The majority of people are decent and honest and hence the continued call for this (and the other) councillor's resignation/sacking.
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IvanCamposHair[/bold] wrote: I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values. That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes. I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions.[/p][/quote]Most MPs rinse the tax payer claiming THOUSANDS in expenses. They can even have a 3D tv in their appartments in London. So I think robbing the poor is probably British values through and through.[/p][/quote]What a ridiculous comment - please don't judge us all by these outrageous standards. The majority of people are decent and honest and hence the continued call for this (and the other) councillor's resignation/sacking. Endoxa
  • Score: 2

4:31pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Chrome1 says...

Flipping heck this story is sooo boring
Flipping heck this story is sooo boring Chrome1
  • Score: -1

5:19pm Fri 15 Aug 14

boltongirl5 says...

This is all starting to sound very odd, they years in question were 2011/12 and 2012/13, why now in August 2014 is this only being thought about? The Council and the Conservative party knew he was in Council tax arrears, suggesting that nobody was checking whether this law was being implemented at the time. Is this why the Council have fought so hard to keep the names of the Councillors quiet for so long? And at what cost to us council tax payers. (FOI there BN!)
And how do we know this other mystery Councillor hasn't been breaking the law too as this case seems to suggest the law only applies when the BN finds out their name and checks the records on meetings? Transparency? What a joke!!
This is all starting to sound very odd, they years in question were 2011/12 and 2012/13, why now in August 2014 is this only being thought about? The Council and the Conservative party knew he was in Council tax arrears, suggesting that nobody was checking whether this law was being implemented at the time. Is this why the Council have fought so hard to keep the names of the Councillors quiet for so long? And at what cost to us council tax payers. (FOI there BN!) And how do we know this other mystery Councillor hasn't been breaking the law too as this case seems to suggest the law only applies when the BN finds out their name and checks the records on meetings? Transparency? What a joke!! boltongirl5
  • Score: 9

5:57pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Dolci Vita says...

Show your disgust with Labour for not naming the non paying Council Tax Councillor when you register your vote at the ballot box in the elections 2015.
If we do not know which one it is, they are ALL GUILTY!
Show your disgust with Labour for not naming the non paying Council Tax Councillor when you register your vote at the ballot box in the elections 2015. If we do not know which one it is, they are ALL GUILTY! Dolci Vita
  • Score: 8

6:21pm Fri 15 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

thomas222 wrote:
Tim Burr wrote:
I'll be out again this weekend - playing 4's with a few councillors and prominent Asians, discussing the next project in the quest for World domination of Halliwell.
Nice, hope you have a good game, long as they arnt Islamist Terrorist supporters im ok with that.
Maybe you should discuss sending you around the world, get you out of Bolton, broaden your horizons.......
[quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: I'll be out again this weekend - playing 4's with a few councillors and prominent Asians, discussing the next project in the quest for World domination of Halliwell.[/p][/quote]Nice, hope you have a good game, long as they arnt Islamist Terrorist supporters im ok with that.[/p][/quote]Maybe you should discuss sending you around the world, get you out of Bolton, broaden your horizons....... pradagucci
  • Score: -3

6:29pm Fri 15 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

pradagucci wrote:
thomas222 wrote:
Tim Burr wrote:
I'll be out again this weekend - playing 4's with a few councillors and prominent Asians, discussing the next project in the quest for World domination of Halliwell.
Nice, hope you have a good game, long as they arnt Islamist Terrorist supporters im ok with that.
Maybe you should discuss sending you around the world, get you out of Bolton, broaden your horizons.......
I done that for 23 yrs + have you ?
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: I'll be out again this weekend - playing 4's with a few councillors and prominent Asians, discussing the next project in the quest for World domination of Halliwell.[/p][/quote]Nice, hope you have a good game, long as they arnt Islamist Terrorist supporters im ok with that.[/p][/quote]Maybe you should discuss sending you around the world, get you out of Bolton, broaden your horizons.......[/p][/quote]I done that for 23 yrs + have you ? thomas222
  • Score: 1

7:05pm Fri 15 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

Endoxa wrote:
pradagucci wrote:
IvanCamposHair wrote:
I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values.

That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes.

