Chip pan fire in Great Lever
8:50am Wednesday 16th October 2013 in Bolton
A fire crew was called out to a chip pan fire in Great Lever last night.
The incident took place in Holmes Street at around 7.30pm, with a crew from Bolton Central fire station attending.
The house had a working smoke alarm, and fire fighters managed to turn the cooker off.
There was no substantial fire damage to the property, with mainly smoke damage to the interior of the house.
The man was checked over by paramedics and he did not need any further treatment, and did not go to hospital.
Watch manager Ian Ainsworth said that the man had been distracted, and warned about the dangers of chip pans.
He said: “Chip pans can be very dangerous, and people must be very careful and vigilant when using them.”
Comments are closed on this article.