Woman collapses and dies at tanning salon

A YOUNG woman collapsed and died suddenly in a sunbed shop.

It is understood Jenna Vickers, aged 26, who lived in Breightmet , was found when Tantastic manager Lisa Rourke broke into the cubicle she was using and tried to save her.

It is believed she was not on the sunbed at the time of her death.

Police and paramedics were called to the shop in Bury Road, Breightmet, at 11.10am on Monday.

A post-mortem examination has taken place and the cause of death is unascertained.

An inquest will now be held to determine the cause of her death. On August 17, an entry on Miss Vickers’ social networking Twitter page indicated she had been using tanning injections.

She wrote: “Getting a lovely tan now . . . And I’ve had no no side effects :) Very happy Bunny.”

Tanning injections are banned from sale in the UK, but can be bought online.

It is not suggested Tantastic was involved in supplying the injections or that the injections contributed to her death.

Flowers have been left outside the shop paying tribute to her.

One said: “To our darling daughter Jenna. You are going to be so sadly missed. Good night God bless my sweet. Love mum and Russ.” Another said: “RIP to my baby sis Jenna. You will always be near my heart. Big bro Nige.”

The family were too upset to talk about Jenna’s death.

A police spokesman said: “We were called but the death is being treated as non suspicious and will be passed to the coroner.”

The shop was closed on Monday but re-opened on Tuesday.

Comments (38)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:18pm Fri 7 Sep 12

danda1 says...

if people can't make a decent comment then they should refrain from commenting at all - have some respect you moron!!
if people can't make a decent comment then they should refrain from commenting at all - have some respect you moron!! danda1

5:25pm Fri 7 Sep 12

alecfranco says...

(AT LEAST HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THIS YOUNG GIRLS DEATH, "LONE WOLF LAD" & KEEP YOUR SICK JOKES TO YOURSELF, HAVE SOME EMPATHY". God bless "TO JENNA" I am genuinley shocked too hear about a young girls death at 26yrs, thats no age to go. Maybe it was the tanning injections that caused her sad demise, we'll just have to wait for further developments. May I say I'm genuinely shocked an saddend, even tho I didnt know her. RIP JENNA.
(AT LEAST HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THIS YOUNG GIRLS DEATH, "LONE WOLF LAD" & KEEP YOUR SICK JOKES TO YOURSELF, HAVE SOME EMPATHY". God bless "TO JENNA" I am genuinley shocked too hear about a young girls death at 26yrs, thats no age to go. Maybe it was the tanning injections that caused her sad demise, we'll just have to wait for further developments. May I say I'm genuinely shocked an saddend, even tho I didnt know her. RIP JENNA. alecfranco

5:50pm Fri 7 Sep 12

TheLoneWolf says...

Why should people respect the dead when this woman obv didn't respect her own body otherwise she wouldn't of felt the need to inject poisons into her body only to look darker at a cost of her life. Yes its sad that a person has died but the level of stupidity to inject crap into yourself for a tan. My sympathy ors out to deserving people not idiot who inject crap no different from a junkie in my opinion one addiction is the same as another
Why should people respect the dead when this woman obv didn't respect her own body otherwise she wouldn't of felt the need to inject poisons into her body only to look darker at a cost of her life. Yes its sad that a person has died but the level of stupidity to inject crap into yourself for a tan. My sympathy ors out to deserving people not idiot who inject crap no different from a junkie in my opinion one addiction is the same as another TheLoneWolf

8:13pm Fri 7 Sep 12

alecfranco says...

"LONE WOLF" You still dont get it do you? A WOMAN AGED 26yrs of age has died regardless of how it happened & too call her a junkie is just complete lunacy, without knowing the full facts, there hasnt even been a formal inquest yet into the cause is completely "INANE, YES LOOK IT UP IN THE DICTIONARY" You dont know that for a fact, that it was the tanning injections, it could have been anything. (MAKING OUTRAGEOUS ASSUMPTIONS THAT SHE'S A DRUGGY OR ON COCAINE OR HEROIN BEFORE KNOWING THE FULL FACTS OF HER LIFE IS REALLY SILLY + COMPLETELY STUPID). Yes she was naive buying "TANNING INJECTIONS" crap on the internet, that she NAIVELY thought would "HELP HER TAN QUICKER & PERHAPS SHE WAS VAIN" thats all she was guilty of & nothing else. So stop being a complete MORON & AT LEAST HAVE SOME SMIDGEN OF RESPECT.
"LONE WOLF" You still dont get it do you? A WOMAN AGED 26yrs of age has died regardless of how it happened & too call her a junkie is just complete lunacy, without knowing the full facts, there hasnt even been a formal inquest yet into the cause is completely "INANE, YES LOOK IT UP IN THE DICTIONARY" You dont know that for a fact, that it was the tanning injections, it could have been anything. (MAKING OUTRAGEOUS ASSUMPTIONS THAT SHE'S A DRUGGY OR ON COCAINE OR HEROIN BEFORE KNOWING THE FULL FACTS OF HER LIFE IS REALLY SILLY + COMPLETELY STUPID). Yes she was naive buying "TANNING INJECTIONS" crap on the internet, that she NAIVELY thought would "HELP HER TAN QUICKER & PERHAPS SHE WAS VAIN" thats all she was guilty of & nothing else. So stop being a complete MORON & AT LEAST HAVE SOME SMIDGEN OF RESPECT. alecfranco