I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions.
Most MPs rinse the tax payer claiming THOUSANDS in expenses. They can even have a 3D tv in their appartments in London. So I think robbing the poor is probably British values through and through.
What a ridiculous comment - please don't judge us all by these outrageous standards. The majority of people are decent and honest and hence the continued call for this (and the other) councillor's resignation/sacking.
Like WHO are calling for other Cllrs to be sacked and resignations needed by any of them ?
[quote][p][bold]Endoxa[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IvanCamposHair[/bold] wrote: I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values. That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes. I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions.[/p][/quote]Most MPs rinse the tax payer claiming THOUSANDS in expenses. They can even have a 3D tv in their appartments in London. So I think robbing the poor is probably British values through and through.[/p][/quote]What a ridiculous comment - please don't judge us all by these outrageous standards. The majority of people are decent and honest and hence the continued call for this (and the other) councillor's resignation/sacking.[/p][/quote]Like WHO are calling for other Cllrs to be sacked and resignations needed by any of them ? thomas222
  • Score: 2

7:13pm Fri 15 Aug 14

calvin street says...

pradagucci wrote:
IvanCamposHair wrote:
I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values.

That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes.

I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions.
Most MPs rinse the tax payer claiming THOUSANDS in expenses. They can even have a 3D tv in their appartments in London. So I think robbing the poor is probably British values through and through.
Robbing the poor is British values ?
Please explain ?
I note there has been a big outcry, marches, collections regarding Palestine and Syria and rightly so, but what about the Christian kurds trapped on the mountain .Scum so called supporting Islamic world order murdering them. Silence is golden from the muslim community. As I stated in a post a few weeks ago I am a non believer. Whilst listening to 5live today they interviewed two Christian Kurds who wanted the west to supply weapons to them. And here I was thinking that Islam and Christianity are peaceful religions
By the way Adam and Eve, the first two people on earth had two sons. Work that one out.
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IvanCamposHair[/bold] wrote: I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values. That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes. I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions.[/p][/quote]Most MPs rinse the tax payer claiming THOUSANDS in expenses. They can even have a 3D tv in their appartments in London. So I think robbing the poor is probably British values through and through.[/p][/quote]Robbing the poor is British values ? Please explain ? I note there has been a big outcry, marches, collections regarding Palestine and Syria and rightly so, but what about the Christian kurds trapped on the mountain .Scum so called supporting Islamic world order murdering them. Silence is golden from the muslim community. As I stated in a post a few weeks ago I am a non believer. Whilst listening to 5live today they interviewed two Christian Kurds who wanted the west to supply weapons to them. And here I was thinking that Islam and Christianity are peaceful religions By the way Adam and Eve, the first two people on earth had two sons. Work that one out. calvin street
  • Score: 2

7:33pm Fri 15 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Fantastic councillors with true British values.....

Support the flag
Sing the song
and uphold corruption

This is what it means to be British.
Fantastic councillors with true British values..... Support the flag Sing the song and uphold corruption This is what it means to be British. nigella farrage
  • Score: -2

7:34pm Fri 15 Aug 14

127001 says...

Endoxa wrote:
pradagucci wrote:
IvanCamposHair wrote:
I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values.

That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes.

I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions.
Most MPs rinse the tax payer claiming THOUSANDS in expenses. They can even have a 3D tv in their appartments in London. So I think robbing the poor is probably British values through and through.
What a ridiculous comment - please don't judge us all by these outrageous standards. The majority of people are decent and honest and hence the continued call for this (and the other) councillor's resignation/sacking.
"decent and honest"?

If so, please name the other councillor involved in this continuing farce.

Yours sincerely,
the fed up electorate.
[quote][p][bold]Endoxa[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]IvanCamposHair[/bold] wrote: I hope this guy will now stop preaching to us all about what he thinks are British values. That was obviously just a political stunt to hoover up votes. I don't see any values, British or otherwise, in this guy's actions.[/p][/quote]Most MPs rinse the tax payer claiming THOUSANDS in expenses. They can even have a 3D tv in their appartments in London. So I think robbing the poor is probably British values through and through.[/p][/quote]What a ridiculous comment - please don't judge us all by these outrageous standards. The majority of people are decent and honest and hence the continued call for this (and the other) councillor's resignation/sacking.[/p][/quote]"decent and honest"? If so, please name the other councillor involved in this continuing farce. Yours sincerely, the fed up electorate. 127001
  • Score: -1

7:44pm Fri 15 Aug 14

sandals_wearer says...

