THE fire service has urged people to be careful while cooking after a chip pan fire.

Crews were called shortly before 12pm yesterday to Moorland Drive, Little Hulton to reports of a kitchen fire at a house.

Three fire engines from Farnworth and Bolton Central attended and discovered a chip pan fire at the property.

The fire had started accidentally when the occupant had become distracted while cooking.

People are reminded to take care when cooking and to always stand by pans.

The crews were on the scene for around one hour.

For more information on kitchen and cooking safety go to