8:32pm Fri 7 Sep 12

TheLoneWolf says...

They say the truth hurts... I feel sorry for her family not her... the people who are left behind and who loved her who now have to libel in a world where she is dead. And is it an act of lunacy in believing that people are addicted to these methods of tanning?... Errrm no i don't think so because yes people get so addicted to tanning they continue even after knowing the dangers just like a smoker just like a drunk just like a junkie so get off your high horse and stop pretending that you actually give a toss
They say the truth hurts... I feel sorry for her family not her... the people who are left behind and who loved her who now have to libel in a world where she is dead. And is it an act of lunacy in believing that people are addicted to these methods of tanning?... Errrm no i don't think so because yes people get so addicted to tanning they continue even after knowing the dangers just like a smoker just like a drunk just like a junkie so get off your high horse and stop pretending that you actually give a toss TheLoneWolf

9:26pm Fri 7 Sep 12

Maxine2 says...

Your vile comment has now been removed after I complained Mr Lone one, and I will also ask for you to be banned from any future comments!! Your comments sicken me...
Your vile comment has now been removed after I complained Mr Lone one, and I will also ask for you to be banned from any future comments!! Your comments sicken me... Maxine2

10:22pm Fri 7 Sep 12

gemmahargreaves says...

'the lone wolf' - you absolute ignorant person- have you nothing better to do other than make obscene vile comments about things that are of no concern to you! You talk about respect? Didnt you think that this poor girls family could read your disgusting comments? Absolutely shocking - you should be removed from this website!!!!!!!
'the lone wolf' - you absolute ignorant person- have you nothing better to do other than make obscene vile comments about things that are of no concern to you! You talk about respect? Didnt you think that this poor girls family could read your disgusting comments? Absolutely shocking - you should be removed from this website!!!!!!! gemmahargreaves

11:02pm Fri 7 Sep 12

CarlXVIGustaf says...

I agree with lone wolf
I agree with lone wolf CarlXVIGustaf

11:05pm Fri 7 Sep 12

CarlXVIGustaf says...

I feel sorry most sorry for the staff that found her.
I feel sorry most sorry for the staff that found her. CarlXVIGustaf

11:05pm Fri 7 Sep 12

TheLoneWolf says...

Have you never heard of freedom of speech and ill tell you whats for free people sicken me who feel sorry for the loosers who inject anything to feel better about theirself end of
Have you never heard of freedom of speech and ill tell you whats for free people sicken me who feel sorry for the loosers who inject anything to feel better about theirself end of TheLoneWolf

11:18pm Fri 7 Sep 12

Maxine2 says...

Lets hope it is "end of" from the likes of you, go away and crawl back under the stone you came from! Crystal? GOOD!
Lets hope it is "end of" from the likes of you, go away and crawl back under the stone you came from! Crystal? GOOD! Maxine2

11:18pm Fri 7 Sep 12

buttmunch says...

alecfranco wrote:
"LONE WOLF" You still dont get it do you? A WOMAN AGED 26yrs of age has died regardless of how it happened & too call her a junkie is just complete lunacy, without knowing the full facts, there hasnt even been a formal inquest yet into the cause is completely "INANE, YES LOOK IT UP IN THE DICTIONARY" You dont know that for a fact, that it was the tanning injections, it could have been anything. (MAKING OUTRAGEOUS ASSUMPTIONS THAT SHE'S A DRUGGY OR ON COCAINE OR HEROIN BEFORE KNOWING THE FULL FACTS OF HER LIFE IS REALLY SILLY + COMPLETELY STUPID). Yes she was naive buying "TANNING INJECTIONS" crap on the internet, that she NAIVELY thought would "HELP HER TAN QUICKER & PERHAPS SHE WAS VAIN" thats all she was guilty of & nothing else. So stop being a complete MORON & AT LEAST HAVE SOME SMIDGEN OF RESPECT.
Think you two need to pull your head out your Arse and its true what the lone wolf is saying about it all.wanted a bloody suntan stupid women it can cause side affects and probably death it can cause all kinds of internal damage to your body.