The councillor's statement was "I did not attend or vote at any budget-setting meeting *during the periods I was in arrears*"

The only published information is that he was summonsed sometime between April 2012 and March 2013, so we don't know whether he was in arrears at the date of the budget setting meeting. So there's no prima facie evidence that he lied.
The councillor's statement was "I did not attend or vote at any budget-setting meeting *during the periods I was in arrears*" The only published information is that he was summonsed sometime between April 2012 and March 2013, so we don't know whether he was in arrears at the date of the budget setting meeting. So there's no prima facie evidence that he lied. sandals_wearer
  • Score: 0

8:13pm Fri 15 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

sandals_wearer wrote:
The councillor's statement was "I did not attend or vote at any budget-setting meeting *during the periods I was in arrears*"

The only published information is that he was summonsed sometime between April 2012 and March 2013, so we don't know whether he was in arrears at the date of the budget setting meeting. So there's no prima facie evidence that he lied.
Soon will be.
[quote][p][bold]sandals_wearer[/bold] wrote: The councillor's statement was "I did not attend or vote at any budget-setting meeting *during the periods I was in arrears*" The only published information is that he was summonsed sometime between April 2012 and March 2013, so we don't know whether he was in arrears at the date of the budget setting meeting. So there's no prima facie evidence that he lied.[/p][/quote]Soon will be. thomas222
  • Score: 3

8:19pm Fri 15 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Fantastic councillors with true British values.....

Support the flag
Sing the song
and uphold corruption

This is what it means to be British.
One can disown ones Nationality if one wants and also take another in some Countries if they want to. Muslim Countries welcome people as nationals when they submit to Islam. Why are you here ?
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Fantastic councillors with true British values..... Support the flag Sing the song and uphold corruption This is what it means to be British.[/p][/quote]One can disown ones Nationality if one wants and also take another in some Countries if they want to. Muslim Countries welcome people as nationals when they submit to Islam. Why are you here ? thomas222
  • Score: 1

8:26pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Dolci Vita says...

The Council Tax avoidance has been going on for more or less two years. You are not telling me that Councillor Dean did not attend any council budget meetings during this period.
The evidence will be found in the minutes of council meetings which will show who was present and who was not and on which dates.
As I said show your disgust at the ballot box in 2015.
The Council Tax avoidance has been going on for more or less two years. You are not telling me that Councillor Dean did not attend any council budget meetings during this period. The evidence will be found in the minutes of council meetings which will show who was present and who was not and on which dates. As I said show your disgust at the ballot box in 2015. Dolci Vita
  • Score: 3

8:54pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Citizen Cane says...

Their hand has been forced by the minutes of the budget meeting. The right thing to have done was for Dean not to have become a councillor in the first place without public disclosure to the electorate of his tardiness in payments. Guess what, he would not have been elected.
Resign now Dean.
Vote UKIP - they pay their council taxes

Meanwhile the Labour degenerate has not yet revealed themselves : Labour the party of tax evaders and open borders immigration

Vote UKIP
Their hand has been forced by the minutes of the budget meeting. The right thing to have done was for Dean not to have become a councillor in the first place without public disclosure to the electorate of his tardiness in payments. Guess what, he would not have been elected. Resign now Dean. Vote UKIP - they pay their council taxes Meanwhile the Labour degenerate has not yet revealed themselves : Labour the party of tax evaders and open borders immigration Vote UKIP Citizen Cane
  • Score: 5

8:57pm Fri 15 Aug 14

Donkey Stone says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Fantastic councillors with true British values.....

Support the flag
Sing the song
and uphold corruption

This is what it means to be British.
The door marked exit is always open. When you find Utopia give us all a shout.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Fantastic councillors with true British values..... Support the flag Sing the song and uphold corruption This is what it means to be British.[/p][/quote]The door marked exit is always open. When you find Utopia give us all a shout. Donkey Stone
  • Score: 7

10:30pm Fri 15 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Thomas,

You asked why am I here?

1. I was born in England
2. I was taught and trained in England
3. I believe in England being Great
4. I believe in Equal Opportunities - something people have died for to uphold.
5. I believe in freedom of religion - something that has made this country great over the last 3000 years for ALL religions
6. I believe in political freedom - again something that people have died for to protect (although some political parties want to remove that freedom)
7. I believe in the freedom to be who one wants to be - again something many people have died for to protect.

