A JURY has been sworn in the case of a man accused of raping a woman in Bolton town centre.
Seven women and five men heard Luke Entwistle, aged 28, of no fixed address, is charged with rape, perverting the course of justice and theft.
The rape is alleged to have taken place in the churchyard of Bolton Parish Church in Churchgate after the victim had been drinking in the town centre in the early hours of October 5 last year.
Recorder David Turner QC, addressing the jury, said: “Without going into much detail we haven’t made any progress.
“I have been asked would I put off starting the case until tomorrow.”
The trial at Bolton Crown Court, which is expected to last three days, was adjourned until today.
- Courageous shop boss 'disgusted' at car thief's sentence
- Woman cut free from car after two vehicle crash in Radcliffe
- Woman flees burning bedroom after cigarette starts fire
- UPDATED: Sawn off shotgun found in Bolton park
- Teenager stabbed in leg in Tonge Moor