Everybody is entitled to their have a say weather you like or not!! Who made you a juror to say what he can and can't say. The woman isn't my family I don't know her to be honest couldn't care bloody less what's happened vote my own life worry about apart from stupid woman taking tanning injections and some idiots on here telling people what the6 can and can't write.
[quote][p][bold]alecfranco[/bold] wrote: "LONE WOLF" You still dont get it do you? A WOMAN AGED 26yrs of age has died regardless of how it happened & too call her a junkie is just complete lunacy, without knowing the full facts, there hasnt even been a formal inquest yet into the cause is completely "INANE, YES LOOK IT UP IN THE DICTIONARY" You dont know that for a fact, that it was the tanning injections, it could have been anything. (MAKING OUTRAGEOUS ASSUMPTIONS THAT SHE'S A DRUGGY OR ON COCAINE OR HEROIN BEFORE KNOWING THE FULL FACTS OF HER LIFE IS REALLY SILLY + COMPLETELY STUPID). Yes she was naive buying "TANNING INJECTIONS" crap on the internet, that she NAIVELY thought would "HELP HER TAN QUICKER & PERHAPS SHE WAS VAIN" thats all she was guilty of & nothing else. So stop being a complete MORON & AT LEAST HAVE SOME SMIDGEN OF RESPECT.[/p][/quote]Think you two need to pull your head out your Arse and its true what the lone wolf is saying about it all.wanted a bloody suntan stupid women it can cause side affects and probably death it can cause all kinds of internal damage to your body. Everybody is entitled to their have a say weather you like or not!! Who made you a juror to say what he can and can't say. The woman isn't my family I don't know her to be honest couldn't care bloody less what's happened vote my own life worry about apart from stupid woman taking tanning injections and some idiots on here telling people what the6 can and can't write. buttmunch

11:32pm Fri 7 Sep 12

Maxine2 says...

Don't bother to comment until you have been back to school for some English lessons YOU DUMB ****!
Show some respect please a young lady has died...
Don't bother to comment until you have been back to school for some English lessons YOU DUMB ****! Show some respect please a young lady has died... Maxine2

8:32am Sat 8 Sep 12

buttmunch says...

O maxine get of your high horse only thing you can attack me is my grammar. You think am bothered what you say you silly. I can and I will write what ever I want too. Weather you like it or not. So shut your cornhole woman!!!
O maxine get of your high horse only thing you can attack me is my grammar. You think am bothered what you say you silly. I can and I will write what ever I want too. Weather you like it or not. So shut your cornhole woman!!! buttmunch

8:38am Sat 8 Sep 12

TheLoneWolf says...

Like i said freedom of speech ill post as i feel fit to do so. And Im not going to butter up the truth so it tastes better for anyone to swallow... As for spelling mistakes well i can only apologise for my phones autocorrect but is that all you have to say to me that my spelling was crap lol its rather amusing no wonder people feel they need to be tanned to be accepted if these are the friends she had a bunch of high expectating dullards who thinks its acceptable to be a tanning junkie then what happened was only inevitable... mutatis mutandis my friends. And if Im wrong then why has 4 people agreed with the comment that they agree with me so obviously you need to remove your head from your backside and wonder why this lady felt the need to inject poisons in the 1st place knowing full well that they had risks
Like i said freedom of speech ill post as i feel fit to do so. And Im not going to butter up the truth so it tastes better for anyone to swallow... As for spelling mistakes well i can only apologise for my phones autocorrect but is that all you have to say to me that my spelling was crap lol its rather amusing no wonder people feel they need to be tanned to be accepted if these are the friends she had a bunch of high expectating dullards who thinks its acceptable to be a tanning junkie then what happened was only inevitable... mutatis mutandis my friends. And if Im wrong then why has 4 people agreed with the comment that they agree with me so obviously you need to remove your head from your backside and wonder why this lady felt the need to inject poisons in the 1st place knowing full well that they had risks TheLoneWolf

12:44pm Sat 8 Sep 12

hoboh2o says...

TheLoneWolf wrote:
Have you never heard of freedom of speech and ill tell you whats for free people sicken me who feel sorry for the loosers who inject anything to feel better about theirself end of
Obviously LoneWolf, you know little about the ‘Rights to freedom of speech’, let me enlighten you.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.”

Before you get too smug,

“This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.
The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or the rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.”

So, you see there is no such thing as the “Right” to say, post or do whatever you want.
The reason a lot of distastful or as per your first deleted potentially Libelous comments ‘get away with it’ is due mainly to people’s thoughts that ‘You always get one’.