That's why I am here, I live here, born here and stay here.

So why did you return after being overseas for over 23 years?
Thomas, You asked why am I here? 1. I was born in England 2. I was taught and trained in England 3. I believe in England being Great 4. I believe in Equal Opportunities - something people have died for to uphold. 5. I believe in freedom of religion - something that has made this country great over the last 3000 years for ALL religions 6. I believe in political freedom - again something that people have died for to protect (although some political parties want to remove that freedom) 7. I believe in the freedom to be who one wants to be - again something many people have died for to protect. That's why I am here, I live here, born here and stay here. So why did you return after being overseas for over 23 years? nigella farrage
  • Score: 1

10:34pm Fri 15 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

As for Britishness - there is no such thing! (which is what I was trying to point out).

Queen in German
Her husband is Greek
Our democracy is Greek
Our language is Germanic
Our alphabet is Roman
Our currency is Roman

the list goes on..... Is anything truly British?
As for Britishness - there is no such thing! (which is what I was trying to point out). Queen in German Her husband is Greek Our democracy is Greek Our language is Germanic Our alphabet is Roman Our currency is Roman the list goes on..... Is anything truly British? nigella farrage
  • Score: -1

8:03am Sat 16 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
As for Britishness - there is no such thing! (which is what I was trying to point out).

Queen in German
Her husband is Greek
Our democracy is Greek
Our language is Germanic
Our alphabet is Roman
Our currency is Roman

the list goes on..... Is anything truly British?
Seems to me everyone in World know who the British are yet you who live here cant see it. Very Strange. First thing when working abroad is people asking are you British or even are you a Brit. And never once was i offended by someone calling me a Brit. Can we stop going back in your time machine and keep to now not then its a really stupid comparison and make you look stupid.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: As for Britishness - there is no such thing! (which is what I was trying to point out). Queen in German Her husband is Greek Our democracy is Greek Our language is Germanic Our alphabet is Roman Our currency is Roman the list goes on..... Is anything truly British?[/p][/quote]Seems to me everyone in World know who the British are yet you who live here cant see it. Very Strange. First thing when working abroad is people asking are you British or even are you a Brit. And never once was i offended by someone calling me a Brit. Can we stop going back in your time machine and keep to now not then its a really stupid comparison and make you look stupid. thomas222
  • Score: 2

10:24am Sat 16 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Thomas,

You asked why am I here?

1. I was born in England
2. I was taught and trained in England
3. I believe in England being Great
4. I believe in Equal Opportunities - something people have died for to uphold.
5. I believe in freedom of religion - something that has made this country great over the last 3000 years for ALL religions
6. I believe in political freedom - again something that people have died for to protect (although some political parties want to remove that freedom)
7. I believe in the freedom to be who one wants to be - again something many people have died for to protect.

That's why I am here, I live here, born here and stay here.

So why did you return after being overseas for over 23 years?
Does it say United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on the front your passport. This means you can be a English born Person who is a British Citizen. If you dont like that fact you are a British Citizen and dont feel comfortable with it then be a person with true conviction and get a Nationality you will be more comfy with. You will of course lose your rights to benefits etc.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Thomas, You asked why am I here? 1. I was born in England 2. I was taught and trained in England 3. I believe in England being Great 4. I believe in Equal Opportunities - something people have died for to uphold. 5. I believe in freedom of religion - something that has made this country great over the last 3000 years for ALL religions 6. I believe in political freedom - again something that people have died for to protect (although some political parties want to remove that freedom) 7. I believe in the freedom to be who one wants to be - again something many people have died for to protect. That's why I am here, I live here, born here and stay here. So why did you return after being overseas for over 23 years?[/p][/quote]Does it say United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland on the front your passport. This means you can be a English born Person who is a British Citizen. If you dont like that fact you are a British Citizen and dont feel comfortable with it then be a person with true conviction and get a Nationality you will be more comfy with. You will of course lose your rights to benefits etc. thomas222
  • Score: 1

11:24am Sat 16 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Being pedantic now, because you have lost your argument. Thereore I will be as well!! - In fact look again at your passport. It actually states on the front cover at the top - EUROPEAN UNION!

