Mum praised for getting children out of house after Little Hulton kitchen fire
12:16pm Monday 4th November 2013 in Bolton
A MOTHER has been praised by firefighters for her actions after a blaze broke out in the kitchen.
A smoke alarm alerted the family to the fire just before 11pm on Sunday.
John Duffin, watch manager at Farnworth Fire Station, said: “She did everything right and had a working smoke alarm, which everyone is entitle to have.”
The woman was given oxygen.
The fire is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault in an extractor fan.
The fan and kitchen units suffered fire damaged and there smoke damage in the kitchen.
No one was taken to hospital.
Comments are closed on this article.