If you know more about this sad incident than apparently the authorities do, I suggest you contact them and pass on the information you have or stop believing the implied sensationalist twist in the reporting and tone down your comments to take into account the feelings of others.
I doubt the majority who have read this ‘Report’ will fail to agree with your main point that it is far from sensible to inject anything, unless under medical supervision, into your body, even if it proves to be of no consequence in this case, but to assume and link things without any ‘Real evidence’ is a dangerous game, there may well be other factors or reasons.
It costs nothing, nor is hard to be decent in circumstances like this, please keep this in mind when posting comments.
[quote][p][bold]TheLoneWolf[/bold] wrote: Have you never heard of freedom of speech and ill tell you whats for free people sicken me who feel sorry for the loosers who inject anything to feel better about theirself end of[/p][/quote]Obviously LoneWolf, you know little about the ‘Rights to freedom of speech’, let me enlighten you. “Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.” Before you get too smug, “This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or the rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.” So, you see there is no such thing as the “Right” to say, post or do whatever you want. The reason a lot of distastful or as per your first deleted potentially Libelous comments ‘get away with it’ is due mainly to people’s thoughts that ‘You always get one’. If you know more about this sad incident than apparently the authorities do, I suggest you contact them and pass on the information you have or stop believing the implied sensationalist twist in the reporting and tone down your comments to take into account the feelings of others. I doubt the majority who have read this ‘Report’ will fail to agree with your main point that it is far from sensible to inject anything, unless under medical supervision, into your body, even if it proves to be of no consequence in this case, but to assume and link things without any ‘Real evidence’ is a dangerous game, there may well be other factors or reasons. It costs nothing, nor is hard to be decent in circumstances like this, please keep this in mind when posting comments. hoboh2o

1:02pm Sat 8 Sep 12

TheLoneWolf says...

Im not even wasting my time reading your cut and copy from Google messageso like i said the truth hurts doesn't it and of i appear smug its only because IM RIGHT end of
Im not even wasting my time reading your cut and copy from Google messageso like i said the truth hurts doesn't it and of i appear smug its only because IM RIGHT end of TheLoneWolf

1:43pm Sat 8 Sep 12

berushka says...

The death of any person is regrettable, but people, old and young, are dying every second all over the world. Do we see outbreaks of grieve and sorrow for these deaths? No, because we choose to ignore it. So, although this young lady died, one must ask why there is this trend to look different, to have a tan, albeit a false one. I blame the likes of no-bodies like footballers' wives giving the impression that to look like them is chic and trendy.

There are many ways to express ones opinion about such things, and it is unfortunate that Lone Wolfe and others cannot be more eloquent in their choice of words, but the basis of what they are saying is, at the very least, as valid of those who call them vicious names on this post. To try and artificially change what you were born with is playing with fire; one might ask why were these injections banned; yes, a sad loss, but don't act like the mourners around an Arabian funeral pyre, just putting on a show for the family.
The death of any person is regrettable, but people, old and young, are dying every second all over the world. Do we see outbreaks of grieve and sorrow for these deaths? No, because we choose to ignore it. So, although this young lady died, one must ask why there is this trend to look different, to have a tan, albeit a false one. I blame the likes of no-bodies like footballers' wives giving the impression that to look like them is chic and trendy. There are many ways to express ones opinion about such things, and it is unfortunate that Lone Wolfe and others cannot be more eloquent in their choice of words, but the basis of what they are saying is, at the very least, as valid of those who call them vicious names on this post. To try and artificially change what you were born with is playing with fire; one might ask why were these injections banned; yes, a sad loss, but don't act like the mourners around an Arabian funeral pyre, just putting on a show for the family. berushka

2:17pm Sat 8 Sep 12

Maxine2 says...

If most of you making the comments actually saw the first comment left by Lonely one, which has now been removed by the Bolton News due to complaints, then I think your comments would read different...
If most of you making the comments actually saw the first comment left by Lonely one, which has now been removed by the Bolton News due to complaints, then I think your comments would read different... Maxine2

2:44pm Sat 8 Sep 12

hoboh2o says...

Interesting, you think I'm googling? Feel free to carry on you will sooner or later 'cross the line'.
You know absolutely nothing about this incident yet you 'Know the truth'. Really, being you are such a font of knowledge why not put it to good use and cure all our ecconomic woes?

berushka,
I presume you missed the first comment LoneWolf felt compelled to post which the administrators removed? Sensible comment is one thing lurid disgraceful ones are another. No reasonable person under such circumstances 'Puts on a show for the family', I actually thing it was wrong to open a public comment section on this sad subject in the first place.
Interesting, you think I'm googling? Feel free to carry on you will sooner or later 'cross the line'. You know absolutely nothing about this incident yet you 'Know the truth'. Really, being you are such a font of knowledge why not put it to good use and cure all our ecconomic woes? berushka, I presume you missed the first comment LoneWolf felt compelled to post which the administrators removed? Sensible comment is one thing lurid disgraceful ones are another. No reasonable person under such circumstances 'Puts on a show for the family', I actually thing it was wrong to open a public comment section on this sad subject in the first place. hoboh2o

2:54pm Sat 8 Sep 12

atlas123 says...

hoboh2o wrote:
TheLoneWolf wrote:
Have you never heard of freedom of speech and ill tell you whats for free people sicken me who feel sorry for the loosers who inject anything to feel better about theirself end of
Obviously LoneWolf, you know little about the ‘Rights to freedom of speech’, let me enlighten you.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.”