Have I said anywhere that I am not proud of being British, or are you putting words in my mouth?

Thomas, I see you being totally rude, yet again, by not answering my question to you. You expect everyone to answer your questions but you fail to answer anyone's question to you. Therefore I repeat, why did you return to the United Kingdome of Great Britain and Northern Ireland after being overseas for over 23 years?

Like I have stated I am proud to be English/British, but it seems you are not. every chance you get you seem to knock the so-called British way of life, from the Government through to the citizens of this great country. It seems to me you are actually a ashamed to class yourself as British. You have even stated that you do not mind being called a Brit. I would, and I do, mind being called a Brit. I am not a Brit, I am British!!!!!
Being pedantic now, because you have lost your argument. Thereore I will be as well!! - In fact look again at your passport. It actually states on the front cover at the top - EUROPEAN UNION! Have I said anywhere that I am not proud of being British, or are you putting words in my mouth? Thomas, I see you being totally rude, yet again, by not answering my question to you. You expect everyone to answer your questions but you fail to answer anyone's question to you. Therefore I repeat, why did you return to the United Kingdome of Great Britain and Northern Ireland after being overseas for over 23 years? Like I have stated I am proud to be English/British, but it seems you are not. every chance you get you seem to knock the so-called British way of life, from the Government through to the citizens of this great country. It seems to me you are actually a ashamed to class yourself as British. You have even stated that you do not mind being called a Brit. I would, and I do, mind being called a Brit. I am not a Brit, I am British!!!!! nigella farrage
  • Score: -1

11:26am Sat 16 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Being pedantic now, because you have lost your argument. Thereore I will be as well!! - In fact look again at your passport. It actually states on the front cover at the top - EUROPEAN UNION!

Have I said anywhere that I am not proud of being British, or are you putting words in my mouth?

Thomas, I see you being totally rude, yet again, by not answering my question to you. You expect everyone to answer your questions but you fail to answer anyone's question to you. Therefore I repeat, why did you return to the United Kingdome of Great Britain and Northern Ireland after being overseas for over 23 years?

Like I have stated I am proud to be English/British, but it seems you are not. every chance you get you seem to knock the so-called British way of life, from the Government through to the citizens of this great country. It seems to me you are actually a ashamed to class yourself as British. You have even stated that you do not mind being called a Brit. I would, and I do, mind being called a Brit. I am not a Brit, I am British!!!!!
Why i returned is feck all to do with you. Your a soft arse not a Brit.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Being pedantic now, because you have lost your argument. Thereore I will be as well!! - In fact look again at your passport. It actually states on the front cover at the top - EUROPEAN UNION! Have I said anywhere that I am not proud of being British, or are you putting words in my mouth? Thomas, I see you being totally rude, yet again, by not answering my question to you. You expect everyone to answer your questions but you fail to answer anyone's question to you. Therefore I repeat, why did you return to the United Kingdome of Great Britain and Northern Ireland after being overseas for over 23 years? Like I have stated I am proud to be English/British, but it seems you are not. every chance you get you seem to knock the so-called British way of life, from the Government through to the citizens of this great country. It seems to me you are actually a ashamed to class yourself as British. You have even stated that you do not mind being called a Brit. I would, and I do, mind being called a Brit. I am not a Brit, I am British!!!!![/p][/quote]Why i returned is feck all to do with you. Your a soft arse not a Brit. thomas222
  • Score: 0

11:31am Sat 16 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

Thomas you seem unable to distinguish from what people say about the present and what you think is in the past!

PRESENT:
Queen in German
Her husband is Greek
Our democracy is Greek
Our language is Germanic, Franco, Viking
Our alphabet is Roman
Our currency is Roman
Mini is German
Cadbury's is American
Rolls Royce is American, Japanese and German
Our Parliament is French
Fish and Chips are French


What is truly British presently?
Thomas you seem unable to distinguish from what people say about the present and what you think is in the past! PRESENT: Queen in German Her husband is Greek Our democracy is Greek Our language is Germanic, Franco, Viking Our alphabet is Roman Our currency is Roman Mini is German Cadbury's is American Rolls Royce is American, Japanese and German Our Parliament is French Fish and Chips are French What is truly British presently? nigella farrage
  • Score: 0

11:41am Sat 16 Aug 14

thomas222 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
Thomas you seem unable to distinguish from what people say about the present and what you think is in the past!

PRESENT:
Queen in German
Her husband is Greek
Our democracy is Greek
Our language is Germanic, Franco, Viking
Our alphabet is Roman
Our currency is Roman
Mini is German
Cadbury's is American
Rolls Royce is American, Japanese and German
Our Parliament is French
Fish and Chips are French


What is truly British presently?
Yes we have always had other cultures come in. When they get here settle and stay they become British Citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain if they want to within certain regulations. This is the same today thats why some Immigrants do a Citizen award.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: Thomas you seem unable to distinguish from what people say about the present and what you think is in the past! PRESENT: Queen in German Her husband is Greek Our democracy is Greek Our language is Germanic, Franco, Viking Our alphabet is Roman Our currency is Roman Mini is German Cadbury's is American Rolls Royce is American, Japanese and German Our Parliament is French Fish and Chips are French What is truly British presently?[/p][/quote]Yes we have always had other cultures come in. When they get here settle and stay they become British Citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain if they want to within certain regulations. This is the same today thats why some Immigrants do a Citizen award. thomas222
  • Score: 0

1:00pm Sat 16 Aug 14

mrs philainsy says...

Councillor Dean, did you not get the Cash Converter Loan Leaflet, in your Free Council Paper?


Get your dues paid, the rest of us have to.
Councillor Dean, did you not get the Cash Converter Loan Leaflet, in your Free Council Paper? Get your dues paid, the rest of us have to. mrs philainsy
  • Score: 4

4:59pm Sun 17 Aug 14

Dori da says...

Citizen Cane wrote:
Their hand has been forced by the minutes of the budget meeting. The right thing to have done was for Dean not to have become a councillor in the first place without public disclosure to the electorate of his tardiness in payments. Guess what, he would not have been elected.
Resign now Dean.
Vote UKIP - they pay their council taxes

Meanwhile the Labour degenerate has not yet revealed themselves : Labour the party of tax evaders and open borders immigration

Vote UKIP
Other existing councillors have had skeletons in their cupboards but still got voted on, not sure if they divulged any of their historic misdemeanours , some of them could talk there self out of anything and continually do
[quote][p][bold]Citizen Cane[/bold] wrote: Their hand has been forced by the minutes of the budget meeting. The right thing to have done was for Dean not to have become a councillor in the first place without public disclosure to the electorate of his tardiness in payments. Guess what, he would not have been elected. Resign now Dean. Vote UKIP - they pay their council taxes Meanwhile the Labour degenerate has not yet revealed themselves : Labour the party of tax evaders and open borders immigration Vote UKIP[/p][/quote]Other existing councillors have had skeletons in their cupboards but still got voted on, not sure if they divulged any of their historic misdemeanours , some of them could talk there self out of anything and continually do Dori da
  • Score: 1

4:49pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Donkey Stone says...

Dori da wrote:
Citizen Cane wrote:
Their hand has been forced by the minutes of the budget meeting. The right thing to have done was for Dean not to have become a councillor in the first place without public disclosure to the electorate of his tardiness in payments. Guess what, he would not have been elected.
Resign now Dean.
Vote UKIP - they pay their council taxes

Meanwhile the Labour degenerate has not yet revealed themselves : Labour the party of tax evaders and open borders immigration

Vote UKIP
Other existing councillors have had skeletons in their cupboards but still got voted on, not sure if they divulged any of their historic misdemeanours , some of them could talk there self out of anything and continually do
And we both know one in particular.
[quote][p][bold]Dori da[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Citizen Cane[/bold] wrote: Their hand has been forced by the minutes of the budget meeting. The right thing to have done was for Dean not to have become a councillor in the first place without public disclosure to the electorate of his tardiness in payments. Guess what, he would not have been elected. Resign now Dean. Vote UKIP - they pay their council taxes Meanwhile the Labour degenerate has not yet revealed themselves : Labour the party of tax evaders and open borders immigration Vote UKIP[/p][/quote]Other existing councillors have had skeletons in their cupboards but still got voted on, not sure if they divulged any of their historic misdemeanours , some of them could talk there self out of anything and continually do[/p][/quote]And we both know one in particular. Donkey Stone
  • Score: 1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree