BOLTON Ladies' first team maintained their 100-per-cent winning record from their opening three league games with a 4-1 victory at Oldham.

The hosts had lost their first two games in the North West League Division Two South West and, despite taking an early lead, had no answer to Bolton's superior quality.

An instant equaliser came when Donna Godwyn slipped the ball to Laura Watson who hammered it home.

Chrystal Swaries put the visitors ahead when she beat the goalkeeper after Jenny Brookfield drove towards goal along the back line and pulled the ball back to the penalty spot.

Oldham were powerless to stop a Bolton side who were now in full flow and scored a third from a short corner. Yaz Aldcroft injected the ball precisely to Vicky Dean who placed it perfectly in front of Katie Bent to fire in a fierce shot.

The hosts were no match for Bolton in the second half and the lead was extended from a short corner which saw Aldcroft inject to Dean who passed back to Rachael Gibb to direct the ball to Aldcroft with power and she skilfully deflected it towards goal where Godwyn was waiting to manoeuvre it around the keeper with a reverse stick.

The club's men's first team mirror their female counterparts' record of three wins out of three after beating bottom club Blackpool 8-0 away in the North West League Division Four North.

Rob Lord got the ball rolling in the first minute, without Blackpool having had a touch of the ball, when he slotted the opening goal into the bottom corner after a move which had been started by him and involved Martin Luke and Yusuf Nalla.

Nalla got his second assist when he slipped the ball to Sam Dorsey to finish.

A precision one-two down the right between Yusuf and Dorsey enabled the former to hit the ball into the D where Damien Pearse fired home.

Toby Jones and Richie Turner held firm in defence as Blackpool tried to pull one back before the break, and Nalla made it 4-0 in the second half with a shot into the bottom corner.

The same man got the next goal with a shot into the top corner after Dorsey and Pearse had linked up down the right.

Pearse made it 6-0 with a top-quality finish from a seemingly impossible angle after a brilliant run down the wing.

It was Dorsey's turn to get on the scoresheet next and Nalla finished off the scoring by diving for his hat-trick goal.

In the same division, Bolton men's second team earned a 3-3 draw at home to Blackburn Northern second team to earn their first point in three games and deny Blackburn their third straight win in North West League Division Four North.

George Brennan slotted home well to cancel out an earlier goal by the visitors and Phil Johnston fired home at the second attempt after his initial shot was saved to give Bolton a 2-1 half-time lead.

Striker Rob Davies made it 3-1 in the second half. Their hopes of victory were dashed though when Blackburn scored from two short corners and Bolton then had to dig deep to hold on to their first point.

The ladies' second team lost 2-1 at Oldham ladies' second team in Greater Manchester League Division Two.

Debbie Green and Jane Topping forced the Oldham keeper to make two good saves before Oldham capitalised on poor marking to take the lead.

Excellent saves from Megan Heyes kept Bolton in the game in the second half before Oldham made it 2-0.

Jess Flegg pulled one back with a deserved debut goal in a promising team performance by Bolton.

There were difficult games for both the men's and ladies' third teams, with the men going down 8-1 at home to Didsbury Northern men's sixth team in the North West League Division Five North/South, and the ladies losing 7-1 to Bramhall.