Before you get too smug,

“This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.
The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or the rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.”

So, you see there is no such thing as the “Right” to say, post or do whatever you want.
The reason a lot of distastful or as per your first deleted potentially Libelous comments ‘get away with it’ is due mainly to people’s thoughts that ‘You always get one’.

If you know more about this sad incident than apparently the authorities do, I suggest you contact them and pass on the information you have or stop believing the implied sensationalist twist in the reporting and tone down your comments to take into account the feelings of others.
I doubt the majority who have read this ‘Report’ will fail to agree with your main point that it is far from sensible to inject anything, unless under medical supervision, into your body, even if it proves to be of no consequence in this case, but to assume and link things without any ‘Real evidence’ is a dangerous game, there may well be other factors or reasons.
It costs nothing, nor is hard to be decent in circumstances like this, please keep this in mind when posting comments.
I see nothing in that that prevents lone wolf from voicing his opinion, even if some might find it harsh, distasteful or disrespectful.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
Voltaire


It is important to remember that the fact this young lady was perhaps injecting herself with tanning juice may not have any bearing whatsoever on her death. For all we know she may have been another Muamba.
[quote][p][bold]hoboh2o[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheLoneWolf[/bold] wrote: Have you never heard of freedom of speech and ill tell you whats for free people sicken me who feel sorry for the loosers who inject anything to feel better about theirself end of[/p][/quote]Obviously LoneWolf, you know little about the ‘Rights to freedom of speech’, let me enlighten you. “Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.” Before you get too smug, “This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises. The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or the rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.” So, you see there is no such thing as the “Right” to say, post or do whatever you want. The reason a lot of distastful or as per your first deleted potentially Libelous comments ‘get away with it’ is due mainly to people’s thoughts that ‘You always get one’. If you know more about this sad incident than apparently the authorities do, I suggest you contact them and pass on the information you have or stop believing the implied sensationalist twist in the reporting and tone down your comments to take into account the feelings of others. I doubt the majority who have read this ‘Report’ will fail to agree with your main point that it is far from sensible to inject anything, unless under medical supervision, into your body, even if it proves to be of no consequence in this case, but to assume and link things without any ‘Real evidence’ is a dangerous game, there may well be other factors or reasons. It costs nothing, nor is hard to be decent in circumstances like this, please keep this in mind when posting comments.[/p][/quote]I see nothing in that that prevents lone wolf from voicing his opinion, even if some might find it harsh, distasteful or disrespectful. "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" Voltaire It is important to remember that the fact this young lady was perhaps injecting herself with tanning juice may not have any bearing whatsoever on her death. For all we know she may have been another Muamba. atlas123

4:08pm Sat 8 Sep 12

berushka says...

hoboh2o wrote:
Interesting, you think I'm googling? Feel free to carry on you will sooner or later 'cross the line'.
You know absolutely nothing about this incident yet you 'Know the truth'. Really, being you are such a font of knowledge why not put it to good use and cure all our ecconomic woes?

berushka,
I presume you missed the first comment LoneWolf felt compelled to post which the administrators removed? Sensible comment is one thing lurid disgraceful ones are another. No reasonable person under such circumstances 'Puts on a show for the family', I actually thing it was wrong to open a public comment section on this sad subject in the first place.
if you care to read my post, you will see that I accepted that others may have used terms and phrases that upset others, but the point is everyone is entitled to their opinion about any subject, and as this young person chose to inject herself with a banned substance, then obviously people will have something to say about it. As for 'reasonable people' not putting on a show, then I can only assume you are not au fai with other cultures and customs; some places actually employ people to show grief, it makes everyone feel better. And to suggest that she may have been another muamba, please don't fall into the trap of comparing one dubious case with another.
[quote][p][bold]hoboh2o[/bold] wrote: Interesting, you think I'm googling? Feel free to carry on you will sooner or later 'cross the line'. You know absolutely nothing about this incident yet you 'Know the truth'. Really, being you are such a font of knowledge why not put it to good use and cure all our ecconomic woes? berushka, I presume you missed the first comment LoneWolf felt compelled to post which the administrators removed? Sensible comment is one thing lurid disgraceful ones are another. No reasonable person under such circumstances 'Puts on a show for the family', I actually thing it was wrong to open a public comment section on this sad subject in the first place.[/p][/quote]if you care to read my post, you will see that I accepted that others may have used terms and phrases that upset others, but the point is everyone is entitled to their opinion about any subject, and as this young person chose to inject herself with a banned substance, then obviously people will have something to say about it. As for 'reasonable people' not putting on a show, then I can only assume you are not au fai with other cultures and customs; some places actually employ people to show grief, it makes everyone feel better. And to suggest that she may have been another muamba, please don't fall into the trap of comparing one dubious case with another. berushka

4:26pm Sat 8 Sep 12

TheLoneWolf says...

Well they do say the truth hurts
Well they do say the truth hurts TheLoneWolf

5:40pm Sat 8 Sep 12

buttmunch says...

Maxine2 wrote:
If most of you making the comments actually saw the first comment left by Lonely one, which has now been removed by the Bolton News due to complaints, then I think your comments would read different...
There she blows again.for everybody's sake shut your gob and give your Arse a chance.

Lmfao maxine2 pot calling kettle the black there don't you think!. You go on about me needing English lessons maybe you should learn to read you dumb fcuk. Its thelonewolf not the lonely one or Mr lone one..maybe be you should practice what you preach. I know my grammar is rubbish. I couldn't careless
[quote][p][bold]Maxine2[/bold] wrote: If most of you making the comments actually saw the first comment left by Lonely one, which has now been removed by the Bolton News due to complaints, then I think your comments would read different...[/p][/quote]There she blows again.for everybody's sake shut your gob and give your Arse a chance. Lmfao maxine2 pot calling kettle the black there don't you think!. You go on about me needing English lessons maybe you should learn to read you dumb fcuk. Its thelonewolf not the lonely one or Mr lone one..maybe be you should practice what you preach. I know my grammar is rubbish. I couldn't careless buttmunch

6:08pm Sat 8 Sep 12

AdeleTeresa says...

I am deeply saddened to read this story. It is horrible to read such awful comments about this tragic loss by people who can not keep their opinions to themselves and I feel that whoever is in charge of The Bolton News website editing should keep an eye on commenting. That poor girls family are suffering enough and I can't even imagine how mortified they would be if they read the comments for themselves. Some people need to get a grip. Ban them in my opinion. It's not right. And no evidence suggests how she has lost her life yet so get off your high horses.

Rest peacefully Jenna and my sympathy to your family.
I am deeply saddened to read this story. It is horrible to read such awful comments about this tragic loss by people who can not keep their opinions to themselves and I feel that whoever is in charge of The Bolton News website editing should keep an eye on commenting. That poor girls family are suffering enough and I can't even imagine how mortified they would be if they read the comments for themselves. Some people need to get a grip. Ban them in my opinion. It's not right. And no evidence suggests how she has lost her life yet so get off your high horses. Rest peacefully Jenna and my sympathy to your family. AdeleTeresa

6:35pm Sat 8 Sep 12

Rememberscarborough says...

Some comments on here may be extremely crass and tactless but it doesn't alter the fact that a family have lost their young daughter needlessly. The media need to take some of the blame for this because of their fascination and obsession with tanned celebrities. How many more need to die before they take some responsibilty for their actions?
Some comments on here may be extremely crass and tactless but it doesn't alter the fact that a family have lost their young daughter needlessly. The media need to take some of the blame for this because of their fascination and obsession with tanned celebrities. How many more need to die before they take some responsibilty for their actions? Rememberscarborough

6:38pm Sat 8 Sep 12

TheLoneWolf says...

AdeleTeresa wrote:
I am deeply saddened to read this story. It is horrible to read such awful comments about this tragic loss by people who can not keep their opinions to themselves and I feel that whoever is in charge of The Bolton News website editing should keep an eye on commenting. That poor girls family are suffering enough and I can't even imagine how mortified they would be if they read the comments for themselves. Some people need to get a grip. Ban them in my opinion. It's not right. And no evidence suggests how she has lost her life yet so get off your high horses.

Rest peacefully Jenna and my sympathy to your family.
This is the real world baby where people die just the circle of life no body forced hrr to inject anything and that's the bottom line
[quote][p][bold]AdeleTeresa[/bold] wrote: I am deeply saddened to read this story. It is horrible to read such awful comments about this tragic loss by people who can not keep their opinions to themselves and I feel that whoever is in charge of The Bolton News website editing should keep an eye on commenting. That poor girls family are suffering enough and I can't even imagine how mortified they would be if they read the comments for themselves. Some people need to get a grip. Ban them in my opinion. It's not right. And no evidence suggests how she has lost her life yet so get off your high horses. Rest peacefully Jenna and my sympathy to your family.[/p][/quote]This is the real world baby where people die just the circle of life no body forced hrr to inject anything and that's the bottom line TheLoneWolf

6:47pm Sat 8 Sep 12

AdeleTeresa says...

Nothing more than a thoughtless troll...
Nothing more than a thoughtless troll... AdeleTeresa

7:09pm Sat 8 Sep 12

berushka says...

The point about tanned celebrities is what I was hinting at; why do young people think that they need to emanate these nobodies? But I seem to be missing something about this story. There is no mention of a husband or Father of the girl, yet she has a different surname from that of her Mother. Do I smell a touch of over-reporting by the BN just to make a headline? I am sure when the facts are known, it is not so simple as it seems and may turn out to have been the sad result of doing something that was probably best left undone.
The point about tanned celebrities is what I was hinting at; why do young people think that they need to emanate these nobodies? But I seem to be missing something about this story. There is no mention of a husband or Father of the girl, yet she has a different surname from that of her Mother. Do I smell a touch of over-reporting by the BN just to make a headline? I am sure when the facts are known, it is not so simple as it seems and may turn out to have been the sad result of doing something that was probably best left undone. berushka

7:27pm Sat 8 Sep 12

TheLoneWolf says...

So Im a troll simply because I've spoke the truth well that just shows how thick you are now doesn't it. Like i said the truth hurts that's all i need to say
So Im a troll simply because I've spoke the truth well that just shows how thick you are now doesn't it. Like i said the truth hurts that's all i need to say TheLoneWolf

7:59pm Sat 8 Sep 12

jennie_024 says...

No one has even said that she has passed away due to tanning injections, thats just one possibility
No one has even said that she has passed away due to tanning injections, thats just one possibility jennie_024

8:10pm Sat 8 Sep 12

jennie_024 says...

At the end of the day someone has passed away, and the cause is not certain, but whatever the cause is, have some respect, I know that if this was a family member of mine who had passed away, the negative comments on here would make an already devasting event even worse. Have your opinions but also be empathetic to all the people who this loss effects. Tanning Injections as we know are not legal in the UK but I know of many people who have used these purely for confidence reasons. It may sound stupid to some people, but having a nice tan can make a person feel so much better about themselves, and lets face it, we live in a society where unfortunately, a lot of people do judge physical appearence over anything else. Its like losing weight, some people try all sorts of slimming tablets because they are desperate to 'look good'.
My thoughts go out to the family and friends of this lady - such a tradegy, and I wish society had more understanding of the challenges of individuals who will try anything to make them feel better about themselves.
As I've already said, we do not know the definate cause, but please have some respect and put some thoughts into what you are saying.
At the end of the day someone has passed away, and the cause is not certain, but whatever the cause is, have some respect, I know that if this was a family member of mine who had passed away, the negative comments on here would make an already devasting event even worse. Have your opinions but also be empathetic to all the people who this loss effects. Tanning Injections as we know are not legal in the UK but I know of many people who have used these purely for confidence reasons. It may sound stupid to some people, but having a nice tan can make a person feel so much better about themselves, and lets face it, we live in a society where unfortunately, a lot of people do judge physical appearence over anything else. Its like losing weight, some people try all sorts of slimming tablets because they are desperate to 'look good'. My thoughts go out to the family and friends of this lady - such a tradegy, and I wish society had more understanding of the challenges of individuals who will try anything to make them feel better about themselves. As I've already said, we do not know the definate cause, but please have some respect and put some thoughts into what you are saying. jennie_024

9:19pm Sat 8 Sep 12

AdeleTeresa says...

Errr, what actual right do you have to call anyone thick? Just proves you are a big mouth who knows sweet FA about a lot of things. Rant all you want, I have better things to do with my time than be insulted by a childish, over opinionated, name calling busy body. Norris Cole wannabe springs to mind!!! Hope you're happy offending people who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Shame on you and I hope karma bites your ar*e
Errr, what actual right do you have to call anyone thick? Just proves you are a big mouth who knows sweet FA about a lot of things. Rant all you want, I have better things to do with my time than be insulted by a childish, over opinionated, name calling busy body. Norris Cole wannabe springs to mind!!! Hope you're happy offending people who are grieving the loss of a loved one. Shame on you and I hope karma bites your ar*e AdeleTeresa

12:54pm Sun 9 Sep 12

macauley says...

buttmunch wrote:
O maxine get of your high horse only thing you can attack me is my grammar. You think am bothered what you say you silly. I can and I will write what ever I want too. Weather you like it or not. So shut your cornhole woman!!!
everyone has there right to comment.so if you dont like what people think.i dugest you do one now.
[quote][p][bold]buttmunch[/bold] wrote: O maxine get of your high horse only thing you can attack me is my grammar. You think am bothered what you say you silly. I can and I will write what ever I want too. Weather you like it or not. So shut your cornhole woman!!![/p][/quote]everyone has there right to comment.so if you dont like what people think.i dugest you do one now. macauley

11:19am Mon 10 Sep 12

Reed Lover says...

TheLoneWolf wrote:
Why should people respect the dead when this woman obv didn't respect her own body otherwise she wouldn't of felt the need to inject poisons into her body only to look darker at a cost of her life. Yes its sad that a person has died but the level of stupidity to inject crap into yourself for a tan. My sympathy ors out to deserving people not idiot who inject crap no different from a junkie in my opinion one addiction is the same as another
These days the majority of people who die before their 70s do so because of something silly they did or over-indulging in food, alcohol or tobacco. Why single this girl out for being human?
Better we single out people like you for being inhuman...
[quote][p][bold]TheLoneWolf[/bold] wrote: Why should people respect the dead when this woman obv didn't respect her own body otherwise she wouldn't of felt the need to inject poisons into her body only to look darker at a cost of her life. Yes its sad that a person has died but the level of stupidity to inject crap into yourself for a tan. My sympathy ors out to deserving people not idiot who inject crap no different from a junkie in my opinion one addiction is the same as another[/p][/quote]These days the majority of people who die before their 70s do so because of something silly they did or over-indulging in food, alcohol or tobacco. Why single this girl out for being human? Better we single out people like you for being inhuman... Reed Lover

1:11pm Mon 10 Sep 12

berushka says...

Reed Lover wrote:
TheLoneWolf wrote:
Why should people respect the dead when this woman obv didn't respect her own body otherwise she wouldn't of felt the need to inject poisons into her body only to look darker at a cost of her life. Yes its sad that a person has died but the level of stupidity to inject crap into yourself for a tan. My sympathy ors out to deserving people not idiot who inject crap no different from a junkie in my opinion one addiction is the same as another
These days the majority of people who die before their 70s do so because of something silly they did or over-indulging in food, alcohol or tobacco. Why single this girl out for being human?
Better we single out people like you for being inhuman...
Says who? Don't throw out figures without proof; in the Czech republic they drink more than anywhere else in Europe, smoke like a Fred Dibnah chimney, eat all day everyday, yet live to a ripe old age. My maternal Grandmothers both died recently at the ages of 97 and 94 respectively, so it points to a different life style, not over-indulgence, that may cause premature death. And I now see that the Police have confirmed that the substance this young woman was using is an illegal substance, and selling it is liable to subject the seller to arrest. So it leads one to assume that to use it, ie inject it, is also illegal, as injecting any illegal substance is. And again, what a waste of a life just trying to look different. If you want a tan, go and lie on the beach at Blackpool, more healthy and certainly cheaper. Went to look at a RR Evoque, with a view to buying one, until the salesman told me the extensive use of plastic inside was influenced by a footballer's wife, who had a hand in the design. Obviously she wanted her car to be plasticly (does this word exist?) enhanced like herself. Didn't buy the car.
[quote][p][bold]Reed Lover[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheLoneWolf[/bold] wrote: Why should people respect the dead when this woman obv didn't respect her own body otherwise she wouldn't of felt the need to inject poisons into her body only to look darker at a cost of her life. Yes its sad that a person has died but the level of stupidity to inject crap into yourself for a tan. My sympathy ors out to deserving people not idiot who inject crap no different from a junkie in my opinion one addiction is the same as another[/p][/quote]These days the majority of people who die before their 70s do so because of something silly they did or over-indulging in food, alcohol or tobacco. Why single this girl out for being human? Better we single out people like you for being inhuman...[/p][/quote]Says who? Don't throw out figures without proof; in the Czech republic they drink more than anywhere else in Europe, smoke like a Fred Dibnah chimney, eat all day everyday, yet live to a ripe old age. My maternal Grandmothers both died recently at the ages of 97 and 94 respectively, so it points to a different life style, not over-indulgence, that may cause premature death. And I now see that the Police have confirmed that the substance this young woman was using is an illegal substance, and selling it is liable to subject the seller to arrest. So it leads one to assume that to use it, ie inject it, is also illegal, as injecting any illegal substance is. And again, what a waste of a life just trying to look different. If you want a tan, go and lie on the beach at Blackpool, more healthy and certainly cheaper. Went to look at a RR Evoque, with a view to buying one, until the salesman told me the extensive use of plastic inside was influenced by a footballer's wife, who had a hand in the design. Obviously she wanted her car to be plasticly (does this word exist?) enhanced like herself. Didn't buy the car. berushka

4:47pm Mon 10 Sep 12

The Running Man says...

Two maternal grandmothers! Well, who'd have thought? High six! :)
Two maternal grandmothers! Well, who'd have thought? High six! :) The Running Man

9:59am Tue 11 Sep 12

berushka says...

the penalty for marrying twice is you get two of everything!
the penalty for marrying twice is you get two of everything! berushka

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree